It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Give You Control Over 2 Acres Of Land!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Inspired by the "Give me control of the planet" line of rant threads I thought I would jump on board and also give it a new spin!

So basically my plan is to give you 2 [imaginary] acres, of fertile farm and or woodland, to take care of yourself with for the rest of your life!

The rules are ... you're on your own for everything and you may not ever leave your plot of land for any reasons [any trespass incurs the death penalty]!

You may choose any type of cattle, fowl, fish and seeds to farm with!

You start with NO TOOLS and must source these things from your land by your own skills.

What type of land do you choose?

What type of food will you grow?

What type of tools can you make from scratch?

What rules will you live by on your land?

Would you take up the offer of living under such conditions on 2 acres of land?

BTW ... Yes this IS a RANT even though that may not be obvious just yet ... because I am betting most people would be horrified by such a prospect and that very thought disgusts me greatly and diminishes the whole of 'humanity' in my eyes!

Please prove me wrong!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

OP, this is just completely off the rails.

One couldnt even cultivate the land without tools, could never get those tools, because they dont have enough room for the mine, foundry, and black smith for just simple iron tools.

2 acres of land cannot sustain an adult human without tools. As even grains cant be cultivated, as you have no tools for even a worthless plow. Lets assume they get the grains planted and grown, they still cant mill them, and they dont have anytools to even get a decent mill stone to grind them.

Op I can usually at least play along in these kinds of threads, but what your proposing is simple suicide.

Just hand folks a gun and a bullet, why make them suffer for months of starvation first?
edit on 2014bFridayv3220144 by oblvion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

Thank you for your reply!

Stone age cave man had to start farming somehow and that it is not within your power to emulate that upsets me greatly!

I freely admit that I too would most likely be dead within a few months ... but I am still willing to try it to be FREE!

If you don't want to be free please go try out one of the other Control the Planet Rant threads as they set up entire legal systems for one to live as slaves under.

The only master in this thread is the harshness of mother nature herself!

edit on 25/4/2014 by DietJoke because: Edited to fix spelling.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
BS my dear. If I have the land and seeds, I can use a stick and some rocks to sew my land. 2 acres is more than enough to sustain an adult human- and their pets (be those humans or furry/feather friends).

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DietJoke

Thank you for your reply!

Stone age cave man had to start farming somehow and that it is not within your power to emulate that upsets me greatly!

I freely admit that I too would most likely be dead within a few months ... but I am still willing to try it to be FREE!

If you don't want to be free please go try out one of the other Control the Planet Rant threads as they set up entire legal systems for one to live as slaves under.

The only master in this thread is the harshness of mother nature herself!

The cave men lived in a world teaming with life, and most were hunter gatherers, which requires much more land than 2 acres.

It wasnt until we had tools that man could sustain themselves on a small patch of land.

2 acres is only roughly 3 football fields. That is just not enough land, especially without any tools, for an adult human to live.

You never mentioned anything about a water source either. Are we to hand dig a 350 foot well and then climb up and down it everytime we need a drink?

The walls will collapse killing you before you even get close to that depth, and you would die before you could dig it by hand anyways.

I just cant see any way that a human could live without tools on a random 2 acre patch. It is not possible in all but idea conditions.

If I have a 2 acre plot with a fresh water spring, and all of the perfect resources then yes I and many others could survive.

This is not the reality in 99% of cases though. Most of the land is not this ideal plot.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

your rules are arbitrary and un-natural

farming requires a community sharing many different skills - man is a communal animal

the only 'natural' existence would be hunter/gatherer which would require a lot more land than you allow

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DietJoke

The rules are ... you're on your own for everything and you may not ever leave your plot of land for any reasons [any trespass incurs the death penalty]!

Forgive me if I'm wrong but that doesn't leave much scope for eerrmmm procreation?
Maybe that's part of the plan? Unless you have some other inventive idea's?

