It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEXAS AND ITS POLICE PROBLEM continues...Former Officer Blows Whistle on Faulty Radar Detectors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Top headline today on WFAA DALLAS/Ft Worth:

McKinney police knew of patrol car radar anomalies, kept giving tickets.

www.wfaa.com...

“I was told, ‘Let’s not make any noise about this, we’ll get it fixed at some point,’” said Aaron Smith, a former fleet operations manager for the McKinney police.

Radars have been used for years and it was officer Aaron Smith’s job to keep those radars in check at the department. Smith said he started to see some irregularities in radar readings after he drove the patrol units starting in June of 2013. “I started noticing these anomalies where target speeds would be completely out of the norm,” Smith said. He noticed that the radars would show a target driver going 65 miles per hour, when they were going closer to 45 miles per hour.

www.wfaa.com...
edit on 26-4-2014 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

This story, however, is nothing compared to the abuse of power- and just straight up ABUSE- practiced by the cops in this area.
I have lived and traveled throughout the country, and the world- Texas is BY FAR THE WORST POLICE STATE I have personally ever encountered.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

‘Let’s not make any noise about this, we’ll get it fixed at some point,’”

Said every cop and prosecutor at some point. Eventually some group like The Innocence Project will get around to exonerating you. At most you'll have to wait 20-30 years. No biggie.

But they'll "fix" it eventually.

Expect this cop to be harassed nonstop now by his proud and honorable ex-peers.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ltinycdancerg

Try going to Plainfield Indiana sometime, I know a woman who was arrested and jailed for a week, refused OR because she was a "flight risk". Her crime....She worked at wendy's, and her manager said her drawer was $50 short, the police came and arrested her without any evidence at all but the word of the manager. When she went to court, the prosecutor met us in the hall way putside the court room and told us he was dropping all charges, because there was no evidence at all, and the manager in question was just arrested for stealing money from other peoples drawers and prosecuting them for the theft.

The reason she was a flight risk according to the police department was as follows. She has no prior record, she is married, she has children, she owns her home and car, and was charged with a class C misdemeanor.

So they arrested her, without any evidence, jailed her for a week, refused to OR her even though technically they werent even suppossed to arrest her for such a petty crime, they were suppossed to give her a summons to court and send her on her way.

Plainfield has almost no actual crime at all, but watching the police you would think they were working in "the hood"....lol that is so funny, plainfield is as far from the hood as one can get, their worst neighbor hood is better than most places above average neighborhoods.

www.townofplainfield.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Traffic stops are always seen by the police as an opportunity to arrest that person for another "crime"....." I smell pot " or " have you been drinking "....come to mind. At worst, for them and the best " sorta " for you and I, they find nothing else and still have generated revenue for the actual traffic violation.

In CA you can be pulled over for " being distracted ", with no guidelines for what that means other then the officers disgression I have actually had a friend pulled over because the decorations hanging from her rear few mirror might be "distracting".......I am so sick of having lawless agencies having the authority to enforce the "Law" !!
edit on 26-4-2014 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
A few months ago my attorney got me out of a speeding ticket in McKinney because the McKinney PD could not show documentation that their radar was properly calibrated. I was ticketed for going 75 in a 65...I was actually doing 80 LOL

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
A few months ago my attorney got me out of a speeding ticket in McKinney because the McKinney PD could not show documentation that their radar was properly calibrated. I was ticketed for going 75 in a 65...I was actually doing 80 LOL

And that ladies and gentlemen is how it is done right here!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I love it. Good for you man, glad to hear someone got over on "the man".

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ltinycdancerg
I have lived and traveled throughout the country, and the world- Texas is BY FAR THE WORST POLICE STATE I have personally ever encountered.

I know Texas has it's share of share of dirty cops, but I suspect it would be in error to call them the worst. Police departments throughout the US seem to be in a race to the bottom. Just when you think it could not be any worse, something more outrageous comes along.

I was talking with a long-term government employee in NW Florida and they told me about an incident with their sheriffs department. It seems someone reported that a very minor crime had occured at a house nearby this individual. This individual was watching as the house was surrounded by deputies with AR15's/M16's. The house turned out to be empty. This individual was suprised that the deputies did not shoot each other as they were simply not very professional in their deployment.

I shudder to think at all the hardware and technology available to people of this (very low) caliber. These people are a serious threat to the safety of the common man.

edit on 26-4-2014 by juspassinthru because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
in all states a officer has to properly calibrate there radar guns before every shift.

www.nolo.com...

www.leelofland.com...

For hand held radar
you can ask to see the readout on the radar unit before the officer clears it.
LOOK AT THE TIME STAMP some officers have been known to save the readout and pull people over and show them someone elses readout.
many of the new car mounted radar units have a built in camera.

My view is all radar units should have a built in camera just to show the exact car that was the target.

If the McKinney police department officers lied about the radar being properly calibrated on there daily shift report they should be arrested and fired.
TITLE 8. OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION

CHAPTER 37. PERJURY AND OTHER FALSIFICATION

if they did not log in there shift test then the tickets should be invalid and all the people that got tickets should get there fines back.

Also the police chief should be fired for cause. cause he did not do his job.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

What attorney did you hire for your McKinney speeding ticket?

Please let me know asap, Thank You
[email protected]
484-707-2456

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Like all states Texas has its share of problems, but to say its the worst is laughable.

But I will say this for McKinney, I live in the North Dallas area and that is the ONLY encrypted PD in the whole DFW area. And lots of folks do not like it at all, they are a pretty small suburb and they are growing like everything North of Dallas is, but still pretty much a semi country town. I never understood why they thought they needed their police frequencies to be encrypted completely like they are when much bigger and higher crime areas are still in the open.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ltinycdancerg

They have some big city education and process glitches in McKinney; it's not just the freeway construction process with zero margins that makes you feel your car will become a bobsled and a crumpled wad of foil at any minute. They aren't watching their city computers. The radar ticketing reaction of the police is only a portion of the technology problem. Some of the city police I've met are hesitant to go through with reports, they know something isn't straight and try to send a hint that hey don't complain it won't get results. Coverups for weird stuff I don't know. Who is pulling the political strings there, a president or something?

I hesitate to go to Grayson County, Collin County and Dallas County areas now from the mob. Mostly Russian or Ukranian wanted, Mexican wanted kidnappers, and, well don't make me stereotype, but the poster terrorist Muslim group, whatever name they consider themselves there, I don't know. The citywide cellphone/wifi system, they must be running a security network there tapping into that, finding cell phones and computers, because I get them floating around 10 minutes after I connect on free wifi at any cafe in those towns. I'd almost regard it a satellite tracking system. They have perimeter cashier lookouts at corner stores at the big mall and shopping sprawl in Frisco, texting as soon as certain people enter. I've grown up in big bad neighborhoods before, with lots of religions and immigrants and national backgrounds; it's not some random appearance, it's targeted.

new topics

top topics

join