It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Matty Beckerman, I'm the Director of ALIEN ABDUCTION - I've seen The Brown Mountain Lights

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD

originally posted by: Spiro

a reply to: MattyBeckerman
I'm looking forward to seeing your movie this summer.

Its available now to watch on demand. The link is in the OP

Cheers
Ignorant me has no clue what on demand means. I rent movies if I really want to watch them. I have not been to a theater in over 5years. No Netflix or what ever.

Once more, what the heck is on Demand? If its cable or something, I'm not interested. Thanks though Spiro

Bless

Well Im the same as you with regards to theater etc but I am currently downloading Itunes to be able to download the movie in question. If you click the link in the OP, and want to follow the same route as me its quite simple. Though, I'm not sure how much it is to watch yet

Cheers
edit on 28-4-2014 by Spiro because: someone pinched my dictionary

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I read in a recent interview of yours that you spoke of the "Road to Nowhere"

Blue Ridge parkway I always viewed it as a big trap. Almost like an animal trap where you block one side of an area off, you get the animal to go into it, then you block the other side off. That’s what these aliens were doing, they were blocking one side off of the tunnel to trap people. And the set was incredible, it was already there. That tunnel exists in Bryson City, its called the road to nowhere.

Source: www.geekosystem.com...

Very interesting. I have never heard of aliens trapping people in a tunnel etc.

Could you provide more infomation as to the location of this tunnel (GPS points, grid coords, County of local)?

Thank you and good luck with you work/movie etc.

edit on 4/28/2014 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Hey Matty.. Welcome to ATS!!!

I saw your fillum a couple of weeks ago.. I really enjoyed it! Movies of this nature often really annoy me. This one, not at all. Cool cast and some decent scares. Katherine Sigismund is sooooooo fine! Pass on my congrats to her please
The girl who plays her daughter very good too.

So, what's your next project going to be? Similar subject matter? Maybe an actual docco on the BM lights?

Enjoy your stay bud!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

I believe The Brown Mountain Lights are bigger than Roswell, bigger than Area 51, because you can actually go there and see the lights yourself, as have thousands of people for hundreds of years.

Hi, Welcome...

If the lights can be seen in one place does that not seem more natural effects of some kind. If it were UFO related, why would they reveal their movement there and not have other similar places that always show a presence?

How much research has gone into determining any reason for a natural effect?

The lights have been studied 3 separate times (that we know of) by the US government. The official position is that the lights are Unexplained. Many scientist and researchers are consistently heading to Brown Mountain to study it and coming up empty. They have tried to say it's swamp gas, but there is not swamp in the area. They have tried to say it's ball lightning, but ball lightning doesn't chase people down a highway or maneuver around objects like tree's.

Joshua P Warren took a crew of National Geographic there and did an in depth study. you can watch pieces of it here.
youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Glad to meet you. Welcome to the site. Could the brown mountain lites be some form of structured energy life? What exactly do you think they are?

I believe there is a lot out there that science has not even touched yet, complex life forms beyond our comprehension.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I'm looking forward to seeing your movie this summer.

My question, is this movie going to embellish the real story like the director did in Fire in the Sky?

How true will you keep the story line and leave the entertainment at the door, and keep to the truth for the viewers.

No insult intended, just want a factual story of the brown mountain lights. Again, excited to see it!

Thanks for your question.
I like to think we captured things as accurately as possible. I feel a real obligation to the people of the area, my grandparents and family have lived up there since the 1970s and a prominent members of the community.
The movie is based on real stories up in the Brown Mountain area. The opening of the film has a documentary interviewing local people about their experiences.

That being said, it is a movie, and a fictional account of real stories.

It's available to watch now.
www.alienabductionfilm.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I can't help but go off the beaten path, and wonder. If they are part of an ancient warning system, left in place by a higher civilization, to warn off intruders. Almost a programed robotic type warning system, triggered by something we aren't aware of yet.

Set in place well before we, as a species, advanced in civilization and technology.

