It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the Rich to Become Super Rich, White Males Have to be Eliminated from the Job Market

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
For the rich to become super rich, not only do white males have to be eliminated from the job market, but there has to be significant homelessness and a high unemployment rate.

You may be asking, "WHAAAATTTTT???" and you may be thinking that there has to be robust economic activity, a low unemployment rate and a strong middle class for the wealthy to accumulate more wealth.

If this is what you are thinking, then you are operating under assumptions of the past that no longer apply to the framework and climate of the current business environment.

If you had read my treatise (now 17 years old) entitled, "The Downward Wage Equalizing Effects of Equal Employment Opportunity," then you would understand how wage equalization works only in the downward direction.

The rich are becoming super rich on the labor savings that have been a direct result of the equal opportunity and equal pay laws. (If you haven't already read the treatise, it would help if you would read my prior post at www.abovetopsecret.com... in the "Rant" forum.)

Employers find it problematic to employ white males in face of the employers' objective of downwardly equalizing wages to the perceive value of the least preferred job candidate so that no worker will be paid more than his worth. Yet white males still expect to command a white male's wage.

Do you know what this means? It means that the demand curve and supply curve for white males will not intersect with the further consequence of great dysfunctionality in the job market for white males.

One response on the part of employers to this dysfunctionality is to rid the ranks of problematic white males.

Hey, I wrote in my treatise that under equal employment opportunity ALL THE JOBS WILL GO TO THE LEAST PREFERRED JOB CANDIDATES AT WAGES THAT WILL MATCH THEIR WORTH (and ultimately no one will have a job.)

You have seen the elimination of white males in a big way in the technology sector with white males who were slated for exfoliation being coerced under threat of lost termination benefits to break in and train their East Indian replacements.

White male workers have also been very much eliminated from the manufacturing sector with their jobs being offshored to foreign countries.

I have written that if the government forces the issue of pay equality, then the labor market will unleash self-correcting forces to bring price into line with value with the objective of downwardly equalizing wages right down to the perceived value of the least preferred job candidate per the concept of value of the lowest bidding employer for his least preferred job candidate.

One of the many ways to do this is to increase the supply of available workers thus putting them into a bidding war of desperation to drive down wages. Downsizing and putting the American worker into a global labor pool does this. Casting workers into the ranks of the unemployed makes them desperate and viciously competitive enough to cave into the hardline cheapness of equal opportunity employers who, as already stated, are becoming mega-rich on the labor savings of equal employment.

And by way, have you noticed, especially in the white collar professional arena, employers will never state a wage. They will ask a job applicant what his salary expectations are. IF THE QUOTING OF PRICES IS RESTRICTED TO THE SELLING SIDE OF A PROSPECTIVE TRANSACTION, THEN PRICES CAN GO IN ONLY ONE DIRECTION: DOWN!

Decades ago, prior to the equal employment opportunity laws, corporations would advertise even executive positions in large display ads in the Sunday newspaper with salary being quoted. This is a thing totally of the past.

There is a flip side to things.

The equal housing laws and equal accommodation laws have caused selling prices to go up... up to a point where the seller doesn't care about the color of the buyer just as long as the color of the buyer's money is green.

Those in the real estate racket, for example, are making out like bandits not only on downwardly equalized wages, but on rising home prices and rents.

MEANWHILE, MANY WHO ARE BEING CAST INTO THE RANKS OF THE UNEMPLOYED OR UNDEREMPLOYED ARE FALLING INTO HOMELESSNESS.

The disappearing middle class is being torn apart by lower real wages and higher selling prices for things... all the while the rich are getting richer and richer and richer on the desperation of the masses.

I once asked: if you were to rent a hotel ballroom and seat 50 billionaires on the left and 50 prominent black leaders on the right, and you made a presentation on the realities of Equal Opportunity Employment, then who would shout you down more?

It's a conspiracy, I tell you!

P.M.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
What about the ladies? Or when you say white males do you mean all white people?
Or are the ladies in the house in this scenario?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

I am tracking on most of this as I am not an expert.

However: just white males? Would not a ridiculously poor public education system make demographics moot?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
What about the ladies? Or when you say white males do you mean all white people?

I almost spit my drink on my keyboard!

Yes, in this scenario, the woman are all at home in the kitchen baking pies.

EDIT:

As to the OP. Did it ever occur to you that you've been horribly wrong for 17 years which is probably not something to brag about? Your argument seems to be entirely premised on a defense of paying white men more. Did you consider the role of the evolving job market and how automation continues to replace humans with machines?
edit on 2014-4-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I'm not sexist but, that part of our culture is already destroyed. I do miss the pies and it is a shame that children won't have those memories.

