It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy To Discredit Christ as a Myth and to change Christianity into "do what thou wilt"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=17853326]arpgme

I find it so amusing that Christians use circular logic to defend their points. It just makes you look un-educated.
The Bible is the Word of God because God tells us it is... in the Bible.
edit on 28-4-2014 by th3dudeabides because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Help me understand something,

I have no idea how your OP is pointing to a conspiracy to discredit Christ as a myth, were you meaning to say a conspiracy to apply the title of myth to Christ?

Wouldn't any attempt to discredit Christ as a myth actually be arguing in favour of his existence.

If its one or the other, who are the conspirators?

Some people say that Christ is just mythology.

So are you saying these "some people" are conspiring together to place the title of myth on Jesus or is it just that some people say Christ is a myth?

I am not sure where or what the conspiracy is other than individuals believing Jesus was a Myth and some Christians or so called Christians using the 'Christ died for our sins' get out of jail card to try explain why they did what did and why they should be forgiven.

Edit: I misunderstood the discredit 'Christ as a myth' and had 'Christ is a myth' in my head when replying, so I get what you were saying there but do wonder who is conspiring to do such in your opinion as you haven't really indicated and are these the same people pushing the do as though wilt philosophy
edit on 28-4-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Some people say that Christ is just mythology.
There are some people who say that Jesus paid the price for our sins and now we can do whatever we want since the price has been paid and we are not forgiven. This seems to be the philosophy of "Do what thou wilt" (which is also a part of Satanic philosophy).

To 1 its a major misconception by many who could not look further into what may have been going on. Can you imagine how you would react if your offspring was attacked for trying to LOVE ALL* and share messages of peace?

It feels to 1 that the LORD JESUS CHRIST prevented a response from above/below that would of been more less mirrors of the many ignorant projections sent. In essence the LORD could of called in supports not of EA*RTH that could of prevented his attack, further that could of attacked his attackers.
But the unconditional LOVE of the LAMB shined thru and PEACE was requested from FATHER upon these immature and ignorant souls of man. This is how 1 interprets the act of dying for the sins of many. The didn't have to let any attack he but gave a pass to the ignorant immature perhaps due to the SON seeing more hidden potentials that may shine better over time after the Overseeing process ended or cycled again.
The also may have seen the outcomes and re-locationing of the ignorant and saved them...

for this 1 feels much appreciation to THE and accepts what may have been done to EA*RTH in response if he didn't ask FATHER to forgive many. 1 does not feel like its ok to sin just because its interpreted that the SON died for many ignorance's to do so and would recommend many don't take that approach that its ok to do anything because they feel the died for you just to sin. Look at it as if he seen you as a maturing species and gave time to mature instead of reset retry...

Interesting good/logical read-share arpgme

NAMASTE*******

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Cuervo
a reply to: arpgme

I just wanted to add a couple of things here.

First of all, all of your biblical quotes about forgiveness are from the New Testament and centers around Jesus. This is all very different from the sentiments of the OT god. So to say there is no pagan gods with the forgiveness of your god is a bit of a mixed statement.

This idea in one form or another floats around. The truth is the OT God as He is called was quite the forgiver and longsuffering in addition to being an ass kicker. And Jesus Himself even said some things in the same vain the "OT" guy spoke.

That sort of cements my point. If the old and new testament gods are two different gods, then the statement of "there are no pagan gods like mine" is sort of true since most pagan deities are dynamic in morality. But, if you insist that the the OT god and Jesus are one and the same, then he is very much like most pagan gods and goddesses, with a balanced sense of morality, showing anger one day and forgiveness the next. Many pre-Christian deities have very human flaws like the OT god does.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgmeTo be forgiven, you must forgive?

Well, for starters, I know as a fact that I have offended certain members on this board, and believe it or not, some certain members have offended me. I have grown quite a thick skin during my time here on these boards over the constant "differing opinions", to put it mildly.

But in stead of being open and honest about my offenses, the offended chose to be silent and just "Ignore" me. Now why is that? To be forgiven, one must ask for it, when they realize they have offended someone.

