It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welfare in the "Belle Province" and my decaying teeth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MauraDeCrapola
a reply to: Dimithae

Another good thing for a toothache is the Spilanthes plant. You can grow it yourself and have it on hand for when you
need it. It will numb the area and lessen the pain of a tooth ache.

Astragalus root is wonderful for killing the infection it has controlled the symptoms of my Lyme disease as long as i don't forget to take it I do ok.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I am all for a social net to help the poorest, but this is not fair.
a reply to: Golantrevize

Who ever told you life was fair??

Someone who contributes nothing to society gets his dentals covered 100% while I have to endure this hell because I am in the "middle class"

The median income in Quebec is more than 30k a year...I would suggest that you spend less and save more. Get yourself some 3rd party dental insurance.

Coverage will cost you, on average in Quebec about $75 a month

Source

However....here's what the Canadian Dental Association has to say about your plight...

If you do not have a dental plan and cannot afford to pay your entire bill at once, ask your dentist about a payment plan. If you cannot afford care, even with a payment plan, contact the nearest:

*Social services agency to see if you qualify for government-funded dental care

*Dental school where senior dental students provide treatment at a reduced cost

Dental services may seem expensive. In Canada, we don't have to pay directly when we visit a doctor or hospital, so we may not realize the high cost of providing health services. Overhead costs are high for dentists. They have staff, equipment and other operating costs.

The good news is that you can avoid costly dental treatment by brushing, flossing and visiting your dentist regularly for a dental exams. Regular dental exams cost money, but they are less expensive than fixing serious dental problems that stem from neglect.

Source

Hope that helps.

edit on 25America/Chicagopm252014-04-25T15:26:19-05:00pmFriday04 by deadcalm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
In the states even the poor are out of luck if you don't have the thousands of dollars for a dentist. I've been dealing with 4 rotten molars for a few years now and it's a pain.... literally. Or was.

Sodium naproxin (Alleve) is one of the best pain killers out there, but, oddly, high dose vit C has killed my infection and kept anymore from developing... and I have gaping holes from abscesses and one half of a tooth... so I should be very sick and in pain because our mouths are bacteria pits...but I'm not.

It took about 70 grams of decent C powder, in total, to knock out the initial abscess (my face was huge and the pain extraordinary) taken over 8 hours in many doses (every dose an hour apart just shy of the amount of C that results in diarrhea) ... but the pain was better within two hours and then the swelling went down and whenever it flares up again I increase my vit C for a day.

All I know is I haven't taken any antibiotics or painkillers in a year ... and my molars are junked. So while I'd recommend paying for a dentist, the vit C is a cheap option... what can I say... it works.... for me, anyway.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Please look up the thread here from last year on Liposomal Vitamin C. It is inexpensive to make. I have been making it and taking 1.5 oz in the morning and another 1 oz in the afternoon for over 10 months now. I would never go back to not taking it. A one oz dose is equivalent to approximately 750 mg of pure vitamin C bypassing your gut and going straight to your cells.

It has cured my muscle aches, stopped colds and flu "cold" in their tracks and given me tons more energy than I had previously.

Costs:
1- Ultrasonic Cleaner $ 30.00 on Ebay
1- 227gram bottle of pure ascorbic acid powder NOW brand (Pure Vitamin C powder) $ 15.00 at my local natural health store. Lasts me about 2 months.
1- 0.25kg bag of soy lecithin granules from same health store $ 5.00. Lasts also about 2 months. I keep it in freezer to avoid spoilage.
1- 4 litre bottle of distilled (reverse osmosis) pure water $1.29 at any grocery and most drug stores. You MUST use distilled water. Lasts about 2 months also.

My recipe:
Pour 1 cup distilled water into large measuring cup. Add 3 level tablespoons of soy lecithin granules and let stand for half an hour to dissolve the granules.

Pour 1/2 cup distilled water into small measuring cup and add 1 level tablespoon of pure ascorbic acid.

After half an hour mix the ascorbic acid mixture into the soy lecithin mixture and blend with hand blender for one minute.

Pour this one and a half cup mixture into clean ultrasonic cleaner that has not been used for cleaning jewelery.

Turn on the ultrasonic cleaner and vibrate the mixture for about 15 minutes. (My machine auto shuts off after 8 minutes so I do two rounds) while stirring with a non reactive stirrer (plastic straw or wooden spoon).

You know it is ready when you no longer have any foam at the top of the mixture.

Mixture will stay fresh in the fridge for about a week. I always use mine up before then.