Que sera sera.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I think the point of this thread is much larger than a sexist/equality issue. But at the same time, if woman want to go out and be the earners, fine.. I'll stay home with the kids and teach them how to cook barbeques all day.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

good to know you got a chuckle out of that, and hopefully not a sticky keyboard

And I agree 100% with your assessment, this is far from a race issue or equality issue. The jobs for the white male to get paid less at are not even there anymore

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

EDIT:

As to the OP. Did it ever occur to you that you've been horribly wrong for 17 years which is probably not something to brag about? Your argument seems to be entirely premised on a defense of paying white men more. Did you consider the role of the evolving job market and how automation continues to replace humans with machines?

No, the data does support his point. Whether actual targeting in policy has occurred is debatable but, there is plenty to back this up.

Personally, I think it has been another unintended consequence rather than a conspiracy. I certainly see the effects he mentions in the professional world.

You know there is something wrong when a billion dollar company won't pay plumber wages for an enterprise software solution.

It's funny how it is acceptable to consider racism a factor only when it isn't directed against caucasians. I think you have a double standard which is inconsistent with "progressive" ideals.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
No, young white males were just next on the Oligarchy's list. EVERYONE must be hobbled, but the Oligarchy.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

It has nothing to do with who they are taking the money from, white,black, yellow. What matters is that the company is making the most money possible and spending the least.
The idea that TPTB are targeting white males specifically is crazy IMO, we are all the same color to TPTB as all colors reside within them

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Pay attention to Mom!............
were ALL in this stranglehold together!
RESIST!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with who they are taking the money from, white,black, yellow. What matters is that the company is making the most money possible and spending the least.
The idea that TPTB are targeting white males specifically is crazy IMO, we are all the same color to TPTB as all colors reside within them

I agree, the trend is evident but, the cause is unclear.

I would say that the beginning of the end was the 'professionalization' of (or the educational institutionalization thereof) software development, I think many trades suffer similar fates.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The cause is very clear, the almighty dollar and the power it brings when you have a lot of it

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

I am tracking on most of this as I am not an expert.

However: just white males? Would not a ridiculously poor public education system make demographics moot?

from the beginning of this assault on REAL Americans. The offshoring of jobs hit the jobs that white males did the hardest and early on.

The bringing in of cheap immigrant labor also DESTROYED the wages in fields that use to pay VERY WELL. Predominantly jobs that were overwhelmingly done by white males.

Construction wages PLUMMETED during the real estate circa 2004 era. Illegals were brought in and the pay for Electricians went from prevailing wage $38/hr all the way down to $18/hr in just a few years time. The same thing happened to the other trades as well. While inflation of everything we buy day to day was going on, the pay went down instead of up.

THE IMMIGRANT triple whammy.. taking jobs away from Americans, lowering the pay drastically, price inflation (meaning wages needed to go UP to accommodate lifestyle)
edit on 27-4-2014 by HanzHenry because: bb

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I wouldn't say white males, I would say high skilled employees. As far as software engineering goes, a software engineer in the western world makes about $40 to $50 an hour to develop a software application. Why would a company pay that when it finds more profit in outsourcing the same task to an Indian or Chinese company with the same software engineering skills for $4 to $5 an hour. Business ethics are different in the eastern world and the cost of living in those countries is much lower, so they can get away with charging that low of a rate.
edit on 27-4-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
When jobs are outsourced how is it that only white males are effected? I do not understand that. If I work at the Widgets of America Inc. factory and the factory moves production overseas, then not only am I displaced, but also the women and men of other races that work there with me.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
There are some valid points to your theory, such as a conspirational labour market, downsizing wages, employing those too stupid to make a fuss and instilling fear of unemployment in the population as a means of being able to treat worse / pay less / expect more from employees.

However your assumption of it referring to just white males isn't seeing the bigger picture.

In my experience, I have seen those that turned a blind eye to corruption and unquestioningly supported the often white, self aggrandising 'alpha male' boss, regardless of how unscrupulous his acts or how dysfunctional they were to their jobs and destructive to the companies performance that were kept in position or promoted, despite their obvious lack of ability for the job and or complete lack of people skills, management skills and ethics. Their ''business acumen'' was more accurately described as ''willingness to follow without question and lack of ethics''.

As a woman my experience has also included making women have to give so much more just to be a part of the work force than is expected of men. I am also ethical and make a point of not supporting unethical practice and being vocal about it when appropriate. That hasn't gone down well in the corrupt corporate system. However,the fact that a stalker who is jealous of my success, from way back in my childhood had been going around slandering me to previous employers, accusations of being Hitler in a past life and all sorts, all lies obviously, though that might have had an effect on many of my terrible experiences in certain companies.

The fact that outsourcing exists is proof of the lack of control the people have over their rights and governments should be discouraging it at least.

The same for importing workforces from overseas that will work less because compared to where they came from, it is a lot. The fact that some might do the job more efficiently, such as Polish builders compared to UK builders is probably a reflection of the UK construction industry and it's 'we run to our own agenda' style and the general 'half assed' work ethic of the UK.

