It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70,000 Oregon Obamacare Customers May Have to Re-Enroll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Obama.Care failure file# 49712093002861936.

This one involves the alleged 70,000 Oregon "customers" that may have to re-enroll on the Federal exchange (that's closed ?) because some of the insurance companies involved can't seem to figure out how to connect to the Federal Exchange.

The old saying applies: If you make a mistake right off the bat, thousands more will show up soon enough.

I thought all the smartest people are involved with Obama.Care ?

After blowing $250 million on its busted Obamacare website, the state of Oregon made a decision on Friday to dump its website and join the federal HealthCare.gov exchange. According to NPR, however, five of the 16 health insurance companies in Oregon lack the computer interface needed to function on the federal Obamacare website.

"So will they go to the expense of setting one up? Or will they stop doing business in Oregon? That's unclear," reports NPR.

In addition, the so-called "navigators" who were trained to enroll Oregonians on its broken Cover Oregon system must all now be retrained to sign people up on the federal Obamacare website.

Looks like Oregon got covered by a cat in his litter box.

So, do these "70,000" people have insurance or not ?

Obama !! Can you hear us NOW?

70,000 Oregon Obamacare Customers May Have to Re-Enroll

Response from the White House:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Oh its a cluster...

My brother is in limbo in this, he has no clue what to do now.

They spent the money to build a crappy state site, just to abandon it for the FED anyway.

People are upset in Oregon, heard plenty of complaining about the stupidity of it.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Obamacare is the gift that keeps on giving, or not in this case. But hey, they should save twice as much money if they sign up two times right?

I don't see how in this day people can build such bad web sites. This has got to be one for the record books:
    Worst web site (take as a group) in the history of web sites.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

After blowing $250 million on its busted Obamacare website

$250 million gone to the bye-bye

I sure hope the ones who already paid have some form of receipt/paper work for their policies, other wise they maybe charged twice--well they'll have to go through the ordeal of proving they had paid

It's going to be a nightmare for those people, one would imagine, to try and find out if they still have coverage and if not, what to do about it

Wonder if the State can sue the website maker..

edit on 27-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

Sorry about your brother. Oracle took $134 million to build the exchange and wants $78 million more to fix it.

I know the state is still considering suing Oracle for the exchange foul-ups but that doesn't help your brother who will have to start the whole process all over again if he needs the tax benefit of purchasing insurance through an exchange.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Well...guess that's 70,000 more unhappy voters. Maybe Obama can get enough prisoners out of jail, in time for them to make it up on the next elections.

He's running out of replacement voters....

Des

edit on 27-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiteNGale2

Sorry about your brother. Oracle took $134 million to build the exchange and wants $78 million more to fix it.

I know the state is still considering suing Oracle for the exchange foul-ups but that doesn't help your brother who will have to start the whole process all over again if he needs the tax benefit of purchasing insurance through an exchange.

Oregon is a state that has no sales tax,

As a result, they need to be frugal with their money, this is a disaster for the state all around.

I wonder how Oracle got the contract in the first place, probably greased the right pockets.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

well...guess that's 70,000 more unhappy voters. Maybe Obama can get enough prisoners out of jail, in time for them to make up on the next elections.

Des

Seems like almost enough people upset to Accept a Choice like another Republican.

Seems like its each parties job to Mess up enough that people will vote the other party,

The seesaw continues, and the people are duped for another election cycle.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Hopefully Providence is not one of these but i'm definitely concerned about the dental portion. The dental entity I was assigned to doesn't even have functioning phone numbers...Both of my children are still in medical limbo as well. My son is an hemophiliac so it's not very comforting at all.

Really disturbing.

P.S. Elections don't mean anything to Obama outside of party influence due to his being a borderline lame duck.
edit on 27/4/14 by WhiteAlice because: added ps

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I don't see how people can re-enrole.
According to the news, absolutely nobody has ever been able to enrole.

So, Americans are going to vote the next POTUS on how good he lies about fixing this CF.
Every four years.
For a couple of decades......

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

I disagree. Lame duck or not. He needs the support of his party, that are not looking at themselves as lame ducks. Whole lot of unhappy quacking going on from his once loyal followers, now heading into elections.

I'm so sorry to hear about the uncertainty of your dear son's health insurance. I know as a Mom, that has got to be a lot of stress you don't need.

Des

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Now you sue them for breaching a contract. ROFL

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

That's why I said "outside of party influence". His job, at this point, is to try to assure another Dem party president in the next elections.

Yeah, it's extremely stressful in regards to both of my children. The fact that one is a hemophiliac really just is ahhhhhh as any more serious injury could require hospitalization and a transfusion. Thankfully, he's a paranoid and cautious kid. lol Fearing a lack of coverage for my daughter should she break an arm or something--yeesh. Those are things that I just cannot even think about normally as they are downright panic inducing. Personally, it's pretty messed up, too, because I actually really do need to see a dentist. Years of prednisone use in the past have not been kind. I'm actually spooked out now about whether I'm going to be able to go in or not considering the dead phone numbers.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Well...guess that's 70,000 more unhappy voters. Maybe Obama can get enough prisoners out of jail, in time for them to make it up on the next elections.

Des

He has 20 million replacement voters waiting for his pen and his phone.

This guy is officially the worst President ever.

He makes Jimmy Carter look like a warmonger...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
My understanding is that Oracle wasn't on board from the beginning (they didn't create the site) but came on board in November to try to fix the mistakes... try to save a sinking ship and getting pulled down with it.

Why anyone thinks Govt. should be in charge of implementing anything is beyond me, when will people learn? Gov just needs to stick with talking things to death in committees, it's good at that...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Good argument on why the federal government should've handled the whole thing from the get-go:

So Cover Oregon's board made a choice on Friday. Instead of spending another $80 million dollars to try and fix its troubled website, it would sign up with the feds for about $5 million and be assured of a working system.

This is a failure of Oregon's own doing, nothing to do with Obamacare as a whole. Breitbart, leeching news from NPR is kinda refreshing though.

new topics

top topics

join