It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist Madalyn Murray O'Hair Facing Dismemberment and Her Son's and Granddaughter's Death

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hushabye
Religion, or the lack thereof, is only the icing on these psychotic, murderous cases.

If you insist, though, I think if you look honestly at history, it's christians and other 'god-like' types whom are the most murderous in our midst- throughout history.

Your moment, how will you deal with it?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

The moment you or I die we all may hope there's something more. We might wish there were something more.

But that doesn't mean there is something more.

Just because you can't disprove god. Isn't proof he's real. That's a talking point.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: oblvion

I assure you there are certainly atheists in foxholes as I was one.

That saying is nothing more than propaganda pushed by those of faith.

I have take fire and been in immediate danger many times where death could come at any moment not once did an imaginary creature pop into my mind. My military profession was EOD (bomb squad in laymen terms) I used to have an NCO that would tell me god must have been with me when I finished especially tricky jobs. I would look at him and say god had nothing to do with it, my training was what got me through it. If he muttered on about it I would say something along the lines of what kind of god creates a world and people where my job is even necessary. I would then prepare for the mental gymnastics that were sure to follow while he tried to justify it.

Anyway like I said there are Atheists in foxholes.

I'm not talking about close calls, I've had those as I'm sure many on this site have had too. I'm talking about the moment….

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch
What thoughts went through Madalyn Murray O'Hairs mind as she watched her son and then her granddaughter being dismembered before her? Then as she was stood in a barrel as they had been and the chainsaw turned on her….. tell me atheists did she cry out? Would you? Could she, would she pray as she was the one who was responsible for prayer being forbidden by little children in schools ?

When it comes down to the moment whatever form it takes and the blood stops and it is very silent and your vision goes dim, then the hearing goes and you are alone in a very dark body, deaf and dumb and watching the little lights go out up above you in your brain, one by one. You can still hear noises but they are through your skin and you realize that you are a separate being from your body and you are watching the machinery that you had lived in go out……

At that moment you realize there's something more BUT are you too late, have you done too much damage? Would you be welcomed to your real home? Faced with the real deal what would you say? I doubt you would say anything imho, more likely you'll run and hide in the dark and say over and over to yourself that this isn't true….

The moment of truth, the real moment, how would you face it?

What exactly is your point of this horrific recounting of a fellow humans murder?

Did you take pleasure in typing that, DO you feel you have accomplished anything other than rising members disgust?

Frankly the thought you typed that as an appeal to faith, or critique of atheism... I'd almost say you where attempting misplaced satire.

The thought that someone would use a horrific crime to take smug satisfaction of another, to prove a point is repugnant.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

The moment you or I die we all may hope there's something more. We might wish there were something more.

But that doesn't mean there is something more.

Just because you can't disprove god. Isn't proof he's real. That's a talking point.

But at that moment wouldn't it be better to go for it? Why not?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl
I was wanting to know what goes through an Atheist's mind when they are facing the moment. Madalyn Murray O'Hair was a major Atheist. Do you get it now?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I was wanting to know what goes through an Atheist's mind when they are facing the moment. Madalyn Murray O'Hair was a major Atheist. Do you get it now?

I get that you are reveling in the death of another human.

I got the point you where trying to make from the start, made ham handedly with cruel disregard for the human condition.

Lets recount some more horrific crimes against your fellow human beings, what does it matter their personal belief.

Its a shameful attempt to spark discussion using tragedy to accentuate your point.

Which leaves me at, You are A. Attempting satire, B. Trolling, C. Genuine.

C. Being the most disturbing.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Why not ask an atheist how they would react if they were told they only had X amount of time to live? Why the gruesome, atheist to atheist murder thing?

How about little children who haven't been indoctrinated in Jesus yet, kidnapped and raped? What goes through their mind while dying? Hmm?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It seems that this topic is too difficult for you but I'll try one more time. All I am asking is what will you do in the moment?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
What will you do in the moment?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Even if someone does pray, they only ever end up praying to themselves. But it doesn't matter. It helps to give them strength.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I am not talking about close calls either. EOD stands for Explosive Ordinance Disposal which meant my job was more than just close calls. A good portion of the time I lived moments away from certain death. Perhaps when I said EOD stood for bomb squad in layman terms.

