It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Signs of God's Existence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I did a search for this documentary on ATS but found nothing.

One of the biggest problems I see today is the inability for people to accept new information. I think it's important for all of us to accept all of the information we come across and use our intellect, experience, and each other to form a correct answer to where we are really are in our current state of reality. What is really going on? Do you think you would be better able to answer that question if you chose to study the information only you deem to be correct without any more/new information from different minds? Anyway, I've found a video that gave me some interesting and new information and I wanted to share itwith you guys. Enjoy

The Signs of God's Existence
Alimane Studios has produced this entire documentary which deals with the conflict between atheism and theism in the light of modern science.
www.alldocumentaries.org...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 26-4-2014 by itsallgonenow because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2014 by itsallgonenow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: itsallgonenow

I was intrigued by the title of this thread, but I think you should add a brief abstract of the video content to this OP. Not everyone on here has the time to watch a 2h documentary in order to post a reply or discuss.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, though, and might check back later on ...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
The signs of God's existence should be evident in that millions of people fight and kill each other for his old stomping grounds. Isn't that proof?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

A good friend of mine once said,

"We killed God, but there wasn't enough sand in the Universe to bury him. "

If God exists, I don't think he'd like to see his creation warring against each other, otherwise he simply wouldn't create the party he hates. That's why I'm skeptical about the Old Testament.

edit on 26-4-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Good and bad are the same thing. One is the ebb while the other flow. We just look at it from within so we don't see the silliness of it all. If good was the cats head bad is the tail, all part of the same thing. There is no such thing as good or bad just opposite polarities representing the same thing. Therefore one is as necessary as the other in order for us to experience. Without one or the other we couldn't exist, not because God is cruel or anything.

edit on 26-4-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Good and bad are the same thing.

Only those who have criminal intents (or simply don't ponder before making the statement) say this.

Because if you're like me, and spent years receiving abuse and violence, You'd develop a pretty keen sense of what is right and wrong.

edit on 26-4-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Apparently not......ward of the court here.
I know both abuse and abandonment thank you very much. As for criminal intent.....shhhh! :pus:

Your statement doesn't reflect a level of understanding, it reflects just how well you fit in the illusion which was further illustrated by your first post having doubts of Gods existence.

If you want to know if God exists just look in a mirror.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Your statement doesn't reflect a level of understanding

I understand much, mate. I used to be a new ager who believed in all this stuff.

So that I may worship myself? No thank you - when people start worshipping themselves, they get full of themselves. And when that happen, they stop caring about others.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Your statement doesn't reflect a level of understanding

I understand much, mate. I used to be a new ager who believed in all this stuff.

So that I may worship myself? No thank you - when people start worshipping themselves, they get full of themselves. And when that happen, they stop caring about others.

Sorry sawnne, I have read countless posts of your and you are indeed intelligent. However, intelligence doesn't equate to understanding does it? No one is asking or advising you to worship yourself. In fact where in any of my posts have I suggested any type of criminal intent before you ASSUMED as much. Where did I recommend the worship of anything let alone oneself, you ASSUMED that also. How can one claim to understand with so many wrong assumptions?

I'm not asking you to love God, or worship him or anything for that matter. I was simply trying to invoke thought, its your life, well actually its not but for all intents and purposes you can claim its "yours" through ego for that is the only construct here that thinks its what it isn't, as was its design because without it theres no game.
edit on 26-4-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r

I was intrigued by the title of this thread, but I think you should add a brief abstract of the video content to this OP. Not everyone on here has the time to watch a 2h documentary in order to post a reply or discuss.
Here's what it says at 1m38s:

"It's so amazing that creationists were right all along".

To put this in context, here is Seth McFarlane's assessment of creationists and their understanding of science:

I didn't see anything scientific in the video, it's theistic propaganda saying essentially that science doesn't understand 100% of the universe therefore we can make up whatever we want to fill in the gaps, which must of course be God.

They say abiogenisis must be impossible so life can't come from nothing but fail to see the irony that's exactly what they seem to be claiming for God.

This is a religion video, not a science video.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Bravo Zulu

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: itsallgonenow 1.618 is a very interesting number . Thanks op for your post S&F ..# 1 is representative of God in the Bible . 6 is the # representative of man . So 1+ 6 = 7..the # 7 is representative of spiritual perfection God made man for Himself . We are told that man fell in the garden and sin entered the world and so God and man were separated .So 1 + 6 + 1 = 8 ...God in restoring man back to Himself becomes man and dies in his stead ,for the wages of sin is death . So 1 + 6 + 1 = 8 ..8 is the # representative of resurrection or newness of life .Jesus said on the cross before He died ," it is finished " ....1 + 6 + 1 + 8 ..in the sequence 1 + 8 = 9 ..9 is the # that represents finality .So 1+6+1+8 =16 ..1+6=7 spiritual perfection again .

