It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Terrible Fear of Paying the Poor Too Much

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

It does appear some one here has a good grasp of "trickle down economics".
The only problem is the same it has always been.
If your not in the right place, the economics will trickle right on down past you.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
And I forgot to add..
Think of all the people making say 14.40 an hr..(my wife for example) You think if min wage was 15 an hr she would get a compensated raise for that? I think not..

Also if they raise min wage do you think people will hire more? No.. As seen on the railroad when you have to many workers and not enough work, they get mad efficient and start making more train cars for trains and less workers..

ya think about that for a while.
edit on 4/28/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

Read your post twice...three times. Just come out and say what you want to say, please. I'm sorry, but I'm not getting your point.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Everyone is missing the bigger picture.

If we all made a comfortable wage then we wouldn't have to worry about things such as paying the bills or feeding our children.

So without the constant battle of surviving on a meagre wage where would our now unburdened focus turn?

It's not about keeping us poor, it's about keeping us occupied.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded
And I forgot to add..
Think of all the people making say 14.40 an hr..(my wife for example) You think if min wage was 15 an hr she would get a compensated raise for that? I think not..

Also if they raise min wage do you think people will hire more? No.. As seen on the railroad when you have to many workers and not enough work, they get mad efficient and start making more train cars for trains and less workers..

ya think about that for a while.

What railroad are you talking about? BNSF is hiring like mad.
If anyone needs a job in their area or feels like relocating head to the website.
I'm not advertising or endorsing. Something brought to my attention is all.

edit on 28-4-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

SMH.

Its an election year, so I guess we need MORE class and race warfare.

This doesnt prevent an employer from paying someone above minimum wage, it just means that they cant be forced to increase pay based on the federal minimum wage.

Again, government WONT address the real issue: the fact that because of THEIR borrowing, spending and increasing (or inflating of the money supply ie inflation), they continually devalue the dollar.

Ron Paul has said this a baziilion times. He calls it the hidden tax on the middle class and the poor. Its called inflation. Its the reason why our middle class is quickly becoming the lower class. And why the poor are getting poorer.

So instead of politicians getting their spending under control or taking on the Rothschilds' Federal Reserve, they simply throw the responsibility on the shoulders of the small business. Small businesses account for most of America's jobs.

Do people realize that the average hourly wage in the US in $24/hour? Hows that possible when the federal minimum wage is only $7.50?

Hows it that ANYONE makes above $7.50 an hour? Everyone except CEOs should be making $7.50 an hour, right?

Employment and pay is based on skills. Not everyone's job deserves a high income.

But what about a "livable wage"? Bankrupting small businesses is not the way to provide a "livable wage". The way to help people is to stop-devaluing-the-dollar. So we can buy MORE with LESS money.

This is something they (with the exception of Ron Paul) will never ever ever do, because it requires REAL change and it requires an overhaul of our banking/monetary/central bankster system.

As far as CEOs, they run for-profit companies.

While I agree that their salaries are very high, thats an issue that the shareholders need to address. They should call a vote and set a ceiling or cap. Why they dont is beyond me, maybe they dont know?

edit on 28-4-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Do people realize that the average hourly wage in the US in $24/hour? Hows that possible when the federal minimum wage is only $7.50?

$24/hour?? Holy Cow!!! If only. I hold an advanced degree in Behavioral Health, and have never, ever made more than $12/hour....even when I got out of non-profit and went into the corruptorate world, I only got $12.36/hour.

AVERAGE? Yeah, right.
Sources, please.
If you're talking about two people earning $12/hour, then maybe. Still under $50k/year. Not enough for 'the American dream'. But we are talking about $240 BILLION in corporate welfare to the 4 million people who earn minimum wage (or a few pennies over).

Also, I said I wasn't talking about small mom/pop shops. I'm talking about megacorporations that are above all laws and simply slapped with the equivalent of a $5 fine for their egregious abuse of consumers.

Sorry, but I don't see your point.
edit on 4/28/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Again, government WONT address the real issue: the fact that because of THEIR borrowing, spending and increasing (or inflating of the money supply ie inflation), they continually devalue the dollar.

Ron Paul has said this a baziilion times. He calls it the hidden tax on the middle class and the poor. Its called inflation. Its the reason why our middle class is quickly becoming the lower class. And why the poor are getting poorer.

Government needs to stop subsidizing bad buisness models, it really could be that simple.

Banks need to fail, Airlines, Car manufacturers.

Walmart, McDonald.

Stop corporate welfare in the first place so we don't end up in this mess.

When we Subsidize part time labor practices with welfare for them, we create a system where it is OKAY to underpay.

While we give them tax breaks defacto by allowing trade jobs to be done overseas, with out proper Tariff and taxes.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

I wish I could give you a formal applause for that.
It seems to be so clear to me. But, I know, there are some who don't see it.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What never fails to astonish me is that the conservative right whines about the poor receiving min. wage or food stamps but never a peep about our tax dollars going to oil companies in the form of subsidies or other corporate welfare.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
$24/hour?? Holy Cow!!! If only.

AVERAGE? Yeah, right.
Sources, please.

