It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff's deputies cut power, disable cameras and plant guns on suspects.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Source.

According to a complaint filed by prosecutors last week, Martinez claimed he saw a man take part in a drug deal and reach for a gun in his shorts pocket.

Before he got a search warrant, Martinez kicked a wall outlet and shut down power to the room, according to the complaint.

The complaint alleges Paez also planted a gun on top of an office desk, next to some ecstasy pills. At some point, Paez allegedly crawled under the desk and disabled the security camera system.

The sheriff's Internal Criminal Investigation Bureau began investigating the incident a year later and discovered video from inside the dispensary that was "inconsistent" with the report filed by the deputies, prosecutors said on Wednesday.

Prosecutors described the men as former deputies, but it remains unclear when they left the department.

So they're not even sure if these Sheriff's deputies are still employed?

Just another example showing why people need to record every police interaction.

edit on 26-4-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Not really surprising, I think their's more to the story. Probably trying to pull a lick and needed to cover their tracks.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I was on a call once...as a cop..back in the day and as I showed up and another officer announced to me that he cut the power off to the house....it was a guy potentially armed..but more just likely drunk and just belligerent and probably passed out....well its illegal to cut the power without a warrant...so I told him to turn it back on....it just blew my mind that he thought it was ok to do that...without checking with anyone or even thinking it was illegal...and on top of it pissing a guy off who really didnt need to be #ed with...but just talked out peacefully IF possible.

After we rehearsed the call later..I found out that several officers had done this over the course of several years. Still blows my mind. This is why its such an issue with cops....they get too confident in their problem solving skills, but really dont know jack #.

join