It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

guy films tornado damage in Arkansas , films lady screaming for her baby and just drives off

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
warning video is a little disturbing/
A guy in Arkansas films the damage after a tornado just struck, The damage is pretty bad but the disturbing part is when he hears the screams of a woman looking for her child and just keeps driving/

You have to stop and at least try to help right?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Perhaps the guy was driving to check on the welfare of his own family. If not he should have stopped and rendered aid.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That would be about the best excuse I can think of.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I can't even imagine what those tornado victims are going through...it breaks my heart. Mother Nature can be viscous, and unpredictable. ...I can't tell why the guy in the video sped away...I'd like to think it was to get out of the way of the emergency vehicles and sirens, but....more than likely it was just to storm chase.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I do not believe that he could have done anything about it. Is he supposed to get out and help everybody that is in need of help? I am sure there was chaos all over the area. This guy is probably not an EMT, he may not know CPR even, who knows?
While yes, he COULD have stopped and offered to do whatever was needed, I do not believe he was a "bad" guy for not doing so either. Just my two cents.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I don't want to jump to conclusions but you just have to wonder if he truly heard at the time the magnitude of what she was really saying. Had I not known what the video was about and what to listen for I probably would have just heard someone just screaming which would be expected. If he did hear fully then he's the one that's got to live with himself. I for one could not just leave. It'll be interesting to if this goes anywhere though.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

he supposed to get out and help everybody that is in need of help? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

If all you are doing is filming damage then yes you get out and help anyone and everyone you can

eta.. If you are not there to help then you are just in the damm way
edit on 27-4-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I followed an F3 into the town of Fritch, Tx. In the late 90"s.

I stopped the chase and helped everyone I could.

We all did. It was however, mass confusion and panic.

I won't judge him. It's just not what I would of done.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The tornado did the destruction not this guy. Whether he wants to stop and help a screaming lady is his problem that is not what people should be focusing on. Now whether the lady wants to slap him in the face and call him an asshole when she sees him, that's on her. But other than that, this is kind of a slap in the face to everyone else who suffered the destruction of this tornado.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Maybe the guy was disabled and wouldn't have been much help. Maybe he radiod or called for help for the people. Who knows?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
some video of the tornado that did the damage

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
None of us know what's going on in his head or what the circumstances exactly were, but if you can stop and render aid in any way, then you do in that situation.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I hate screaming people,they are SUPER annoying ,they don't care my feelings,thus I don't want to help them.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I'll put in a personal experience to add something - a while ago I was driving to pick up my husband from work, I saw a car absolutely smash into a tree and get quite damaged - I had my then 2 year old in the car with me. No way was I able to stop, leave my small child in the car to help this person, all I could do was call 000 on the handsfree and alert them of what I saw, where exactly and why I could not stop. Sometimes it's not always black and white - that person filming could have had their babies in the car, or on the way to find out if their own children were safe. I really don't care for the 'gotta answer to your maker' bull that some people come up with.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: candlestick

Lol. That is all.

-on Topic-

I would not have been able to drive on. Just the other day some family of the older lady next door came to drop off a new shed to replace her rather unsafe one.

Now, It did not seem to heavy, but I would Imagine it is not light.

The thing that got me was the rudeness of him driving his truch through my yard , without asking, to do so.

I still went out and asked if they needed help.

There is no way my conscious would let me do something like that. Hopefully, for his sake, he had a good reason not too.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Wow.. The lack of humanity is repulsive. It's a shame he didn't show more detail to identify who he was to those who would recognize detail. This part of the nation may well see him treated extremely badly for that level of cold heart. I don't care who you are. If you have time to film like some sick looky-loo, you can stop and assist a woman screaming for a child in the middle of a chaotic disaster scene.

@Op

No, there is generally no requirement under law to stop and render aid. There is just human decency and the ability to look one's self in the damn mirror in the morning. I'm hope he'll be able to. I sure couldn't after pulling a stunt like that.

Maybe I'm just different after being through a couple disasters and living the reality of the mess...but I have NO sympathy or tolerance for two legged animals acting like people...like the guy filming in that video.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I did a little searching and found the original video here. It appears to have been upload and behalf of the above owner of the account. According to headline: Video from viewer Bachir B. Toure: Tornado on I-40 as it happened.

Reading through the comments on the youtube account, I did notice that a few people were defending the person taking the film, stating that he did pull over further down due to the road only being single lane. States that this is clarified on his facebook, though there are no links on to FB page to verify this.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
From what I have gathered, there is no good Samaritan laws on the books, and the person is really not required to get out and give assistance to anyone in a mass natural diseaster like that. Most experts would say that unless you have the proper training and have the necessary skills to do such, getting out of a vehicle in the middle of that is a bad idea, no matter how noble the intention. Right then, there are people who are trying to piece together what all happened, and are now in survival mode, fight or flight.

Lets just say he did stop, where was he going to park? He can not just part on the side of the rode, nor block traffic. The roads have to be cleared to allow for the emergency vehicles to get through and those who are trained to render aid. Plus what guarantee for persons safety is there or legal protection. As sad as it is, the reality is that if someone needs aid, and a good Samaritan stops to help them, and there is further injury to the person hurt, the good Samaritan can end up getting sued for trying to do the right thing.

Such is the laws, and those who implement them.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I thank god, we do rarely get these in the Uk however the largest iv seen in the uk was the one that ripped through Warwickshire Afew years back, blew off our chimney pots blew down our fence.

However acouple of years ago we had a pretty bad winter and I was outside helping salting the road as the grit lorry couldn't get to our area, I lived on a street with a steep hill, and I watched as if in slow motion a truck heading into the back of a backed up car and sandwiched the car between two lorrys I dropped my shovel and ran and pulled the woman out of the car!

When I think back to it now maybe I was stupid as I could of made her injuries worst but I suppose It was human nature to help a fellow person out!

B
edit on 11/01/2011 by BennyOj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: candlestick
I hate screaming people,they are SUPER annoying ,they don't care my feelings,thus I don't want to help them.

i hope that this was sarcasm, if not i ask one thing of you.

please to be sure to wear a name tag, a picture of your avatar, and a quote of yourself on it at all times. that way if you are ever in a situation where your in trouble or need assistance, people can see it,take your picture and move on.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join