It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity, homosexuality and pig meat.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n
So clearly, the Christians are wrong.

You WANT them to be wrong. They are not. To use your words back - 2,000 years of Christian scholarship and theology knows better than an armchair anti-christian muslim who reads a few anti-christian books to get his interpretation from. And I bet you haven't read one lick of what was posted to teach you. (yesterday you admitted that you don't read/watch anything Christians post).

He didn't..... but he instructed Christians to do as the Pharisees say.

... and then he didn't do what they say.

If you had bothered to read the information posted on this page ...which I'm sure you didn't because you admit you don't ... you would have seen that Jesus was teaching what the SPIRIT of the law is ... and Leviticus isn't the spirit of the law ...

Again .. hang it up .. Christians understand their book and you aren't going to get Christians to go be muslim.
edit on 5/19/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

So all you Christians stuffing their faces with bacon will have a lot to answer when they meet Jesus

Actually, I was eating bacon when you edited this comment in. And no ... we aren't going to hell for eating bacon. That's absurd. But go ahead and keep adhering to ridiculous ancient laws that Jesus did away with .... all the more bacon for the rest of us.

You totally miss what Jesus was about. He's not legalistic. He's not sending people to hell for eating bacon or for cutting their beard or for growing a garden with 'mixed seeds'. My god that's anal.

READ THE INFORMATION POSTED for a change and just stop with the ridiculous anti-christian threads. No one is going to become Muslim.
edit on 5/19/2014 by FlyersFan because: wording

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You totally miss what Jesus was about. He's not legalistic.

But he anyway instructed his people to do what the legalistic pharisees say.

Also, why did Peter have a problem with eating unclean meats in his vision? Didn't he get the memo that anything can be eaten?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
BACON to Muslims. It's like garlic to vampires.
PERFECT comparison.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You know the odd thing about this bacongate saga is I once had a Lebanese muslim for a boss and her brother also worked with us too. (They were really cool humans btw and taught me a lot about westernised Islam)

We, with the rest of the staff from our business went on a weekend team building trip away. I was a bit shocked at what was on the breakfast table and they were tucking into like no tomorrow.

Yep, it was bacon and eggs.

I was made to feel like the odd one because I wanted cereal lol.

I have also been told by another laid back Muslim from India this time that the koran teaches that if you need to eat Haram foods to sustain life then it's okay.

So, actually as always the laws of Islam are way more complicated.

edit on 19-5-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Sister in law and her fiancee has spent several christmases with us, we usually serve christmas ham but last year we served turkey and he said that this is what i should be eating but he likes ham as well. i didn´t even noticed by his behaviour in earlier years that he is actually muslim as he has been like like everyone of us at christmas giving gifts and eating ham. His father is from Marocco and mother is finnish i knew this but i always thought he was christian.
We had a nice talk about celebrating Christmas and food also about islam, it was nice to hear non fundamental opinions about islam from a muslim.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

And to be fair, westernised Muslims can be wonderful people. I've also had some memorable conversations and had some great cultural and spiritual exchanges with them. The respect was mutual and we learned a lot from each other.

It's fundamental Islam and their terrible Sharia law that troubles me. This is the side of Islam we need to be very wary of.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Absolutely, totally agree. Its the fundamentalism which is so twisted and unrespectful.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

It's very simple .... the ancient laws like Leviticus 'laws' were written by uneducated peasants (not God) 4500 years ago. They didn't know how to cook pork so when they ate pork they'd get sick. They thought it angered God to eat pork so they made up a law saying it was against Gods law to eat pork ... but in fact it was only their complete lack of understanding about germs and properly cooking food that was making them sick.

The 'do not eat pork or you go to hell' nonsense isn't from God.
It's from lack of education about cooking. Nothing more.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Biblical Christians (the ones who revere the bible cover to cover) claim that the levitical laws prohibiting pig meat and homosexuality have been done away with after Jesus' appearance 2000 years ago. Most Christians are okay with eating pig meat, forbidden by levitical laws...yet use the same levitical laws to condemn homosexuality. Some even quote from leviticus to back up their claims. Why is that? Discuss.

They do that because homosexuality was touched on again by Jesus in the new testament. Those who condemn homosexual s however are ignorant of the message Jesus came to spread

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join