Very interesting, and welcome to ATS Matty.

Des

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Hi. Has anyone reported seeing any 'aliens' after being abducted and if so, what was their description of them ?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Hey Matty, welcome aboard! As i have many questions i will only ask the one that mainly all us believers are always wondering about... Are you aware of any info at all regarding govt or Vatican disclosure for these and all alien/ufo phenomena?

I firmly believe they have been here for a while and continue their presence here for multiple of reasons, please share any input on this subject. Thanks in advance and continue the great work!! I am always here if i can help

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

Hi Matty,

Are you familiar with the Marfa Lights in Texas? I've seen them and they look similar to the Brown Mountain Lights, enough to call it the same phenomenon. They even made a designated viewing area because it is a popular tourist attraction.

When we saw them, we had night vision goggles and a heat sensor. We found that some of the lights were not visible with the naked eye, but you could pick up their presence with the heat sensor, and then view them through the night vision goggles.

I wish I would've filmed it, but I was not prepared to do so. There are some videos on youtube.

Can't wait to see your work!

Hi Raedar,
Thanks so much for your question.

I'm very familiar with the Marfa lights although I haven't seen it. Just like the Marfa lights The Brown Mountain Lights have posted viewing area's on the sides of 2 major highways in NC. One off of highway 181 just outside the town of Morganton another on the Blue Ridge Parkway close to Grandfather Mountain and an area that you hike to in the Pisgah national forest called Wisemans Overlook.

These lights occur all around the world. Min Min in Australia, Hessdalen in Norway, and many many more all of them remain unexplained. There seem to be many places around the planet that have a high occurrence of these orb based phenomenon.

Best
Matty

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
Hello and welcome to ATS. I have a tendency to believe that many of the experiences people have that are attributed to aliens,are truly the government using fear to manipulate us. It seems since the 1950's that the technology described in these experiences,as attributed to aliens,matches our own earthly advances. My question is,how can you convince me that it is not the government or any secret division of,that is not behind what you experienced or others described? I thank you in advance.

Thank you for your question.

It may very well be that the government is behind abductions. I think the quote is "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist"

I wouldn't rule anything out and the military have definitely been involved in Brown Mountain and that area for some time.

Best
Matty

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

... She had witnessed the lights with a large group of people one night. When she went home she was physically lifted up against the ceiling of her home. The next thing she knows is that she's in bed fully dressed and her husband jumps up next to her and says "I had the strangest nightmare, I was sucked up against the ceiling of the house" after the realization that they both had the same "dream" their daughter comes running into the room saying where have both of you been for the past day and a half, we've been looking everywhere.

They have no recollection of what happened during that period of lost time.

Are there official police records to show the daughter called the authorities on this case?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MattyBeckerman

Welcome friend, and just a quick one to say thank you very much for coming here and sharing your insight into your experiences

I only have one question at the moment,

The lights you saw and made a film about, are you 100% sure they were alien in nature and if so, why? What brought you to that conclusion. Your film, is it based on 100% fact and have you used your own footage of what you say in the film?

Kindest regards,

S

Thank you so much for your welcoming words Spiro

I'm not 100% sure The Brown Mountain Lights are alien in nature, but the amount of abductions associated with the lights have made it compelling to connect it together.

Thank you kind sir

Enjoy the rest of your time here. I will follow with great interest.

I cant wait to see the movie!!!!

I would ask more questions but we are limited....which is understandable

Thank you for breaking me in Spiro.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Hello,

The Brown Mountain lights seem very similar to the Hessdalen Phenomena of Norway which have been the subject of scientific monitoring for several decades.

Yet in Hessdalen, no one is claiming to be abducted by the lights.

