It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you happy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Are you happy?

We've got;
Drones
Bad government
Bad economy
Bad environment
Nirbubu
Clones
Diseases
Aliens
Bad oysters
Annoying posters with crying bunny avatars

But are you happy?

I am.

Yeah, life sucks sometimes. Our world is in a "world" of hurt.

But hasn't it always been that way?

My cat pee'd on me last night.

Should that have upset me?

It didn't. Life happens.

I woke up this morning. I get another chance at life! YAY!

The sun will come out of the clouds today, and if it doesn't; I'll just admire the clouds.

Passing along some happy vibes on a Monday.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
An old blessing:

"I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.

I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.

I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.

I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.

I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.

I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.

I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye."

I'm happy
I have enough.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
One thing I learned a long time ago is that someone else ALWAYS has it worse than you regardless of how bad it might be to be you at any given moment. Realizing that has made me also realize how often I sound petty when complaining about this or that.

I agree with your line of thinking. Waking up in the morning to another day is always a good reason to be happy. Everything around us might go to Shiite from time to time and it may feel like it happens more often that not on occasion, but focusing on that fact alone will bring nothing but misery.

We all have to learn how to be happy and appreciate what we do have instead of always being unhappy because we don't have more. It's harder to do some days of course.

Yes. I am happy.

And long winded.... But I digress.
edit on 4/28/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
You have to learn to appreciate the little things to be happy. I've got healthy grandsons. Healthy sons, healthy hubby, healthy pets.

And FINALLY, I have saved enough money for the complete remodeling of my bathroom.
See how easy I am? Being able to have a tub I can relax and soak in? Better than anything else my hubby could give me.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
thank you, now i know on top of all that money Magic Johnson is happy too

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well first off, the $%?&?%$ snow has finally just melted! Bout time too! Need I say more? As Queen of the winter wussies I can declare that I am indeed very happy to be in my favourite season. Love, love, love, lovin' it!!! Great song, Beeze.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I can't be. It's not physically possible anymore. The sjogrens effects the brain and the moods. Mine nails me with some really depressive moods. What I am though is grateful. Grateful because it could be worse. The country could be worse off and I personally could be worse off.

I know that's not the kind of answer you were looking for, but that's what came to mind so I posted it.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

S'okay ma'am.

I'll just be happy for the both of us until said time that you can be happy again.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I'm happy in some way and unhappy in others.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I'm happy, most of the time. If I'm in a bad mood or what not I'll paste a smile on my face and that seems to help. Mind over matter

There's a million trillion reasons to get mad and be upset but I choose not to sweat the small stuff. Life could always be way worse. I've got food in my belly, a family that I love and that loves me, two beautiful kitty cats, a job....

Happy vibes right back at cha, Beezer!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm too blessed to be stressed

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
With my personal life I am more or less happy. Yes, things in the world at large more or less suck, but me an mine are surviving. We are healthy and whole and still, by the grace of God, employed which is one big battle to stay on the winning side of right there. Yes, I am still stuck in a car that will not go in reverse until we finalize arrangements to replace it ... but, knock on wood, I can go to and from work without having to ever go in reverse.

I have a wonderful husband who is a wonderful father. I have a healthy, intelligent son who is also wonderful.

Every day we wake up is another day we are given to enjoy what we have been blessed with.

We made some killer homemade Thai-style spring rolls last night. We'll do slow-cooker chipotle pork tomorrow.

Things could be better, but they could always be better. Right now, life is relatively good, and I am happy.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I've got a cooler full with beer, a freezer filled with bacon, and a fridge filled with cheese.

The snow is melting, spring has sprung, and the grass has riz... no more wondering where the birdies iz.

Life just doesn't get any better than that !

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I haven't read all the replies yet, but I can say I am happy about my son.
I can say that he seems to be doing well even with all the stuff we as a family have been through.
He is probably the only thing in my life that I haven't screwed up.
I am very proud of him and he is why I get up every morning and why I haven't given up .

6ft.4 jolly giant that makes me laugh and inspires me. AP/Honors classes, lots of clubs and friends and doesn;t give up even though he has limitations and has been through some serious stuff this past year.

I am proud of him and he makes me smile.

I am happy about that.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
I've got a cooler full with beer, a freezer filled with bacon, and a fridge filled with cheese.

The snow is melting, spring has sprung, and the grass has riz... no more wondering where the birdies iz.

Life just doesn't get any better than that !

I'm coming to your place...[mouth watering, wide eyed

Everybody forgets the cheese....you remembered the cheese!!
edit on 28-4-2014 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join