It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FARC Sought Bush Assassination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Seen on the Guardian Website

BOGOTA, Colombia (AP) - Colombia's main rebel group asked followers to mount an assassination attempt against President Bush during his visit to Colombia last week, Defense Minister Jorge Uribe said. There was no evidence Saturday that rebels even tried to organize such an attack.

Uribe told reporters late Friday that informants said the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, known as the FARC, told followers to attack Bush during his four-hour visit in the seaside city of Cartagena last Monday, where he met with Colombian President Alvaro Uribe.

Continue reading at www.guardian.co.uk...

More bush lovers about!

[edit on 28-11-2004 by Ishes]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Personally, I hate President Bush. I wouldn't want him dead, I would just like him to resign as President, then stuff like this wouldn't happen...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
After reading the various news reports and watching the different television stations report their view on it I strongly believe that the entire thing is nothing more than disinformation and fear mongering. If the FARC had intended to do such a thing then I think a group with over 10,000 heavily armed and financed soldiers would at least be able to make a solid attempt. This news does serve one great purpose ... to draw the eyes of the people away from the Iraqi situation and the mideast.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
Personally, I hate President Bush. I wouldn't want him dead, I would just like him to resign as President, then stuff like this wouldn't happen...

You're not suggesting that this was solely because of Bush, are you?

The last U.S. president to visit Colombia was Bill Clinton, whose trip to Cartagena was marked by the seizure of bomb-making materials from a house six blocks from a building Clinton was visiting.

They do it all the time to their own, also:

The FARC has made many attempts against the life of President Alvaro Uribe, one of few conservative South American presidents with strong ties to Washington. Uribe, whose father was killed resisting kidnap by the FARC in the 1980s, narrowly survived a car bomb attack by the FARC during his 2002 presidential campaign.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

EDIT to add link

[edit on 28-11-2004 by jsobecky]

new topics

top topics

join