Now, Ill stay in my normal character and delve deep into this subject, and to its core. Some may find that objectionable, and offensive, so, I will ask for forgiveness ahead of time. Please, forgive me...

Was Jesus a myth? Were many of the teachings assigned to him, actually given by him, factually, and honestly? It appears the answer is no, through research, and a great deal at that. Motive? Power and money.

As Jesus might have said himself, but never did, "Fruit from a dishonest tree will bring forth nothing but dishonest fruit". Dishonesty for most is repulsive and offensive. Is present day "Christianity" a "Dishonest Tree"? Do we not live in a diluted, dishonest world?

The research suggest the real "Jesus" name was Immanuel, and that just so happens to be the same name of another individual who also went by Apollonius, who is said to have done exactly the same things, at the same time as Jesus.

The contemporary writers of that time have Apollonius well documented as a living breathing human being, where the same is not true for the Christian Jesus.

For those who might be interested in researching this subject Ill offer these two links. From there you will be directed to other links and to books on the subject.

Apollonius, Jesus and Paul: Men or Myths? by Acharya S/D.M. Murdock

The Painful Truth, Apollonius

I am not debating the message of Jesus as it is very valuable to the world. Trying to live as a true "Christian" is something that seems to be impossible in a waring world. Now, there might be a reason, based in fact, as to why this is so. The seeds of the fruit are just, but brought to us inside a dishonest fruit. How can one judge the message when it is brought to us covertly and full of hypocrisy? Who ever sent this messenger seems to be saying, live a honest and righteous life, and do not be dishonest as we have by our dishonest means of manipulating you, with a messenger who comes from somewhere you need not know about. Just have faith.

Oh, you Christians will say, Jesus came from his father, God, or from heaven. Either way is probably true to some extent. So did Apolonius. You might wonder if I believe heaven is real, and the answer would be, from my own research, a resounding yes. Heaven is Real, and really taken out of context. But they have rules you must follow, as the messengers, instructors, have taught. And that reminds me of what George Carlyn said "Its a big club, and you ain't "in" it".

As I said, the message is an asset to mankind, but the method of introduction, is dishonest, belittling, and, offensive. You mention a tenant of Satanism now being a part of the Christian mindset

There are some people who say that Jesus paid the price for our sins and now we can do whatever we want since the price has been paid and we are not forgiven. This seems to be the philosophy of "Do what thou wilt" (which is also a part of Satanic philosophy).
Yes, Satanic mindsets are present in Christianity, but so too are Luciferian doctrines.

These doctrines are present because of the method that was used to indoctrinate humanity was dishonest. And this act opened the door for the enemies of humanity to exploit this basic flaw. "You can tell lies, so can we". Your covert attempts at sending "Enlightened" beings to the surface of this planet have lead to nothing but ruin and disaster, and placed us on the verge of self destruction.

It is understood that not everyone, everywhere, follow the same "Pie'd Piper", or agree with how things may have been done in the past. There is always the changing heart, and for some may even realize, they have a heart. People can change, if treated with honesty, and truth.

I have noticed a change in the world, a positive change for the good. This in itself says something, maybe like a "Olive Branch". I wish I could speak for the world and offer one in return, but I can only speak for myself. If I have offended anyone, again, I ask to be forgiven. But in the end, the heart, no matter how big, or how small, all work the same way, both ways.........

Keeping a secret at all costs, will cost you everything, in the end. End the 10,000 year old secret of Heaven....

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BombDefined

If you were to follow the Bible to it's maximum, there is no justification for killing anyone and anything around that is just the opinion of people who want to teach something false. Murder is Murder in the Bible and it doesn't matter how it is committed. If the Bible gave good reason to kill, it would be written in there, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

What makes you think Jesus is God? I look forward to your answer.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

Personally, I don't. I'm not a Christian nor do I worship in that pantheon at all. I just like to talk about all paths so Christianity is something I like to discuss.

