It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former NASA Scientist: Global Warming is Nonsense

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dorrell
What a load of rubbish! The fact that temperatures have barely risen in the last 20 - 30 years would dissuade them from continuing this nonsense.

I spent a few minutes and looked around for source data for Total Solar Irradiance and Global Temperature Mean to produce this:

Define "barely risen" for us.
edit on 13Mon, 05 May 2014 13:21:10 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago5 by Greven because: bbc put breaklines in for some reason on links

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Anyone watch Cosmos last night? Great Episode. I haven't had the chance to watch most of them, just the first one and then the one last night.

Loved how he explained Global Warming. So simple and so good.

I also love, how people on this thread, will pick one thing, like Solar maximums or Ice ages and say. "How about that? This is why I disagree with Global warming." However, anyone that ever studies science, understands science and reads some of this stuff that's out there, will KNOW that climate scientists and other scientists like the host of Cosmos, take all of this other stuff into consideration and into their research and data. Don't you guys understand this? LOL

I also love how some of the people on this sight, who are probably burger flippers and retired shoe salesmen, think that they know more about the climate than people that have studied this topic their entire lives. That's really funny to me.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Let me try and put a different spin on man made climate change...

it's simple really...

you don't # in your own backyard

that is all

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Love you! *applauds*

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
The global temperatures have been rising exponentially in the last 75 to 100 years. This is a cause for concern and is an indication of global warming.

do you understand what the term exponentially means? and if so; how do you explain that we are not broiling at about 10000 degrees or so by now? an exponential rise for 100 years ? seriously? actually for the last 17 years or so there has been no rise and by some papers there has been a decrease in temperatures during that time. and any rise that did occur in that 100 years certainly not exponential. words mean things and stuff like that. and what genius thinks that in the entire geological time frame of earth that 100 years is a significant sample? particularly when it has been much warmer in the geological past and the CO2 count has both been lower and higher with no real direct correlation to temperature.
edit on 11-5-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: more stuff

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

I've written this hundreds of times on here about the GW debate. We do not have enough data points to prove or disprove global warming, unless there is an exponential change and if that were the case then humanity better have colonized other planets and satellites if we wish not to go extinct. Climate change in some areas on this planet is real as a result of human development, the facts are clear.

The global warming debate is a distraction from bigger human caused problems currently happening.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

This could be a reason?

The next time somebody tries to tell you that cow farts, cars or too many people are the impetus behind disastrous changes in the climatic norms of the planet, you may want to point them to a new analysis paper published in ‘Yale University’s Yale Environment 360 that unveils two of the actual causes of man-made climate change that the mainstream media refuses to talk about: genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and chemical-based, industrial agriculture.

The paper, entitled Soil as Carbon Storehouse: New Weapon in Climate Fight?, points to unsustainable agriculture — this includes the planting of millions of acres of land with GM soy and corn, and the regular spraying of this land with toxic pesticides and herbicides — as a major cause of excess carbon release. Healthy soils, it turns out, naturally sequester carbon and preserve it for the benefit of humans and the environment, but modern agricultural practices have destroyed much of it, creating a serious imbalance.’

Chemicals and GMO's cause the planet to warm?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Dorrell
Strange. The cited article makes no mention of pesticides or GM crops. Nor does it say that current agricultural practices are contributing to global warming. What it does say is that soil has the potential to be used as a way to mitigate warming.

Not so strange I guess. Your source, naturalnews, is not known for getting the facts right.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This topic always reminds me to what extent will global warming deniers and those who don't believe in science, as recently asked by Rubio will look like if nothing is done to slow our self-destruction...

edit on 15-5-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I love the logic of climate change deniers.

Thousands of peer reviewed articles supporting climate change: The science isn't in yet.

1 former NASA scientist says there is no man-made climate change: There you have it, definitely no climate change. Keep on raping the earth to feed your corporate masters.
edit on 16-5-2014 by dudeguyedp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Talking to deniers is the same thing than talking to ET believers ( Any blurry photo is "PROOF" that alien are visiting Earth)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dudeguyedp
I love the logic of climate change deniers.