But to satisfy your curiosity I would say know she didn't call out to an imaginary creature facing death because when your facing it you don't just start believing in things. When I was hit by shrapnel that damn near took off my head I stayed conscious through the entire medivac airlift back and I though for sure I wasn't going to live. Not once did the thought of "god" pop into my mind. I thought about a lot of things but not things I considered to be imaginary. I mostly thought about my family, friends, why I couldn't see, and was trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

So IMO no she wasn't thinking about deities but she was probably scared, angry, confused, and in a lot of pain. Maybe you are happy about that.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I guess I'll do same thing I did last time I died. I'll wake up in a new body!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

He was just setting the scene. Your being over sensitive and I'm a fellow athiest.

Fair is fair.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The atheist is the foxhole will pray. If he hasn't found something better to pray to by then, perhaps vitality or loved ones, God may be his last resort for that is all he has ever connected with prayer. Luckily, there's no religious monopoly on prayer, and one can have good thoughts going through his mind in his last moments.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
My stepfather (when referring to this subject and who was in World War 2)...used to say "There are no Atheists in foxholes!" All usually cry as the bombs and bullets fly over and around them..."Oh God! Help me please!"

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

It seems that this topic is too difficult for you but I'll try one more time. All I am asking is what will you do in the moment?

You can postulate anything you would like,

as an example:

Lets say, you are being raped, right now, what would you do in that moment?

All I am asking is what will you do in that moment.

Do you see why one would wonder why would you expect any reasoning human to take that question seriously.

My question is why would you.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I'm an athiest but hell I might pray. It couldn't hurt. I mean logically the Christian account makes no sense and it's historical accuracy has been completely debunked. That said screw it.... Might be a good way for me to wish my daughter well and say good bye.

Homies premiss isn't offensive. It's a ligitamate question. He kinda over set the scene... But death is pretty overwhelming and the OP was tying to set an overwhelming scene.

IMHO y'all that are attacking are jumping the gun. He just can't imagine facing a crazy situation like that without the belief it'll all be for something. Honestly, if facing a situation like that, it would be nice to have a heaven waiting in ya. Doesn't mean there is.... But it's not a ridiculous question or response......

Your the intellectuals in the debate. The facts are on your side. So act like it.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I am not talking about close calls either. EOD stands for Explosive Ordinance Disposal which meant my job was more than just close calls. A good portion of the time I lived moments away from certain death. Perhaps when I said EOD stood for bomb squad in layman terms.

But to satisfy your curiosity I would say know she didn't call out to an imaginary creature facing death because when your facing it you don't just start believing in things. When I was hit by shrapnel that damn near took off my head I stayed conscious through the entire medivac airlift back and I though for sure I wasn't going to live. Not once did the thought of "god" pop into my mind. I thought about a lot of things but not things I considered to be imaginary. I mostly thought about my family, friends, why I couldn't see, and was trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

So IMO no she wasn't thinking about deities but she was probably scared, angry, confused, and in a lot of pain. Maybe you are happy about that.

No, I'm not happy about that at all. Thank you so much for your service for us as I have high respect for the men and women that serve in our forces

Thanks for giving me an honest answer. It seems that we hear many accounts of faith believing people and their NDEs but rarely Atheists. I'm really just wanting some info on this topic. The Moment is a big event for everyone and it seems that Atheists are a rare bird when it comes to accounts. The Moment is the end all or more?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: oblvion

Wait did this actually happen?

In the military there is a very wise saying, "there are no atheists in foxholes". Seeing how the military is in the business of death and danger, I think they would be the ones best suited to know somthing like this.

In situations like that people break down in such a way they cry out for anything that might comfort them. Mommy is a pretty popular foxhole plead too

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join