Society really does need fixing, on so many levels.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I agree with your logic and wanted to add one item.
I started my career as a production planner in 1983 in SoCal industry. After two years, changed to Full Scale Development planning and made much more income at a faster rate.
A few jobs for Production Planner appear currently, but the max pay is 20% less...barely enough for a family income.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Did you consider the role of the evolving job market and how automation continues to replace humans with machines?

Actually, in my treatise, now about 17 years old, I did include the "rush to automation" as one of the self-correcting forces that will contribute to the downward equalization of wages under equal employment opportunity.

Remember, YOU CAN BE REPLACED BY A ROBOT!

This is what employers want to hold over your heads.

Moreover...

YOU CAN BE REPLACED BY AN AUTISTIC.

YOU CAN BE REPLACED BY A PERSON WITH DOWNS SYNDROME.

Please read on...

Walgreens' Hiring of the Disabled Is NOT Wonderful NOR Upstanding

There was a recent news piece about how drug store giant Walgreens employs the disabled at one of its mega distribution centers. A full FORTY percent of the workers at this site are disabled and include those with mental retardation, Downs Syndrome, autism, etc.

(See abcnews.go.com... )

Why, the human resources recruiter there has, herself, cerebral palsy. Now, may God forgive me, but this woman had it really bad. Her mouth was distorted, and so was her speech with her facial expression and body language going way off kilter and all over the map. I confess that I'd have great discomfort and difficulty dealing with her person-to-person.

TO BE SURE, WALGREENS IS NOT BEING A SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE, CHARITABLE EMPLOYER.

What they are doing is what computer giant IBM is doing when it actively targets homosexuals as prospective workers to program its computers.

THE REVEAL:

These major employers are out to DOWNWARDLY EQUALIZE WAGES.

Now, what do I mean by that?

Employers do NOT want to pay White wages to blacks. They are employing every tactic known to man to drag down what White workers would normally command in a free labor market to what black workers would command (and I mean command in the absence of even the minimum wage law).

Actually, the equalization process is even *worse* than this; I'll present a more refined statement about it below.

Come on people! What would you call it when ultra-cheap, cheap employers conduct an open-house job fair for homeless people at a soup kitchen, no less? They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for people who might be willing (or desperate enough) to work for niggardly wages. Most homeless people are unemployable due to mental conditions, but this doesn't deter employers in their relentless march - or should I say, "relentless pounding, pounding down of wages" - to downwardly equalize all workers' wages.

Today's "socially hip" employer is not "hip" at all!

Today's "socially hip" employer is not an altruistic champion of the downtrodden underdogs and underclasses.

Today's "socially hip" employer is, in truth, a dishonest, conscienceless, ruthless exploiter of homos, the disabled, the mentally defective, the blacks, and even the fatsos!

What a laugh it is when demographic groups such as the homos and dykes dance in the streets during their "pride" parades thinking that they are making social headway by being courted by and integrated into the likes of IBM.

You, homo jerks! You are being exploited. You are being played! You are being played for fools and as pawns in the downward wage equalization campaign of the ultra-phoney, ultra-fraudulent IBM!

(Footnote: IBM, not so long ago, was reported to be hiring 10,000 computer programmers IN INDIA! IN ONE YEAR!! Now, if hiring cheap, cheap Indians is not the smoking gun of downward wage equalization, I don't know what is. BTW, if you haven't discerned it by now, employers are sacrificing quality of worker for their highest priority which is cheapness of worker.)

Now for the brutal reality - my refined statement of analysis of the downward equalization of wages... under equal employment opportunity and the equal pay laws, wages will be downwardly equalized to the perceived value of the *least* preferred job candidate per the perception of value of the *lowest* bidding employer for *his* concept of least preferred job candidate... EVEN IF THE "IMAGINED" LEAST PREFERRED JOB CANDIDATE NEVER GETS EMPLOYED BY ANYBODY OR DOESN'T EVEN REALLY EXIST!!!

P.M.
edit on 27-4-2014 by theworldisnotenough because: Corrected style attribute.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This problem is starting to gain attention here in Canada. I am always skeptical of anything done by the Canadian conservatives but it is hard for me to not get behind this.

There's evidence that the government's Temporary Foreign Worker Program nudges the unemployment rate higher in some sectors of the economy and parts of the country, think-tank C.D. Howe says in a report released Thursday.

The Canadian government program allows companies here to employ non-Canadians to fill job openings that can't be filled by a Canadian worker.

CBC LINK

Right now the concentration is on the food sector but hopefully before long we will here more about the rest.

The part I am especially disturbed about is a comment from a NEWS1130 (Rogers media) reporter - without quoting anyone specific - said that temporary workers here are outraged because they rely on the program to send money HOME to their families. My attitude to that is "TOO bad" there were families HERE that could have depended on that income but instead were shut out completely.

I have no sympathy for those that abandon their own nations problems to cause more problems in other nations.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join