This is a pdf version from the book The Seal of God ...a very interesting read that has lots of the number values in common nature and goes into the numbers represented in the number values in both Greek and Hebrew letters within the Word of God god-help.org... A small excerpt from the Bible with number representation Five of these are actually the numeric value of His titles and the numbers which apply to Him
are worthy of note. Again the casual reading of this may not reveal anything unusual, yet here is
seen the finger of God, not only in design, but verifying vital truths.
Theotes 592 37x8x2 Very God
Jesus 888 37x8x3 Very Man
Christ 1480 37x8x5 Our Passover
Son of Man 2960 37x8x10 Son of Man
Total 5920 37x8x4x5 The Climax
This last number 5,920 being the exact total of the phrase in Matthew 25:B, 'Behold THE
BRIDEGROOM cometh go Ye out to meet HIM.

Some vids to look at and contemplate www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

And if you think carbon dating is a settled science then have a good read climateaudit.org...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Why is this even in the Sci-Tech forum anyway? There is still zero evidence to support claims of gods of any particular flavour - Abrahamic, Hindu, Sikh etc.
Unsubstantiated, multiple translated texts by unverifiable authors are NOT evidence, and neither is conjecture.

Ah well, it is always entertaining to see threads like this turn into the usual argument between those who passionately believe and those who don't. I'm just an honest skeptical agnostic who only believes things which can be verified. At present no claims of gods are verifiable in any way so all the conflicting beliefs around the world are amusing at best.
Note, I do NOT state there are no gods, just that (as always) I have seen no evidence to support the claims so I do not believe such things - same for ghosts, pixies, angels, demons, whatever.

Sci-Tech forum for faith based belief assertions? Really?? [sigh]

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand The vid is not to prove there is a God but it does refute all arguments in science that would suggest there is not .We find ourselves with a world view .Where does this world view come from ? Is the source of our world view valid ? Fool me once shame on you ,fool me twice shame on me ..If we are to be genuine then we need to ask genuine questions .If a lier is the one framing the questions then it would be easy for them to continue to hide behind the lie .Coming to a truly objective conclusion on things especially God would seem like a impossible task, but is it impossible ? Like making complicates mathematical equations , one has to use the proper math to do so . The vid is only going to help non believers to believe and believers to be more confident in their belief of a God ...peace

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I am really enjoying this video as an informational tool.
But it hints to the watcher about Islam and the religion itself...not impressed.

To me, there is no need for an explanation for God. I need no proof. I look around at all the glorious things that were created perfectly for our survival and know there is God. There are no chances or possibilities, and everything happens for a reason good or bad. There is no question, nor doubt. When asked, "Do you believe in God?" The answer is simple:

I don't "believe" in God, I know there is God!

After finishing the video....I am slightly disappointed. Only with the ending. It pushes Islam as the only true religion and I personally can't agree with that. Other than the ending, I am happy with the facts presented. Still a good video but I am in no way advocating anyone convert to any religion without research into it.

edit on 26-4-2014 by havok because: finished the video.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Good and bad are the same thing.

Only those who have criminal intents (or simply don't ponder before making the statement) say this.

Because if you're like me, and spent years receiving abuse and violence, You'd develop a pretty keen sense of what is right and wrong.

that's not what the other poster meant, good and bad are the same thing in the same way that hot and cold seem like opposites but are both the same in that they are measures of temperature, left and right are opposite directions or political ideologies but are the same in that they are both directions or ideologies... One can't exist without the other, the law of analogy is what was being shared and it is a principle that everyone should know.... Those things that seem the most different are usually the most alike....

What truly is the difference between any one thing and another?... Bit of a Koan for you...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Elijah23 I can see how having two different things can happen and can be explained ...Lets take the Christ .For obvious reason there would have to come the Anti-Christ ...I used a analogy similar the other day in which I said "which came first ,the truth or the lie " Before there was a something (creation) there was a nothing .The first act of creation caused the thought of nothing in creation .Sometimes it's fun to see how far we can think about things in our own mind .

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: havok
I am really enjoying this video as an informational tool.
But it hints to the watcher about Islam and the religion itself...not impressed.

To me, there is no need for an explanation for God. I need no proof. I look around at all the glorious things that were created perfectly for our survival and know there is God. There are no chances or possibilities, and everything happens for a reason good or bad. There is no question, nor doubt. When asked, "Do you believe in God?" The answer is simple:

I don't "believe" in God, I know there is God!

After finishing the video....I am slightly disappointed. Only with the ending. It pushes Islam as the only true religion and I personally can't agree with that. Other than the ending, I am happy with the facts presented. Still a good video but I am in no way advocating anyone convert to any religion without research into it.

i,m not going to even put myself through the video,you don,t believe in god cause you know there is a god?

100% proof or it aint true,thats what i,ve always been told and i know for fact your never going to be able to do that.
said it before and will say it again,if this god exists then where the hell is he?thousands of years and not a murmur,everyone needs a holiday but hes kinda ripping the ass out it.

or maybe i,m just being insane here but its maybe cause he doesn,t exist in first place that we haven,t heard anything?

know it sounds crazy but it may just be true.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
just look around!

then again, what if aliens came down and said our planet was fugly?

what would anyone say to that?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
oh yeah, i forgot.

is it an accident we find nature beautiful? why wonder about it?

what does it take to appreciate beauty?

why does your wife look pretty? is it logical she is a beauty? or just more germane reasons like hips good for producing offsprings.

do you care if she finds you attractive?

anyone have a pet?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join