It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I I Believe In Enforced Meditation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Chamberf=6

A snide comment really helps us solve our problems as a society. At least I'm trying to work on solutions.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

When I say enforced, I don't mean that this should happen right away. I believe that it may be something that is slowly taking place now.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

I didn't know what ASMR was, I had to google it. I don't think that that's necessarily meditation. I don't even understand how you could hear or see something about that since it seems to deal with a bodily response. But I'm pretty sure that since I said that it's not meditation, that people are ready to hear me say that you should be done away with if my system were a reality. I think that people are not meditating on what I'm talking about. It's just like a knee-jerk response since I mention the word, enforced.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

I like the fact that you are one of the few people that understands what I'm saying. I think that a lot of people reading this thread take a very stereotyped view of meditation. When one is studying for something, the most effective form of study is fully focusing on and internalizing what you're studying about. Meditation could be something as simple as that.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

When I say enforced, I don't mean physically forcing someone to do something. I mean passionately encouraging someone to do it, as well as constantly reinforcing (as you mentioned) the benefits of doing so. I think that society would have to get creative as how to enforce without physically enforcing it, or anything.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Words

Is forcing someone to go to school hypocritical, atrocious or tyrannical? It all depends on your point-of-view, or world-view.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: brazenalderpadrescorpio

Forcing people with an "or else" is exactly what you are saying...you may not have meant it, but you said it.

ENFORCED: definition c/o www.thefreedictionary.com

1. to ensure observance of or obedience to (a law, decision, etc)
2. to impose (obedience, loyalty, etc) by or as by force
3. to emphasize or reinforce (an argument, demand, etc)enˈforceable adj enˌforceaˈbility n enforcedly adv enˈforcement n enˈforcer n

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: because

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio

A snide comment really helps us solve our problems as a society. At least I'm trying to work on solutions.

By wanting to dictate meditation? How would forcing people to do something like meditate be beneficial?

It would have to be by choice of the individuals, IMO, to be productive...and guess what??
That is the current state of affairs. People choose to meditate or not.

And my "snide" comment? I said maybe you should meditate more on your "enforcement" idea, because it's a dictatorial action.

But suggesting you might want to reconsider is "snide"?

Forced meditation? Yes sir, whatever you say sir.

Will it be brutal enforcement, taxes, mind crime patrols, watchers...what? I want to be prepared to know what to expect from your rule.
edit on 4/28/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: brazenalderpadrescorpio

I don't force my children, who are sick alot. My youngest has school anxiety. And he is going to be protected from labels and enforced medication. Tend to believe that being taught to read and write gives the skills to learn anything you wish, and that advanced education should be ongoing, with every course available to everyone, in an advanced world. But, don't support enforced controlled education systems.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Forcing people with an "or else." Or else, you'll have a life that's meaningless, and makes other lives meaningless in the process.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

The enforcement will be to show people that not doing so will make their lives not as productive to themselves and to society. The only enforcement is to do this vigorously. Showing people the benefit of it doesn't sound that bad, does it?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

If you enforce something and take violence, death and any form of torture out of the equation, the enforcement is not really a bad thing. It seems like people have a hard time understanding this, but at least I put this idea out into the ether.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join