It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is NO SUCH THING As a Dissapearing Plane in the 21st Century.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bservant

You mean as reported by Sorcha Faal? That's enough to debunk it right there.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

No, not as reported by Sorcha Faal. That's just an insult to my intelligence.

edit on 2-5-2014 by 0bservant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bservant

The only reports I've seen to date that link the Maersk Alabama cargo back to MH370 started there.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeminiSky
Have not posted here in ages, but felt very compelled at this point to share my viewpoint.

I am bewildered by the lack of critical thinking of the sheeple public these days. Case in point is this missing Malaysian airliner.

Incredibly insulting. Either agree with you, or we're sheeple? Too stupid to know better?

Lets look at a few facts about how far we have advanced in radar and tracking technology:

NORAD can track objects entering orbit the size of a matchbox, and predict their trajectory and impacts with frightening precision.

Says who? Evidence please. NORAD is a conglomeration of other sensors and technologies. Detect missile launches and develop trajectories? Absolutely. Totally different system than tracking air traffic; completely different technologies & limits.

Nasa can predict locations of objects in deep space several decades into the future.

And? Again, unrelated technology. One uses infrared technology (launch signatures), the other uses visual and radar imaging to develop orbits over weeks, months and years.

In order to detect nuclear launches, there are infrared scanning satellites that cover the entire planet, able to detect and locate a launch location or infrared event within seconds. There are also numerous other weather, spy and other satellites constantly scanning the earth in all different wavelengths of the visible and invisible spectrum's.

Basically true, but, again, these are not homogenous technologies. In fact, they are very different from each other and have very specialized roles. 24/7/365 total coverage, these do not equal.

The numerous army, airforce and navy bases located all around the area where the airliner allegedly disappeared all have real-time scanning radars, in order to detect incoming enemy aircraft. In order to be effective at defense, these radars have to be ON ALL THE TIME scanning the skys.

You're dismissing the shear volume of land, sea and air to be scanned. Not all countries technology is created equal. That is, a civilian radar does not operate as a military acquisition radar does and visa versa. They are 'pointed' at anticipated, known approach ways. In the case of military radar, the mostly likely infiltration pathways. Again, not a 24/7/365 360 degree at all times proposition.

Now to the plane itself. The Boeing 777 has numerous systems for guidance. The airplane has to be connected to multiple satellites simultaneously in order to process accurate location and vector information. You also have a transponder. And then there are the mysterious black boxes. (Mysterious because they have indestructible electronics and GPS beacons, which should have already been located)

I'm sorry, but your lack of knowledge is showing here. GPS, in civilian airliners, is a passive system. It skimpily picks up signals from GPS satellites to triangulate position. It's a one way system. The transponder is set manually from the cockpit and can be easily switched to the "off" (literally) position. The black boxes: very rugged, not indestructible. The ELS (the signal you're referring to) is limited by technology: time, distance and location. Sorry. Those are the facts.

But the one thing that really raises a flag for me is the Rolls Royce Trent 800 engines fitted to the 777-200ER. You see nowadays when RR sells an engine, such as the Trent line of turbo fans, they include something called a "service package"

This package is 24/7 real time monitoring of the aircraft engines by the RR monitoring station. The aircraft can be anywhere in the world, and if something happens to the engine, such as the exhaust temperature exceeding parameters, a flag instantly goes up at the RR monitoring station, who then contacts the airline and ultimately the pilots and maintenance personnel of that particular aircraft.

Such monitoring suites installed on the RR engines also contain GPS locator beacons. If you look at the video below at the 43min mark you can learn about these sensors on the engines:

Skimpily put, airlines have to subscribe to the service. MA does not. Hence, the "hand shakes" we've heard so much about. The connections were attempted, but because MA doesn't subscribe to the service, the connection was rejected.

How in the world can an airliner simply disappear!! The simple answer is: It cant disappear. We all need to use our critical thinking skills and understand that in the 21st century an large modern airliner cannot disappear without a trace, and it also cannot crash without a trace.

So the question remains? What really happened to the Malaysian airlines plane?

--GeminiSky

Actually, it can. See above.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: GeminiSky

I could, but I won't. Again, it could lead back to people that trust me and I won't do that.

Phfffttt!...What a bunch of nonsense.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Starling

Wow, instead of just ignoring it you had to post just to say its nonsense.

If you don't like what I have to say don't bother reading it. Simple solution.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: GeminiSky

I've said it before & I'll say it again...

If we are supposedly 50(+) years behind Technologically compared to Authority, it's a sobering wake up call, that this is likely to continue for another 50 years at least... Sadly!!!

Peace Gemini!!!

Peace MH370 xxx

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join