It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having to remind yourself of your beliefs every day so that you'll keep seeing them.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I think writing them down and keeping goals or your outlook on life, always on the forefront, is important. We're shaping up things here, whether we're aware of the process or not. And distractions are continually surrounding us.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb
I have this little weak dog who whines a lot. He's always at the dinner table begging for food, as all dogs do. But due to him being so weak, in my regular, unmitigated, natural lack of compassion, I justify not giving him table food due to my disgust at his whiny attitude.
The dog only begs and whines because he has been conditioned to believe it will get results. Someone has been feeding the dog at the dinner table otherwise he would have learned that it is a total waste of energy. Not all dogs beg for food - only the ones who have achieved results do. I do not understand why you label the dog as weak.

So yesterday, after looking this pitiful dog in his eyes, I realized I was looking at myself. Suddenly, I was compelled to give him some food.
It is not the dog who is weak!! The dog has great intelligence.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

I haven't read through the whole thread, so I'm not sure if someone has mentioned what I'm going to say.

I think that that's why it's important to look inward as much as possible. This is why I believe that simple things like meditation are really important for the mind and the spirit. For people who yearn for deeper things, making it a practice to routinely look inward is essential. I'm finally starting to wake up to that realization. It's also supposed to help you think more clearly, so why not!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
The me needs meaning to exist - without meaning the me illusion does not appear.

From my experience, without meaning, life is meaningless. Its very mundane.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join