Maybe you meant that individuals and their families have to stay on their own 2 acres and never leave ?.... but if that's the case I would have more than starvation to worry about!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
not impossible.. land should have a good soil and water source on a lake side or a fountain. Also there should be a good source of big stones ( not too hard stone ) for making a flour mill like they had in farm houses in 18th centuries

Of course a there should be a wood source too.
Corn doesn´t do well in north so i would plant oat ( members of family can´t eat wheat, rye or barley ), i would grow potatoes, cabbage, carrots, lettuce, onions, gherkin, rutabaga, radish, peas, tomatoes, few pumpkins and herbs..
As animals i would take at least 3 goats for dairy and for wool, 10 to 13 hens ( 1 hen produce an egg a day and in average man eats 5 eggs a week ) meat maybe 3 pigs.
Didn´t they estimated that food what is produced now take 1,37 acres per man

edit on 25-4-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
2 acres is not enough without tools or at least the supplies needed to make tools.

You would need at minimum, rope and metal and a bucket. This is assuming there are trees nearby.

Even with the proper tools would would need at least year to get the land where you could live on it without outside supplies. Even then, that is going to be a rough year, due to building shelter, fences for animals, preparing the land and growing and many other things.

2 acres would still be quite difficult. You need grazing land for cattle, land for crops, and more.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

This is not the reality in 99% of cases though. Most of the land is not this ideal plot.

I am happy to advise you of the contrary ...

Habitable land/Number of people= 2.3 Acres a person

Please read!

edit on 25/4/2014 by DietJoke because: Fixed broken quote tag.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

hmm do i get to buy and sell outside of land?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hushabye
BS my dear. If I have the land and seeds, I can use a stick and some rocks to sew my land. 2 acres is more than enough to sustain an adult human- and their pets (be those humans or furry/feather friends).

Ok I drop you off in siberia go at it. Or the the desert, or the mountains.......the truth is, most land is not your ideal perfect plot, and the OP never mentioned anything about the terrain of the plot.

Most of the earths surface is not very nice to a man with no tools.

We dont have the natural tools and defenses of the animals. We have to ability to use and make tools, this is what gave us the place we occupy at present.

It took a long time to build up to this level though, and the cave men without decent tools had a life expectancy of like 20 or something.

We weak and soft modern day humans.....LOL probably much less.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It could possibly be done. The cavemen though had generations to make discoveries and learn things to improve their quality of life. Although their quality of life was probably pretty low, and short life expectancy.

If it is "fantasy" land where you could pick any variety of land,water,trees,flora and fauna, and mineral deposits the main issue would be shelter. Unless you pick land with a giant diamond mine and trade the diamonds for goods and maybe a nice house trailer lol

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I'm in.

The type of land I'll choose is montains. Before growing veggies, I'd study what plants are already there and their properties. If you let me have one type of animal, I'll choose ginea pigs, they reproduce fast. Create tools from sticks and stones is possible.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'm finding these flag and star fishing expeditions a bit tiring.

You can give my two acres to someone else. No thanks.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

it's going to get very hard in the winter

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I thank every one for their replies!

Just reminding everyone that the OP states explicitly ...

That means exactly what is says and everything that implies such as but not limited to totally curtailing procreation and trade of any sort.

PLEASE Deeply contemplate that before replying ok!

To be ironic .. this freedom I am offering is going to cost you!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Maybe you didn't read the original post. I was replying to that situation.

"So basically my plan is to give you 2 [imaginary] acres, of fertile farm and or woodland, to take care of yourself with for the rest of your life!"

No one said anything about Siberia or the deserts. People should learn to listen to understand, rather than to reply.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

your not offering freedom - what you describe sounds like a prison to me

i repeat: man is a social animal
edit on 25-4-2014 by aynock because: filled out

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hushabye

Maybe you didn't read the original post. I was replying to that situation.

"So basically my plan is to give you 2 [imaginary] acres, of fertile farm and or woodland, to take care of yourself with for the rest of your life!"

No one said anything about Siberia or the deserts. People should learn to listen to understand, rather than to reply.

The OP only said 2 acres, he didnt make any qualifications at all.

There was also no mention of water, or the resources on the land.

If all possibilities exist, then all all possibilities exist. Including waterless land, as most of the land on earth does not have water on it.

Maybe underneath it, but no tools no well, so one must either be on a lake of stream or have a spring, or they die in a couple of days, experiment fail.

So I think my questioning it was very valid.

So maybe you should try not making assumptions, your making an ass out of U and mptions.....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join