1. Has there been any success in getting long term scientific monitoring of the Brown Mountain Lights set up?

2. To what do you attribute the difference in how the Hessdalen lights are treated (as a subject of scientific study devoid of mysticism and paranormal activity) to how the Brown Mountain Lights are treated (as UFOs, aliens, abductors, ghosts, etc)? Is it simply a difference in the education level of the two areas?

edit on 28-4-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I just watched the trailer and the film doesn't exactly seem like one documenting real events and testimonies. It seems more similar to simply a movie using a topic such as the one discussed mainly from all the aliens everywhere and violence. Is this just entertainment or is there actual information in the movie that would inform one of the current situation in NC? It seems too past the simple subject of NC lights and the UFO phenomenon and rather aliens coming down and attacking a family and how they turn out. It seems more like entertainment rather than informative. What I'm saying is this seems like, and i hope it doesn't turn out to be, just a movie for the majority to point at and say how unbelievable anything related to this is and its just a crazy movie. (which it seems to be)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
By the way, I'm not saying that it doesn't have any real events and testimonies integrated, but it just seems more like entertainment rather than something someone would think of watching and actually learning or taking anything away from.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
From Blue Ridge Outdoors:
One factor is the amount of activity in the magnetosphere, the magnetic field that surrounds earth. Like the northern lights, the Brown Mountain Lights are the product of something that is cosmically oriented. “Brown Mountain is one of those spots that conducts a lot of energy. Because of that, sometimes we get to see these remarkable little anomalies that illustrate just how strange and powerful our universe really is.”

In essence, the mountain might be acting as a large conductor of electricity. When the lights appear, they are accompanied by electromagnetic interference.

He wasn’t the first to come to this discovery. In the 1970s, a research group comprised of scientists from the Oak Ridge Laboratory studied the lights and came to the same conclusion: “It appears the mountain is able to store up small electrical charges up to a critical point when they then discharge. The end result is a natural phenomenon that produces an effect very similar to ball lightning.”

Thank you so much for your post.
Yes, I've heard these theories. Every Scientist seems to have a different explanation depending on what field of expertise they study. I listen to all of them with an open mind.

The thing that moved me in the paranormal direction are the accounts up close and personal with people where the lights move with an intelligence, around objects. It's one thing seeing them across a gorge and another to see them 10 feet away in a parking lot and then have them chase you down the highway.

Best
Matty

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Why do people say "we can't keep thinking were alone in the universe", I've yet to meet someone that thinks that... But visitation is a whole other ball game, it is possible for sure but a lot less likely I would say. I have strong doubts about us being visited, though there are a few compelling cases like the one in australia with the school kids etc...

I've never actually heard of these lights but my first thought is if they're so regular has no-one gone there with a powerful zoom? I'll look into it anyway.

I don't really have a question other than in your mind what does it for you? What makes you convinced they have been here?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS Matty! I was very excited to open up ATS today and see the AMA!

Your movie is right up my alley! While I won't be able to watch it until it comes to Netflix (money restraints and Netflix replaces the much more expensive cable bill) I can't wait - even though it's likely a year or so down the road to see it after it's released.

My question echo's KantzVelt's in that - isn't it more likely that this phenomenon may be connected to the inter-dimensional and more akin to fairies (still alien to us) - rather than aliens from outer space? Particularly considering the long standing time these lights have been seen in this specific area?

As a side note - it would be interesting for scientist to maybe go in there and look at the genomes in the DNA of those people and their children whom experienced abduction. I'd like to know if they are manipulating our genetics in any specific way.

Thank you for taking time to come to ATS and answer our question!

CirqueDeTruth

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
Welcome Matty. This is the first of hearing about this movie and the Lights in that area. From the trailer it looks fantastic so I will be watching this movie in the near future.

They say that with a lot of people that UFO sightings have happened to them since an early age. Is this the first time you can recall seeing "Lights" and have you see anymore since in other areas?

Side note: If you ever need a red head for a movie just let me know

Thank you so much for your question.
Brown Mountain was the first time I had ever seen lights in the sky like that. Actually since making this film I have seen orbs on 3 separate occasions. I took pictures of them 2 times in California and continue to look up in case they decide they are tired of my movie exposing the truth and want to take me.

Matty

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join