It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Popes together to Canonize 2 Popes. Hmm?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
You know there were some priests who did abuse children but to hear people on this site it's like the whole church was rife with it. It's just not true. Why is it the first thing that comes to mind and why are some of you absolutely obsessed with the idea? It's rather sick in its own right the way some people's thoughts are so centered on sexual abuse.

Some might think it odd for people to not be more upset, as we are speaking of men who are teaching others about Jesus, about right and wrong on a moral plain. Rife...yes I think that word does fit the situation.

So it is sick to worry and care about children being abused? This coming from a Christian I presume.

The sick parts did not get plucked out and that in itself tells a lot. When the blind lead the blind...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

Geez, do you just have some pressing need to be contrary to everything a Christian says?

Nope. Just the Vatican, which is rotten to its core, and its self aggrandizing, hypocritical leaders. Nothing that they do or put out should be accepted without scrutiny and criticism.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
Is there any significance to the above for references anywhere that matters?

No. It's the first time that there are actually two legitimate live popes. One isn't in power and one is. Pope Benedict was invited because he was close friends with Pope John Paul II and because it was polite. The 'pope show' is all St. Francis. He's 'it'. And the well placed folks I know in the Church all say that Benedict isn't in good health ... nearly blind in one eye ... forgetful .. falling down as older folks do ... etc. He has no power.

The thing about the canonization of PJPII and Pope John 23 ... the are kind of opposites. John 23 was progressive. PJPII was rather conservative. By canonizing them together, Pope Francis was not giving a nod in the church to either side but instead was saying that the progressives and the conservatives can unite. It was a unifying thing.

That being said ... the first thing I said to my husband was that canonizing two very recent leaders ... and skipping the mandatory '2nd miracle' .... that is something that reminds me of actors giving each other Oscars ... reward your own. But at the same time, I can see the purpose of the dual canonization and taking one from both sides of the political table. It's unifying and that's what Pope Francis is all about. So there is a purpose ... and not the nefarious kind.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

So what is the collective noun for a large number of Popes? Might I suggest: a "mass of Popes?"

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It's still Adam regardless of the belly button. You do know this is a painting. Not a photograph right? a reply to: BobAthome

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
One example being Moses - did he write the Ten Commandments himself? Or did he communicate with God? Did Moses exist? These are things I find interesting..

ATS Thread - 10 Commandments Doctrine of Men

originally posted by: crazyewok
Saints? What the hell even are they?

Souls who are proven to be in Heaven. In the Catholic church - they say it's proven by miracles performed on Earth after death.

Why does a "pope" have any authority to declare people holy?

Matthew 16:18-19

originally posted by: windword
Can Gandhi be a Saint? No? Martin Luther King Jr? No?
One requirement is clear, you have to be a Catholic.

Those people can be saints in heaven ... they just can't be canonized saints according to the Catholic church because they aren't Catholic. But that in no way means that they can't go to heaven and be a saint.

originally posted by: windword
Is there a Catholic saint that wasn't a member of the clergy or sisterhood?

Hundreds. I have books here full of stories of canonized lay-saints.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I know it's not popi. Or Popeye. LOL.
a reply to: DJW001

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Joan of Arc is a saint. The three children from Fatima are saints. Bernadette is a saint though she did join the order but the miracles attributed to her were performed while she was still a child.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
So what is the collective noun for a large number of Popes? Might I suggest: a "mass of Popes?"

That was seriously clever.

As for the discussion about canonized saints having to be a member of a religious order ... that's not true. And a simple GOOGLE of lay people who are canonized saints will bring up a whole pile of them ... and a bunch of books on canonized lay people as well.

Starting with St. Anne (the mother of Mary) and St. Joachim (the father of Mary) and going on to St. John the Baptizer and St. Mary Magdellen and St. Martha her sister and St. Perpetua and St. Felicity and St. Agatha and ... etc etc etc ... on and on and on .... hundreds and hundreds and hundreds .. There are more than 10,000 canonized Catholic saints.

One of the books we have ... 250 Secular Saints - Canonized and Beatified Men, Women and Children
edit on 4/29/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

"Michelangelo fired all of his assistants, whom he deemed inept, and completed the 65-foot ceiling alone, spending endless hours on his back and guarding the project jealously until revealing the finished work, on October 31, 1512."

and he forgot, that a belly button, would not be scriputarly, correct??
really?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Im still surprised people still are even catholic.

As a Christian I can honnestly say Jesus would not want to be affiliated with such a cesspit of corruption, evil, cronyism , political games, lies, greed, child abuse, war mongering, idolism and silly hat wearing.

Saints? What the hell even are they? Why does a "pope" have any authority to declare people holy?

The position of pope is a joke to beguin with, seeing as the majority of popes in history have been some of the most sick and twisted little turds.

Took the words right out of my mouth and can not help to think if a modern Jesus came back he would go into the Vatican and pimp slap the popes lol. I mean no disrespect I just had to cause the thought of seeing that would be utterly hilarious.

What do they not understand where Jesus said no man gets to God unless through me? Not to worship ANY other than him. Not even Mary!!!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

are you referring to the two witnesses and the beast & false prophet faceoff of revelation?

Anyway here is some info on your saints:

www.irishtimes.com...

edit on 29-4-2014 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Hey maybe you're just remembering K-12 history and social studies classes?
1. The schizm which led to the eventual church based in Konstantinoupoli and the church based in Rome?
So today people like myself pay close attention to the Patriarch while the Cathoics follow the Pope.
2. Medieval papacy based au Palais des Papes in Avignon and Rome?
3. I forget his name but a famous monk I believe has had awesome prophesies to look thru..For example, he got the year and name chosen correctly with 86% accuracy from 1250 on (ok so the percentage and year I pulled out of my but very few ppl these days verify things so im olden). But he may hav had a prophecy re: two popes...Yes I think he really did say the final pope before the Apokalypsi would be exactly as we see now. A saint followed by an unpopular, then a seemingly saintly perob who sells his pplto hell.
4. Jesus vs Anti-Christ

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join