It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fetuses May Get 'Stand Your Ground' Rights

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
After I read the bill in the link I came to the conclusion that the bill will not pass, the reason is that once in law it will include anybody that feel that a fetus will be in danger, meaning that if a pregnant women wants an abortion, somebody else can claim that they are saving the fetus from harm and that will be including to take the rights of the pregnant women for her fetus safety by force if needed.

People may use deadly force to protect themselves and others against the threat of "imminent peril of death or great bodily injury" under the state's current law. from the source

It is stupid as it expand to any kind of birth issues from birth control to lab works.

Because the ramifications can be expanded incredibly this bill either dies or will be challenged in the supreme court if passed.

I have to say the religious rights behind this bill are really trying to grasp for anything to finally get a bill that will ban abortions and anything that will interfere with the developing of a fertilized egg as in birth control of any kind.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I think it wont pass .

But I see where it is aimed at. I know many have read articles where various assailants over the years were hitting or kicking a pregnant woman's abdomen trying to induce a miscarriage . I have read of pimps using violence if the working girl want to keep a pregnancy forcibly causing miscarriage or forcibly taking her to an abortionist .

If SC does not allow deadly force to be utilized to save a victim of a violent act other than your self this may be the basis for the bill. Assault does not warrant deadly force but with a pregnant woman a simple assault could cause the death of the fetus . In many states you have to be fearful of your life to be taken to use deadly force. If she knows assailant or assailants are not trying to kill her just cause a miscarriage she could be excluded from self defense remedies which could use deadly force. In the case of forcibly taking woman to an abortionist any deadly resistant force to prevent it from happening would be ruled out since there is no threat to her life .

Basically it gives women a way to protect her child even with deadly force should she plan to keep it.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
www.ehow.com...

Self defense laws in South Carolina are common law, meaning they were written by judges, not enacted by the legislature. There is no code of law for self defense in South Carolina, but it is a viable defense in the state.

This leaves a lot of discretion.

After reading a bit on SC law this bill must be trying to patch a loophole in existing law. Like the Castle doctrine if she cohabited with the aggressor or the fear for her life . If held constitutional a law by legislature has more weight than bench made law.
edit on 28-4-2014 by Lostinthedarkness because: wrong wording

new topics

<< 1   >>

join