It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update: Officer Who Fatally Shot Dog Has Been Fired – For HIS Safety

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Remember this from a few days ago?

Well, here's a vid that tugs at the heart but the interesting parts to me are:

1. The farmer was forced to actually drown his dog to put him out of his misery because of the things stolen in the burglary were his guns, and the officer wouldn't even help to end the suffering.

2, The autopsy investigation:

"The Middleton family posted a copy of the autopsy results on the Facebook page Justice for Candy Middleton, in which the veterinarian states:

"In my estimation, based on my pathology findings, the trajectory of the bullet could best be described as caudal rostral, i.e. from the back of the head towards the nose. These findings suggest that Candy was shot while retreating from the shooter."

3. Shot in the BACK of the head?

What I see here is that a cop can pull up on any farm where dogs are most likely to be and open fire.

Fired for his own safety? I should hope so because the country side is a big place where dogs can be shot at will...or a cop might disappear as well.

KLTV reports that Dooley was fired today – but not because he killed a family pet: Sheriff David Traylor said that it was for Dooley’s safety because of threats. He added that it is the safest move for the department and the deputy. Dooley will not be able to return to work at the Rain’s County Sheriff’s Office regardless of the outcome of the investigation, which is currently ongoing. The deputy was placed on administrative leave on Wednesday. “That was a decision I know means saying at this point he is guilty of a criminal offense, but it is being investigated toward the criminal side right now,” Traylor said. www.activistpost.com...

From the Daily Sheeple:

“She’s barking when he pulls into the driveway letting me know someone’s at our house, an intruder is here, or a person who she would think was an intruder that she’s unfamiliar with. She’s barking. The officer gets out of his car, and all the while we’re headed up [there]. He gets out of his car and shoots my dog in my front yard.” - See more at: www.thedailysheeple.com...

And from KLTV:

www.kltv.com...
The homeowner says the dog was shot in the head. He begged the deputy to finish off his cowdog, named Candy, since the dog was suffering.“I was so upset. I went over there to her and she was still alive and I begged and pleaded with him to please shoot her again because I don’t have any firearms. They got stolen. He went and got in his vehicle and backed out of my driveway,” Middleton explained.

He asked for the cop to finish his dog off because he was suffering. What happens? The cop gets back in his vehicle leaving the farmer no choice but to drown his own dog in a bucket of water. I could only imagine the pain he went through in doing this.

Police are shooting dogs folks...Keep them away from this gang of criminals.

Peace

edit on 25-4-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

He's cool!

The next town over will hire him!

This is the police state we live in! Let the deniers say otherwise......

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

He's cool!

I have a feeling this isn't finished yet.

Peace

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This worthless excuse for a human being doesn't deserve to scrape scum off the bathroom floor at the local McDonald's let alone be a cop IMO. Tired of these jack booted pieces of excrement getting away with everything because they can hide behind a badge.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_
they can hide behind a badge.

Not for long.

Fire for HIS safety means that they know something might be coming back at him. A small police force in the Country gets the message...maybe?

Peace

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

One can only hope they got the message, but my guess is he will still be given a good reference when he moves to the next town and applies for another law enforcement position.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Typical cop now a days, can kill a helpless dog, but without his group of thugs for protection he needs to run away and hide. What a pathetic excuse for a human being.

I hope charges are brought against him and he has to go to the county jail with the people he has put away.....

Nah he will probably get off scott free.

edit on 25-4-2014 by JValhalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
good that he was fired i am a little surprised he was not promoted the way things have been lately

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Little chicken **** has hired a lawyer & is crying like a baby for his job back.

IMO ~ A boy like this ~ doesn't deserve to be carrying a gun or a badge.

Glad to hear he was fired! While some jail time in a prison for this boy would be appropriate - it wont happen. However, his face will be remembered and hopefully his career as in law enforcement is OVER!

edit on 25-4-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Jude...here is the Justice for Candy FB pg. With the video the owner made of a confrontation with the slime-bag that shot Candy. It's heart breaking, as the owner breaks down sobbing in the video...

Justice for Candy Middleton

This is the video of the Officers that Officer Dooley thought he needed for his backup. All i knew to do to defend myself was film the events. Notice Officer Hayes (far left mocking me and waving at the camera). WE were the victims and they treated us like criminals ( or worse). Notice Dooley (bald headed with sunglasses)with NO remorse! He said " I wasn't going to get bit!" Ridiculous!!!

www.facebook.com...