Thousands of peer reviewed articles supporting climate change: The science isn't in yet.

1 former NASA scientist says there is no man-made climate change: There you have it, definitely no climate change. Keep on raping the earth to feed your corporate masters.

exactly!

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Dorrell
Strange. The cited article makes no mention of pesticides or GM crops. Nor does it say that current agricultural practices are contributing to global warming. What it does say is that soil has the potential to be used as a way to mitigate warming.

Not so strange I guess. Your source, naturalnews, is not known for getting the facts right.

www.tbp.org...

The above paper actually cites studies which demonstrate that though agricultural practices reduce co2 absorption they actually increase the reflection of inbound radiation and so the "big picture" aspect of that variable is still relatively murky.

It is under the section of Life and More on page 23.

The only agricultural impact that seems to have momentum is the oceanic dead zones being attributed to agricultural run-off which reduces the rate of co2 absorption by the ocean. That is of course if co2 has as great an impact as the scenarios indicate.

-FBB
edit on 16-5-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputnik
Let me try and put a different spin on man made climate change...

it's simple really...

you don't # in your own backyard

that is all

ok you walk everywhere. and only wind sail crossing a ocean or lake.

wouldnt have advanced to this without fuel its a beautiful thing

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackcube
Talking to deniers is the same thing than talking to ET believers ( Any blurry photo is "PROOF" that alien are visiting Earth)

Oh the amazing irony of your criticism is . . . well, amazing!

The leads on the IPCC modeling specifically cite the blurriness of the modeling as needing further refining. The common criticism of the model not being able to predict recurrent weather (note : weather) patterns like El Nino, but then in turn are used to predict more "extreme" weather. They also miss cycles of tropical winds and rains which are major climatic events.

Hypocrisy is usually hilarious, laugh it off and go back to mocking everyone . . .

-FBB

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusChristwins
Thinking that 2000 years...
...yet another paid agent is lying to humanity?

I'd like to fix the mistakes of the past. I'll do it so by correcting myself. Please do not delete my NEW posts or mod them before you read them.

I was always seeking the truth. That's why i got in the ATS in the first place. I was trying to listen to people who claimed to know the truth, the truth about our lives, the truth about our world, the truth about ourselves. I believed that i was speaking the truth, that i had found the truth and i wanted to share the truth with other people in order to help each other.

FOOL ME!!! Please forgive me for what i wrote, for what i may have caused to your thoughts, for dragging you to the shadows i was.

In my research for the truth i got in front of a TV person and a few others on the web. They had their approach regarding the world which was based on the fact that the NWO, the governments, etc are lying to us. As a huge fool, i believed them simply because they claimed that Jesus is the Lord. As an Orthodox Christian, i used to believe anything anyone was telling me as long as they also believed in God.

Fool me! I had never read the New Testament, never read the Orthodox Fathers, i wasn't even going to the Church! Yet i was claiming that i was an Orthodox Christian and that everything i was saying was based on the teachings of our faith. Huge lie! Everything i was saying was based on these few people. They were fooling people and then making tons of money by selling tons of lies in books. Sadly I bought (thankfully only once).

To keep it short, the Lord showed mercy on me and let me read the New Testament many times, read the Father, go to the Church and meet people God really loves. Now i know that all of things i was told were lies and that i also transferred these lies to you, to ATS readers.

I now know that the truth lies only within the New Testament and the words of the Orthodox Fathers and nowhere else. If you wish to know the truth like i did, read the New Testament from an Orthodox source as every other source (Catholic, Protestant, etc) has changed the original text as they wanted.

-------

To fix what i mentioned here and stay in topic, I don't really know if Global Warming is a myth or not. I don't even believe anymore that the South Pole ice height is raising (that's what the people who fooled me claimed). I believe that in fact the ice is melting.