This process allows encapsulation of the vitamin c molecules inside the soy lecithin molecules. When ingested the soy lecithn encapsulated vitamin c passes through your gut taking the vit c directly to your cells avoiding the breakdown of the vit c in your stomach. This is very high dose vitamin c. Best to start out with an ounce and see how you feel. I once took 4 ounces and got the runs. 1 1/2 oz in the morning and another 1 oz in the afternoon is perfect for me. BTW it tastes pretty awful. Kinda fishy tasting. I chase with an oz of water. You get used to it.

Here is a link to the original discoverer of this technique Brooks Bradley's info:

Brooks Bradly Liposomal Vitamin C

Here is the link to the original ATS thread where I first learned of this:

ATS Liposomal Vitamin C thread

Cheers, Blue Wolf

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
When it comes to dental and medical, we need a world in which every single person is covered. Dental and medical care is a necessity and ragging on the poor or vulnerable is not the solution. Its refusing to obey unjust laws, handing in notice of firing to politicians non a regular basis, and refusing to vote for anyone that is not going to implement this.
No monthly payments, just covered.

Ive been there and now am about to get partials. Was in agony over it. You need antibiotics and pain medication. And emergency dental.
edit on 26-4-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I hear you dude. Today, one of my teeth literally broke off at the gum. It sucks. I spent over 10 grand on my teeth when business was booming, and I barely made a dent. I am regretting that I just didn't have them yank them all and get some dentures, I am not old, only 32. LAst bad tooth I ended up yanking myself, was not fun or pretty. The shine I used of course didn't help, I bled all over the place. This tooth snapped at around the gumline, can't reach that with pliers. Don't know what I am gonna do about it.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
When it comes to dental, the technology is basic, and there are many trained to do this. In other words, its absolutely obscene that its not automatically shared. When there is a solution, when technology advances, it has to be for all.

My back teeth cracked down low, but not completely off. You need your back teeth , choking hazzard otherwise, and know those who have choked to death personally. The solutions for loss seem to be partials or pegs, if its beyond a crown.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Caroline13456

Yeah, I've switched to a lot less liposomal... a few grams worth of liposomal C does it... but I didn't want to write a book! Look out that the water you use is very pure and the apparatus is very clean (and without cleaner residue/chems), because if real liposomes are made, then every impurity present (besides the c) will be carried past your body's defenses; the digestive and immune systems.

Most people don't think of that... in fact it took some guy online to make me aware of this. Liposomal technology is cool but it injects the substance it surrounds straight into the cells, so be sure the stuff you are injecting is pure and clean!

Most homemade liposomal C doesn't have many true liposomes and is more of an emulsion... but be careful with what you're making just in case! Either way, the C is great and many people look at you like you're crazy when you bring it up, heh... why I'm not sure, though Linus Pauling got gutted in the media.

Wish I had the money for implants though.

edit on 4/26/2014 by Baddogma because: type-os

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

And yes, Unity... if we were an 'adult' species, these necessities would be freely given ... in fact, many have yet to learn that helping our fellow creatures is all that matters.

Someday, hopefully...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Check ths out:
(The ATS member Stirling mentioned clove oil in an earlier post)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I've tried on pain, oil of oregano, also for some of the infection. But I have to say, antibiotics work. For one time, in the last few years, had to go to the hospital after a week alot of pain, and get a shot, because the swelling was affecting my brain. In any case, got a prescription from the doctor for something that is the Ibprofen family, but stronger. And took T1's. Other times alternated with 3 gel ibprofen and 2 T1's, spacing it for 3 X a day. These things worked.

And the issue went away, with broken teeth for two years until I was able to get the children their dental. They're covered, I'm not. But my ex finally paid his back amount on child support and I got enormous amount of dental work done and am now getting partials.

And it's something that should be for all including pegs which is what I'm going to save for to replace the partials.

Teeth extraction is not overly expensive, and even cavaties. Crowns and root canals are a little more.

Also most don't do payments, but some can be talked into a lay away plan, where you put the money in for a couple months, after getting the swelling and pain taken care of with strong meds and antibiotics. Then they do the job.

And big city dentists have lots of clientele. Small town ones, are looking for patients.
edit on 26-4-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
I have heard an old native trick was to swish gasoline around the tooth and it kills the nerve....?? don't really recommend it tho....
Oil of cloves is supposed to be effective...
Sell your skateboard and get them pulled maybe? or anything else of value...
Tough choice my friend...

I went to a French dentist and they put something like that in my tooth to kill the nerve. It also had the side effect of killing the teeth on either side
When my NHS dentist did the repair work both the dentist and her assistant just about took two steps backward from the fumes when the cap was removed.

For an emergency extraction, you can go down to E&R and say that you are in incredible intense pain.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

quit!

tell your boss you need some personal time, quit, go on welfare and get your teeth done, then go back to work.

too easy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join