The video is now at 5,376 shares, including mine. I hope this asswipe never wears a badge again.

Des

edit on 25-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

He's cool!

Exactly. He will just be hired at a neighboring department. Justice for this criminal offense has not and will not be served.
Firepiston

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Wow, I feel bad for that guy. You can tell how much he cared about his dog. A majority of dogs will approach a stranger barking because it's there territory and they don't recognize the person approaching them. Just because a dog barks and is approaching you doesn't automatically mean it going to attack and bite.

This cop should have done exactly what the owner said he should have done. Get back in his car and wait until the owners arrived to set the dog at ease. I swear some of these cops just look for a chance to use their guns. This guy was distraught about losing his dog, and than they threaten to arrest him? Maybe instead cops should use pepper spray instead of being quick to use their gun. Postal carriers can handle dogs with pepper spray, why can't the police?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
Just because a dog barks and is approaching you doesn't automatically mean it going to attack and bite.

Ever see the Smoak video? The THP and Cookeville police let the dog out of the car, it was cavorting around and play bowing at the cops, one of them stuck the barrel of the shotgun in its mouth and blew its head to a mist.

Then they beat the # out of the guy for objecting.

It cost them about a half million for excessive force, but diddley for the dog, because there's no recourse against cops for killing dogs, even when it's the act of a total coward or a psychopath, as these LEOs obviously were. The juries had no remorse on them, even with the "coming right at me" and "armchair quarterback" defense. Of course, the compensation came from the taxpayers, and the cops shouldered the usual, $0.00.

This is why we need to be rid of IA and the police unions both, and have a civilian oversight that CANNOT empanel a former LEO, that has total say over the outcome. That day will never dawn, sadly. Alternatively, there needs to be a Federal licensure commission for LEOs, without which you can't enforce law, and it needs to be aggressive, beholden to no one and empowered to put LEOs on the sidewalk on the spot, up to and including entire police forces, sort of like JCAHO on steroids, that are incentivized by the number of LEOs they put on the skids. Then you wouldn't have dip#s like this guy going down the road to the next place. You'd have an independent review by a group you can't easily bribe or threaten with local politics, and at the end you lose your license if you're a screwoff. No one can hire you. Byeee!

Yes, mr dogshooter, we'd like your dash cam showing you being attacked...oh, sorry, mysteriously lost. Ok. Bite marks? Oh, none of those either. Shot it in the back of the head running away according to the necropsy...whoops. Oh, and you broke and entered? Did you have a warrant? Did you have exigence? What then was your excuse for entering the dwelling? Oh, none. Ok. Your license is revoked. You will never again work as a LEO. Dismissed.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

He asked for the cop to finish his dog off because he was suffering. What happens? The cop gets back in his vehicle leaving the farmer no choice but to drown his own dog in a bucket of water.

I find this statement incredibly bizarre and disturbing, especially the italicized part.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
Jude...here is the Justice for Candy FB pg. With the video the owner made of a confrontation with the slime-bag that shot Candy. It's heart breaking, as the owner breaks down sobbing in the video...

Justice for Candy Middleton

This is the video of the Officers that Officer Dooley thought he needed for his backup. All i knew to do to defend myself was film the events. Notice Officer Hayes (far left mocking me and waving at the camera). WE were the victims and they treated us like criminals ( or worse). Notice Dooley (bald headed with sunglasses)with NO remorse! He said " I wasn't going to get bit!" Ridiculous!!!

www.facebook.com...

The video is now at 5,376 shares, including mine. I hope this asswipe never wears a badge again.

Des

"We were the victims and they treated us like criminals"

...is the most telling message of where the cops mentalities are headed.

They see others across the Country getting away with paid leave or even promotions so now they know they can pull their weapons without worry. They can point them at us, kill our pets or even come into our houses mistakenly and kill us.

They are getting away with murder.

Not for too much longer I believe.

Peace

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaticusMaximus

originally posted by: jude11

He asked for the cop to finish his dog off because he was suffering. What happens? The cop gets back in his vehicle leaving the farmer no choice but to drown his own dog in a bucket of water.

I find this statement incredibly bizarre and disturbing, especially the italicized part.

It should be, but consider. He has no firearms to just put the dog out of its misery. The deputy refuses to finish the job, probably getting a chubby over the dog's misery, and just walks away. The dog's screaming with a hole in its head and an eyeball dangling out of where its face used to be, and scuffing around in circles on the ground.

