It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women Of ATS, Do You Feel Respected Here?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

originally posted by: jacygirl
a reply to: U4ea82

As for respect here? Yes, actually...I do feel much respect from many members. More so than in real life, honestly. I'm a feminine female, tall and slim with long blonde hair. People look at me and assume I'm dumb.
At least here members pay attention to what I have to say, and I like that very much.

jacygirl

Well, I respect you tons my dear.

Now... when you have finished posting go and cook my dinner and then iron my shirts please...

*coughs*

On a more serious note, we all should have the same attention and respect for each other regardless of whether we are a male or female.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Rodinus, your respect means a LOT to me, thank you!
That's why I have cooked your shirts and ironed your dinner!

Smells a little funky in here right now, but I'm pleased with the outcome!
jacy

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I get death threats on occasion.

I SAID I was sorry, Beezzer. You don't need to keep bringing it up. I won't do it again. Let by-gones be by-gones and stuff, okay?

Besides, the Mods already threatened me.

edit on 1u22America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I've never seen any disrespect towards women here, other than a few friendly jokes.
I take what anyone says here with the same weight. Being male or female doesn't play into it and I think a lot of other members are like that too.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
a reply to: beezzer

I SAID I was sorry, Beezzer. You don't need to keep bringing it up. I won't do it again. Let by-gones be by-gones and stuff, okay?

Besides, the Mods already threatened me.

That's fine. I just never knew you were a gang member. I didn't know what that hand gesture meant!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Aside from some of the crybaby misogynistic whining that goes on here once in a while, can't say that I recall ever being mistreated and/or disrespected specifically because of my gender.

From what I can see, most members on ATS have a tendency to respond to others in tandem with the merits of their posts... rather than what they've got between their legs.

... Now if you guys don't mind, I need to get back to typing up all my dirty little U2U's I'm spamming to transvestite fuzzy bunnies, cats with painted faces, hairy apes in superhero spandex, comic book villians, and the like.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I've haven't encountered any disrespect due to being a female ln ATS.
However, I have seen a few questionable threads that seem anti-female or "know your role" oriented, but nothing has impacted me directly.
I would have to say most active and participating ATS'ers judge by the content of someone's post, not based on gender.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I like my avatar a lot, so I'm keeping it. But I didn't fully realize until after I created my avatar that people were going to automatically assume I am a man. I am very much a woman. On several occasions I have been referred to as a man or addressed as a man. I normally correct other members about my gender in those instances.

This is an interesting topic, OP. I, myself, assume everyone here who doesn't have a female avatar is a man and all those with female avatars are women. It is strange how we automatically sort people by gender, even when we claim gender doesn't matter or influence our opinions.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthLover557

i absolutely will be far more caustic towards men than women. It is an artifact of chivalry, I think.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

i absolutely will be far more caustic towards men than women. It is an artifact of chivalry, I think.

Should I change my avatar or do you think the lack of chivalry I'm getting is only making me tougher?

P.S. Congrats on becoming a moderator.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthLover557

Be true to yourself.
If you don't feel the world needs to interact with you based on your gender, then by God be that person.

I like hardasses. They make me proud to be human. If that matters to you at all.

And thank you.

ETA: if you decide to change your avy, however....boy do I know the people for you.
Click my signature.
edit on 4/28/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'm the one on the Right and the one on the left is mr. g.
He pissed me off once, I shot him, then we got married later.
Just saying,,, Give Me A Little R--E--S--P--E--C--T That's What You'll Give To ME.

Every body at ATS is Just Great!
You're like Family.
edit on 28-4-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I've been treated fairly for the most part, minus for a few things and berating comments towards women overall. As the interweb changes, conspiracy and or Alt media forums, ATS as well and even in the gaming world but less so unless RP, there's more and more women now(ATS poll shows about 40 percent of so some years back), it's becoming generally accepted in a male dominated avenue to a point. ATS has been the most friendly out of the other places.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Cool, so....can we borrow your car?

I came to ATS for the civility requirements. I like the conversations you can have outside the political forums.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Sure you fill it, wash it and it your's for the day.
If it's my car of-course, it's use to a Crazy Little Chinese Driver, I don't know how it'll act with a real driver behind the wheel

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

well, it won't start with me. LOL, so don't worry.

In a small town you can miss a stop sign and usually no one even notices. If anyone is even around.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I did way in the past get several threatening u2u's. I turned it over to Springer, member gone.

I love being able to carry on, sometimes emotional conversations, with both the males and females of ATS. I've only felt disrespected for my gender by one poster in one thread. I chose my avatar to not reflect a real life woman, to keep it from being viewed as I was looking for something. The few times I did get unwanted attention, letting the person know I'm old enough to be their grandmother took care of it.

I do think the women of ATS get treated much better, than in other forums I've ventured into. In the past 3 years, I've noticed a lot more strong willed women holding their own in threads. I've made some wonderful friendships with other women here.

As a woman coming into ATS, from being painted with the conspiracy brush from the get go, I think we do have a tendency to show an aspect of our personalities, we don't have the ability to express in our real lives. It's exciting to find like minded people, and there is strong mutual respect between both genders, with the common ground we share.

I love this place, is all I'm saying

Great thread Domo!

Des

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

You know Granny... you have my entire respect...

Now, can I have my red pill please?

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I do recall having a discussion with another member about nylons though...

HOW DARE YOU! All I have to say is Teddy Ruxpin.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I do recall having a discussion with another member about nylons though...

HOW DARE YOU! All I have to say is Teddy Ruxpin.

Literally lol.

You invoked the "safe word"....
I hate the safe word.

I never, ever thought that I would get in trouble for saying Teddy Ruxpin. Ever. I had forgotten about Teddy. Thanks for the laugh this a.m. Domo

a reply to: Destinyone

I agree. I have seen other forums treat women like some form of meat with no intelligence whatsoever. I have never really seen that here. Like you said... There comes a poster every once in a while that does try the same thing but they usually don't last that long (such as your case). I also agree about your avatar choice. I think that some people choose sexy avatars then act shocked when they are hit on. I chose mine because I love the boomers of course, but it was also "genderless". I did expect to be judged more harshly because I am a woman and wanted to prevent that from the get go. Thankfully, I found out that it really doesn't matter to most folks here.

I am glad that Springer shut down your problem. It's unreal to me how some people can take things so personally when we are dealing with the sort of topics usually discussed here. Most of the topics can neither be proved or disproved yet there are those that turn almost apoplectic when challenged. We have all lost patience with folks in threads but to carry it to that extreme is beyond ludicrous IMO. And sending out unsolicited "sexy time" u2u's is also ridiculous. Some people lack even the most basic home training. I have always appreciated your posts and it's a shame when one is made to feel uncomfortable enough to have to file a complaint.
edit on 4/29/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I like hardasses. They make me proud to be human. If that matters to you at all.

And thank you.

Not looking forward to us meek inheriting the earth are we? Personally proud of humans who are not so hard.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join