It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An almost unnatural darkness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
www.katv.com...

I've been watching the live stream out of Mayflower and Vilonia Arkansas where a tornado struck. There is almost unnatural darkness there. It is one in the afternoon and watching the live stream, it looks like a middle of the night shot. They keep saying they can't see very well to do search and rescue. It is so weird. I have never seen such darkness after a storm.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jessieg

Wait, I'm confused. I literally just heard them say, to paraphrase, "Thank you for joining us here at 6-whatever AM" in this newscast. Are you trying to pass off a replay of morning news as live?? It says right up in the top left corner that it's a replay o.O
Edit: They clearly state at the end of it that the time is 6:25 AM.

Either way, 6am would make it pretty dark. So no, not an unnatural darkness.
edit on 4/28/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Good eye, maybe the OP did not notice that either and so posted thinking that it was a live stream. It's possible and I guess I'm just not trying to play the blame game lol. Yes, it can still be dark this time of year at that time in the morning and rescuers may have had to wait until dawn.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
That's a live stream link the OP posted, so most likely that was the correct time as he stated.

edit on 28-4-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I was watching the news when they showed the video of the destruction and it looked like the middle of the night. At first I thought this happened the night before. I to was puzzled when they said the time...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth
No, it isn't a live feed at all, it's a repeat of their morning news. Here, I'll post a screen grab with the "replay" and the time highlighted:

It's up to 8:14 in this grab. Note the time I posted prior, they said it was 6:25 AM then. Now, 2 hours later, the replay feed is 2 hours further along at 8:14. Replay, not live.

Edit: To make sure everyone understands the time zones, Arkansas is in the CDT time zone. I'm in the eastern one. It's 5 PM for me right now, therefore it's 4 PM in Arkansas. When the 6:25 bit was spoken, it was, at that time, 7:25 eastern. Same with the screen grab time, it was after 9 my time. This isn't live, people.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I saw a video of a driver riding into that tornado. It wasn't dark until he got into it. Then it was pitch black.

new topics

top topics

join