What do you do?

There's no fixing it. No band-aid will get the job done. You can't take it to the vet, the deputy's forcibly keeping you there, and it can't be repaired anyway. This guy has just destroyed your dog, and broke into your house, and he's tripping on it.

And the dog is dying, slowly, in terrible pain. And then the other guys come up and do this smarmy mockery thing in the midst of it.

And the sad part is that these are "good" cops. And we're supposed to trust their judgement with our lives.
edit on 25-4-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
My heart goes out to this man for his loss, suffering, and healing.

I'm close to animals, not so much to people. My pets are my family, they're all I really have. Beyond them I’ve got nothing to lose. I don't believe I could have restrained myself had it been my dog. A deep reflection on karma, would have been my only suppressant.

"What we have done, the result of that comes to us whenever it comes, either today, tomorrow, hundred years later, hundred lives later, whatever, whatever. And so, it's our own karma. That is why that philosophy in every religion: Killing is sin. Killing is sin in every religion." --Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

edit on 25-4-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasoul

"Killing is sin in every religion." --Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

Well, that's certainly untrue, even with only a few moment's thought. But what I would expect from MMY.

It might be less wrong if he had said "Murder is sin in every religion", but even that would be incorrect. There are religions from his own country in which murder was considered a sacrifice to Kali.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I didnt read about the dog screaming with an eyeball hanging out... where is that?

However, assuming thats the case, and a gaping back to front large caliber bullet wound, what I find bizarre is that with all that trauma and imminent death from either exsanguination or autonomic functions shutting down due to damaged control centers, the farmer apparently had "no choice" but to stack on even more trauma and add some drowning into the mix.

If that dog was running around and screaming, Im sure it was done very little favor by wrangling it and shoving its head into a bucket of water forcibly.

If it was NOT running around and was passive, it was about to die anyway, and IMO should have been allowed to without additional trauma.

What I find bizarre, is the "no choice" sentiment here. There must have been massive, and continued, blood loss. The dog must have already been at deaths door knocking, and would soon have been let in. What is disturbing is that the farmer felt the need to throw it through deaths window before the door could be answered.

edit on 4/25/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaticusMaximus
a reply to: Bedlam

I didnt read about the dog screaming with an eyeball hanging out... where is that?

There are photos of the demised dog - and you've got the necropsy report. If you can translate medicalese, the face was mangled in that fashion. A soft-nosed bullet exiting the face as described would have done terrible damage, and the photo isn't pretty.

However, assuming thats the case, and a gaping back to front large caliber bullet wound, what I find bizarre is that with all that trauma and imminent death from either exsanguination or autonomic functions shutting down due to damaged control centers, the farmer apparently had "no choice" but to stack on even more trauma and add some drowning into the mix.

Ever kill something with a weapon? Sure, it'll die eventually. But consider, that's your DOG. You're standing there watching it flop around and scream. You might say "Oh well, eventually it will exsanguinate" but I'm betting it will be more like "OMG OMG OMG WHAT DO I DO OMG OMG OMG". His choice was to try to stop the dog from suffering somehow. But how? He has no firearm and the cop won't help. I'd say using a blade was probably a bit over the top as a rational choice at that moment, as well as strangling it.

But a lot of times you shoot something, it's not like TV where the person goes "Ya got me, ahhh" and his eyes close. It can be quite gruesome. And long. And awful. The deputy did it, he had the duty to finish it. But he pussed out on that, like the entire dog shooting thing.

eta: I'm actually almost surprised the deputy didn't get all "control of the situation-y" and make them get on their knees at gunpoint and watch the dog die, it would be typical for this sort of thing

etaa: You want something really awful and hard to watch the first time if you're a city kid, small batch hog processing would be your starting point. Dragging the thing into the air with a winch and slicing its throat will give you a new view on life. It doesn't just go "Oink...aaah" and perish. Dying can take a long time.

last edit I swear: There's a nice video of a cop shooting someone's pet because he got tired of trying to get it with a catchpole. It never really gets aggressive, it's playing most of the way. Then he shoots it in the head. It screams and flops around for a while, and then does something really sad - it sees the cop and goes to him for help. Lies there and licks him as it dies, wanting him to comfort it. The cop looks like "ew it's getting blood on my shoe".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join