What i believe is that Global Warming is part of an agenta which i still cannot understand its purpose. Yes it's good to be green, but why the governments who do not make anything unless they are sure they will make tons of money for themselves are supporting it? I honestly cannot explain it.

As for that Former NASA scientist, anyone can say whatever he wants. I got my lesson and i do not believe easily people anymore. If with facts (facts based on sources accessible by anyone) someone can prove to us that Global Warming exists or is a myth, then i'd gladly discuss it.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

"The term 'climate change' is meaningless. The Earth's climate has been changing since time immemorial, that is since the Earth was formed 1,000 million years ago. The theory of 'man-made climate change' is an unsubstantiated hypothesis [about] our climate [which says it] has been adversely affected by the burning of fossil fuels in the last 100 years, causing the average temperature on the earth’s surface to increase very slightly but with disastrous environmental consequences.

Former NASA Scientist: Global Warming is Nonsense

I wonder how the climate change camp will try to spin this one...

After all... this is a former NASA scientist. It amazes me, that they still keep trying to sell this garbage as scientific fact, when so many scientists have stated that it is bunk.

Now, we have a former government scientist coming out of the climate change closet, so to speak...

It will be interesting to see if the sheep can stay together, now that the "sheep dogs" are starting to bail...

But this is only one guy vs thousands. Just like if it was one study that linked Vaccines to Autism but there were dozens of others that found no link. Who would you believe?

It comes down to logic. Who's more likely to be right...the thousands or the one. And if it's a conspiracy, how do those thousands of scientists all keep so quiet about it? Weird.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusChristwins

I'd like to fix the mistakes of the past. I'll do it so by correcting myself. Please do not delete my NEW posts or mod them before you read them.

I was always seeking the truth. That's why i got in the ATS in the first place. I was trying to listen to people who claimed to know the truth, the truth about our lives, the truth about our world, the truth about ourselves. I believed that i was speaking the truth, that i had found the truth and i wanted to share the truth with other people in order to help each other.

FOOL ME!!! Please forgive me for what i wrote, for what i may have caused to your thoughts, for dragging you to the shadows i was.

In my research for the truth i got in front of a TV person and a few others on the web. They had their approach regarding the world which was based on the fact that the NWO, the governments, etc are lying to us. As a huge fool, i believed them simply because they claimed that Jesus is the Lord. As an Orthodox Christian, i used to believe anything anyone was telling me as long as they also believed in God.

Fool me! I had never read the New Testament, never read the Orthodox Fathers, i wasn't even going to the Church! Yet i was claiming that i was an Orthodox Christian and that everything i was saying was based on the teachings of our faith. Huge lie! Everything i was saying was based on these few people. They were fooling people and then making tons of money by selling tons of lies in books. Sadly I bought (thankfully only once).

To keep it short, the Lord showed mercy on me and let me read the New Testament many times, read the Father, go to the Church and meet people God really loves. Now i know that all of things i was told were lies and that i also transferred these lies to you, to ATS readers.

I now know that the truth lies only within the New Testament and the words of the Orthodox Fathers and nowhere else. If you wish to know the truth like i did, read the New Testament from an Orthodox source as every other source (Catholic, Protestant, etc) has changed the original text as they wanted.

-------

To fix what i mentioned here and stay in topic, I believe what i say here is showing a lamb following wolves dressed on lamb costumes. Why should i focus on Al Gore? Because he made a speech? Because he owns some NGOs?

Our fellow ATS user told me "The NWO has their arguments(though I don't see how getting people to go green has anything to do with the NWO). And who is paying all of these scientists? There is a far greater chance that this NASA scientist is being paid than the former.

Maybe you should try to refute the arguments instead, I mean one could just as easily accuse you of having an ulterior motive, like being too lazy to use public transportation."

He was right! Instead of just being someone's opinion, why don't you better research the subject by yourself? This is far better than being a useless lamb like i am. Search for a subject and then make up an opinion. From the moment you (i mean me) do not have clues about Global Warming, do not talk until you do!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join