Total private: www.bls.gov...

I hold an advanced degree in Behavioral Health, and have never, ever made more than $12/hour....even when I got out of non-profit and went into the corruptorate world, I only got $12.36/hour.

Sorry, but I don't see your point.

No?

How is it that you were able to make above minimum wage?

edit on 28-4-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: benrl

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Government needs to stop subsidizing bad buisness models, it really could be that simple.

Banks need to fail, Airlines, Car manufacturers.

Walmart, McDonald.

Stop corporate welfare in the first place so we don't end up in this mess.

When we Subsidize part time labor practices with welfare for them, we create a system where it is OKAY to underpay.

While we give them tax breaks defacto by allowing trade jobs to be done overseas, with out proper Tariff and taxes.

Just have to testify Tent Revival style what you just said benrl because it is that awesome. You were able to succinctly describe the solution in a manner we can use.

CAN I GET AN AMEN FOR BENRL?!?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

What?

Okay, never mind. I'll continue to not get your point, and stand by mine.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

Well, yah, they should have stopped corporate welfare and bailouts a long time ago.

But we dont have a free market system, we have crony-capitalism.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Okay, now THAT, I understand.

Thanks for clarifying your stance.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It makes no sense.
A company makes a product.
They sell it for many times what they should.
The CEO and investors get filthy rich.
The people who do all the hard work get hardly nothing.

I think a product's price should be governed. Governed right. That way, we won't be paying ridiculous prices for stuff and these parasites won't be making tens of millions of profit on the backs of people who struggle. Companies should have to give their workers a % of the product if the product becomes popular.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ForestBehindTheTrees

Jack N the Box did a conference call with investors recently where the CEO flat out said prices would only have to raise less than 1 percent at stores to cover a hike in minimum wage.

Even though the CEO of Jack N the box said that, people still ignored it and continue to repeat this false notion of prices will be outrageous by giving poor workers more money. I cant understand it for the life of me. I hear people going on and on about the "welfare state" and how its destroying america, but nobody wants to pay .10 extra cent for a burger or really go after this companies that are forcing us to subsidize their poor workers existence.

Before anybody ask im not a Democrat or a Republican, Im part of a political party called the Human Beings that are for the betterment of everybody as a whole not a select few. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yep. It's the 'stockholders' that rule. Screw the peons...if they don't like it, we'll just find some other desperate people to make sure our DIVIDENDS don't decrease by .0001%.

Thanks for your post.

ETA: I'm also a member of the Human Beings party. Glad to meet you.

edit on 4/28/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

$24/hour?? Holy Cow!!! If only. I hold an advanced degree in Behavioral Health, and have never, ever made more than $12/hour....even when I got out of non-profit and went into the corruptorate world, I only got $12.36/hour.

Sounds like you made a poor decision on employment, if you wanted to make money.

This whole idea you pitch is based on envy and jealousy.

I fail to see where anyone here, has a say in what CEOs make in terms of compensation for their job.

People are paid what their skill is worth. If their skill is worth $8 an hour, then they should be paid accordingly.
If their skills are worth $10 gazillion a year, then they get it.

If a company is willing to pay that, it is their business to do so.

I do love people here railing on what CEOs make. Funny as I get to spend time with CTOs, CIOs and some CFOs. All are paid what they are worth. All have worked their way up to the position they are in.

Very simple. If you want to make $1m a year, why not stop pissing and moaning and go do it.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
What never fails to astonish me is that the conservative right whines about the poor receiving min. wage or food stamps but never a peep about our tax dollars going to oil companies in the form of subsidies or other corporate welfare.

First off, there are many Conservatives here that are against Corp welfare and state is as well.

Secondly, those evil companies are using the same structure setup for ALL companies.

Third, and what about Not For Profits? They seem to be okay not paying taxes?

All of this could be solved with a flat tax. No right offs, no credits, nothing. EVERYONE pays the same percentage on income.

Eliminate the IRS, free up millions of tax dollars by doing this.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Sounds like you made a poor decision on employment, if you wanted to make money.

This whole idea you pitch is based on envy and jealousy.

I fail to see where anyone here, has a say in what CEOs make in terms of compensation for their job.

People are paid what their skill is worth. If their skill is worth $8 an hour, then they should be paid accordingly.
If their skills are worth $10 gazillion a year, then they get it.

If a company is willing to pay that, it is their business to do so.

I do love people here railing on what CEOs make. Funny as I get to spend time with CTOs, CIOs and some CFOs. All are paid what they are worth. All have worked their way up to the position they are in.

Very simple. If you want to make $1m a year, why not stop pissing and moaning and go do it.

Let them eat Cake...

Thats a dangerous attitude my friend.

WE are regressing to Industrial Revolution level of wage inequality, All the gains that american middle class and manual labor made during the past 100 years are dissolving at the hands of that very attitude.

History repeats, and it would do all well to remember such things.

I fail to also see how corporate welfare is anything other than a TAX with out representation btw.

ETA:

Those CFO, CEO, CTO etc, just a different name for royalty screwing the surfs.
edit on 28-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join