It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video games where age is a factor?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I've only played a few that I can think of and I would really like to try others. I mean where age is a factor is in the storyline/gameplay, not just appearance in character creation.

I've played all the Fables and Might and Magics as well and thought this morning old timey Final Fantasy (NES) had the late age of your characters in it and I remember how sweet it was when I achieved that! I've also played Zelda Ocarina Of Time and Fallout.

I'd like to see a game where your car ages as well where it collects mileage and it is not just a recording! But just those games that you could say are unique in thier genre. In my search i mean this for example Might and Magic where your agemakes you a better caster but worse fighter is the kind of content I am looking for precisely. I've played/own numerous games and I know how to mod. Mount and Blade: Warband mods is what I am currently going through.
Googled to help myself but nothing really came up after a few trie. If anyone can help me find more that'd be great!
edit on 27-4-2014 by beautyofperil because: added fallout

edit on 27-4-2014 by beautyofperil because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: beautyofperil

Hi, beautyof peril

My grandson who is an avid gamer suggests:

Halo
Elder Scrolls
Killzone
Bioshock (all 3 of them)
all of the Zelda stories
Borderlands
God of War

He says if you want a storyline where the character ages during the story to try Fallout (all 4 of them).

Hope this helps!

J

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyJae

Thanks. Just so you know I own fallout 1-4 plus brotherhood of steel and Fallout: Tactics.
edit on 27-4-2014 by beautyofperil because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Zelda: A link to the past
Final fantast 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10,12

Secret of mana (or any of the mana series)
Final fantasy crystal chronicles
Chrono trigger, chrono cross (chrono trigger has like 12 endings)
Thousand arms
Wild Arms 1-4

If you're emulating all these you should find them no problem.

Tales of symphonia
Tales of vesperia
Final fantasy tactics 1 & 2
Jade cocoon 1&2
Legend of dragoon
Silver star story: Complete
Xenogears
Xenosaga
Breath of fire series

And i could go on probably, these are for various consoles. you can emulate them easily on a pc.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AzureSky

Nice list, thanks! I think you might only be missing Uncharted Waters 1 & 2 from that list.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: beautyofperil
a reply to: AzureSky

Nice list, thanks! I think you might only be missing Uncharted Waters 1 & 2 from that list.

All great games
Tomb raider series too if you're into that. the newest one is great.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Sid Meier's Pirates! It's a pirate RPG game. Do what ever you want, live the pirate life! Your character slowly ages over time causing their appearance to change. This also effects how healthy they are and such.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
X-Man (Atari 2600)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: beautyofperil
I sadly cant recommend any games...there use to be an old dos game I think called Twilight 2000 that was soooo good...was kind of like jagged alliance but you simulated their past quickly to make them the way they were in current time...so age was a big deal.

I think gaming today seems to be all about big graphics and little substance. Or they release it early and hope you stick around long enough for them to fix it.

It is details like this in games that has always intrigued me much more than graphics. All the games you have mentioned I have played and are excellent...just reinstalled warband myself!

new topics

top topics

join