Objectively, the evidence of them being two separate personalities is greater than the two being one. I also entertain the idea that his whole goal was to stir doubt in the current dogma and to unite the pagan religions with the Jewish ones. On an unexpected scale, he actually accomplished this.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Trust me when I say those of us who follow the

do what thou wilt
laws do NOT like this any more than Christians do!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Your right and I agree with you. I think a lot of the God is Jesus thing is based on his virgin birth but even then a logical explanation could be put forward. What I find interesting is that no prophet throughout history (apart from Enoch I guess) has ever died, come back to life and was expected to return somewhere down the track and I cannot see how this could happen even with Jesus. Though someone may come along and walk in his footsteps and be called the closest thing to Jesus, the guy from 2000 years ago is not coming back and most certainly never proclaimed to be God with that.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme i will keep my rant short. " Religion is nothing more then a mechanizim to control the masses with fear and false faith.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
All gods are myths....not just God and Jesus of the Bible. And I don't need a god to tell me what is right and wrong and how to treat others. Some may need that to keep in line, but I certainly did not get it from a book written by some people a long time ago that have no bearing on today.

Religion as a whole is a sham.....I just love to watch religious people fighting over who's god is real and who is going to heaven or whatever they fight about. Ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
In order to discredit Christ as a myth, you have to appeal to the man-on-the-street understanding of the word myth. The problem is, that word has been so heavily abused that it takes a great deal of study to cut through the distortion. The man-on-the-street has not done that kind of study.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

What makes you believe He isn't?

Religion perhaps?

That's a HUGE clue right there.

Religion has ALWAYS hated Him:

Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.”

“You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”

Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was born, I AM!”

At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

His actions say that He WAS in fact God...

God was made manifest in the flesh. ~ 1 Timothy 3:16

ALL physical reality came into existence through Jesus...

...in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. ~ Heb. 1:2

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. ~ 1 Corinthians 8:6

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ ~ Ephesians 3:9

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. ~ Colossians 1:16-17

Jesus' Word SPOKE all physical reality into existence...

This is why in Revelation He is called the "Word of God".

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" ~ John 1:1

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Life seems like a test of sorts. We are put into a system where everything we do is a sin through the law.The test is to see how far we take it. Passing the test is learning how to get by causing the least amount of harm to everything. Just look at how we treat animals. He gave us free reighn over them and we take it to the full extent. It is sort of like saying you can do what thy will just to see what we will do or to see if we reach the point of even seeing that we have more than one choice.

It's either that or perhaps we live in a reflection of a world where we are not allowed to act on all these desires so we created a copy of everything just to let off some of that steam. Maybe this is a place where those that commit crime up there are allowed to come and suffer in a type of penal colony ran by people that have the most money and power up there.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

a reply to: randyvs

Precisely what I am for. A Christian in it's most basic sense means to follow Christ. I would love more people who claim to follow Christ to actually live out his teachings.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I just don't get Christians sometimes....it takes a, shall we say, interesting perspective to play the martyr when history is full of examples of your suppressing, usurping, undermining and flat out eradicating any religion that differs....this thread is full of so called Christians who try to bait people into things that they think are evil, in order to get them 'condemned'. I see some of the least 'godly' behavior out of some people onm this site claiming to be Christians...I just....im at a loss for words.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

Why does someone trying to get someone comdemed into a system that you think is a fairy tale bother you so much as to stalk them and spew more of your judgemental bs. If it is just a fairy tale then it is all just mental posturing that has no physical consequences. It really seems like you do believe. You make no effort to accept history and maybe ask yourself the logical question and that is what drives all this hate in your heart and is there a reason not known for the way things are other than pointing your finger at people and crying to yourself about an unfair fairytale.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Funny that you call me judgemental. Ive seen what you say about anyone and everyone that doesn't agree with your views. You are a self-proclaimed 'prophet'...need I say more?

As for why it bother me, I find the hypocritical nature of all of this offensive to any intelligent people, and I really have an issue with the way you all speak about and treat others.

As for hate, I have none. You are full of it and continue to prove so. But I hate no one. Nor would I EVER think it was perfectly acceptable to try and trick someone into being condemned into whatever hell I believed in.

But, again, you have shown your true colors time and time again. I can say one thing for certain: If the way you treat the people in this world is indicative of what your god is and how he is, then Ill gladly take a pass.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots
I'm no prophet and this is not a system you can opt out of. Your opt out only last in this life then it just gets worse and worse for you then no more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join