It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomers find new "WOW" signal!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/265655/mystery-radio-burst-picked-up-by-observatory
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

Another wow signal has been reported and confirmed. So what do y'all think it is?

Intelligent? Natural?

I personally think as time goes on and as advancements are made. IMHO This is how well find proof of intelligent life in the cosmos. I think there's a lot of logic to the theory that alien communication signals are all around us. We just arnt advanced enough to detect them. If that's true, any day now could be the day we finally find out for sure the answer to the most important question to humanity. Are we alone?
edit on Sun Apr 27 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: provided clickable link

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Ohh excellent!

I was watching a show today that says signals are confirmed by a UK radio dish too, shame its not constant

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

I wonder if this one comes also from the direction of A*, in the Sagittarius, like one of the previous one...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: starheart
a reply to: ArtemisE

I wonder if this one comes also from the direction of A*, in the Sagittarius, like one of the previous one...

This one seems to have come from the small Magellanic cloud.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Wow! Another "Wow" signal. Pun intended. Wasn't there another new wow signal just last month? I think it was posted by Jade Star.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
yeah......but what did they say????
We need a lot more than that....
I find it strange that everyone #s their pants over a fleeting radio burst....but cant figure out that we are already in contact with intelligence via the crop circle phenomenon.....duh...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Wow! Another "Wow" signal. Pun intended. Wasn't there another new wow signal just last month? I think it was posted by Jade Star.

Yep. Here it is.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It´s a freeway of radio waves up there, it could be all sorts of things..

They need a good filter, to sort out things like

radio waves from stars, black holes, pulsars and supernovae, lightning and human made stuff

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
I find it strange that everyone #s their pants over a fleeting radio burst....but cant figure out that we are already in contact with intelligence via the crop circle phenomenon.....duh...

No disrespect but most crop circles (if not all) are made by humans.

We're getting quite good at strapping wood to our feet and tromping through the fields.
edit on 27-4-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Thanks Buster

Pretend I have NO idea what a magalenanananaa cloud is........ok dont pretend lol

What is this thing and what do you think this means?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling

I would agree, I tend to think you would have to be a fairly intelligent person to come up with all those designs and implement them......

Some very intelligent people indeed!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: buster2010

Thanks Buster

Pretend I have NO idea what a magalenanananaa cloud is........ok dont pretend lol

What is this thing and what do you think this means?

Small Magellanic cloud is a galaxy in our local cluster mate
edit on 27-4-2014 by KingDoey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If this is a second signal picked up in so many weeks, could it be a fleet on patrol somewhere?
would be wild to find out, cant wait!!!

ETA: has any of our 'planet detectors' picked up any planets out there?
edit on 4/27/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
My problem with seti, is by its nature (radio) it is looking for a civilization in a very narrow band.

We humans have already begun working on Superluminal communication, things like Entanglement could foreseeable be used to communicate.

So how long of a window are we really talking about in finding a Civ, just outta the Industrial, and Mid Information age, for us 2-300 years?

So great, we find a civ, that at the time they broadcast-ed, roughly around our tech.

I am much more excited in the advancement of optical telescopes, and being able to analyze the atmospheres, as that seems to be a more sure fire way of finding something.

Than relying on a random burst from a narrow time frame.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
for sll the nay sayers out there that dont believe in other life forms and think that these WOW signals are bull.... Think about it, We have already sent out signals into outerspace to see if we'd get anything in return. How is it so hard to believe that there could be a life form like us out there doing the same thing. More advanced or the same as us, I for one believe we are not alone.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Daver2056

Agreed. I cannot understand anyone who feels for certain that they can say we are alone in the universe. We are a tiny speck of existence, highly insignificant no doubt. When you compare an individual human to the ridiculous size of the known universe, i find it pure ignorance to say we are the only example of life.
edit on 27-4-2014 by KingDoey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
There are some very learned people investigating crop circles...and till the boardfooters get microwave feet...I think theres room for such inquiry....As far as radio goes....wed maybe pick up radio someday...but it could be thousands of years old when we get it....
There is another frequency or something that any advanced communications would nessessitate...we don't yet have it...but we do have crop circles and they are authentic in many cases....

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
A second

Ok this is interesting

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I cant help but think that in random background noise there is bound to be was seems like order pooping up very rarely. The fact it was only a few milliseconds long points to a random pattern that seems ordered to me.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: benrl
My problem with seti, is by its nature (radio) it is looking for a civilization in a very narrow band.

We humans have already begun working on Superluminal communication, things like Entanglement could foreseeable be used to communicate.

So how long of a window are we really talking about in finding a Civ, just outta the Industrial, and Mid Information age, for us 2-300 years?

So great, we find a civ, that at the time they broadcast-ed, roughly around our tech.

I am much more excited in the advancement of optical telescopes, and being able to analyze the atmospheres, as that seems to be a more sure fire way of finding something.

Than relying on a random burst from a narrow time frame.

It's the most basic form of coms

What if they're more advanced but continued to use radio in order to communicate with lesser intelligence

edit on 27-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join