It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ridley Scott to make series about ancient aliens in Egypt

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

. I never understood how or why a civilization would purposely settle in a place so barren, although it is feasible considering the Nile river is there

from what I understood, the Nile was very fertile and green in those days. Then the aliens came and ruined it.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

One needs not only a lifetime of education in the field of archaeology, but also in ancient history, architecture, chemistry, biology and physics, astrology, astronomy etc. to fully grasp the reality of this ancient wonder we know as the great pyramid.

Are you qualified to your own very high standard to grasp the reality you're talking about?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
I wonder what he'll try to bring that's new and different to the table?

Nice camerawork.

2nd

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I'd rather see a series about the Nephilim and how their downfall came about.

Maybe to religious for a series though. But then again, back then...everybody was pretty much a Pagan of some sort or other.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Ridley Scott is one of my heroes. It's gonna be good.

Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
Will everyone have normal haircuts in this one?

I told my wife about the new series and her first response was, "If he doesn't get the guy with the hair, I'm not watching it!"

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

The topic makes for an interesting show, I hope they challenge the traditional school of thought by providing contradictory evidence and facts instead of just focusing on imagining scenarios involving aliens and pyramids.

The big 3 pyramids at Giza were out of the league of dynastic Egypt. They must be older. I think the pyramids were modified after rediscovery by ancient dynastic Egypt, attempts were made to replicate them and understand them in ancient times.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
REALLY looking forward to seeing it

Let's hope it's the precursor to a new movie about the suns gods

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: On7a7higher7plane

The topic makes for an interesting show, I hope they challenge the traditional school of thought by providing contradictory evidence and facts instead of just focusing on imagining scenarios involving aliens and pyramids.

Well its an HBO drama not a documentary series so imagining scenarios involving aliens and pyramids is probably exactly what it will be.

As such, it will probably be far more entertaining than another History Channel AA documentary hour.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

You know it! Wormhole Xtreme is coming to the big screen!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the head's up. I'll look forward to it.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I put no faith in this theory.
But that doesn't mean I have no interests either.

SnF

edit on Rpm42514v212014u21 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: conundrummer

One needs not only a lifetime of education in the field of archaeology, but also in ancient history, architecture, chemistry, biology and physics, astrology, astronomy etc. to fully grasp the reality of this ancient wonder we know as the great pyramid.

Are you qualified to your own very high standard to grasp the reality you're talking about?

You seem to be confused conundrrumer.

I (unlike said professor and others) am not claiming to be qualified to judge the pyramid.

No one person can make such an ignorant claim, not yet anyway!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Could this be another form of Disclosure for the masses?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Maybe not aliens... there is evidence that the Ancient Egyptians were manipulating the Nile and this could have drastically changed things on a scale of a great magnitude. They manipulated the landscape and the water flow to meet the needs of the day. The effects of this overtime would of been drastic.

Just a civilization popping up in an area in its self would cause a massive change, but on top of that we have evidence that they were controlling, changing and manipulating with intent just as we do today.

Think about the impact the changes had on areas around it. One small change in river flow could have massive impacts in another area that may have flourished prior to the change. That one small change would impact everything around it and it.

leolady

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Yay ! A new show... looking forward to it.

:-)
leolady

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Well I'm looking forward to what rabbit he pulls out the hat.

*Sorry beezz

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd

originally posted by: SLAYER69
And since the world’s greatest archeologists can’t seem to come up with any answers, we must once again turn to television to solve the mysteries of the universe.

That line right there is why I wont watch it. If archaeologists and scientists can't figure it out, how is a biased TV program going to figure it out. I believe it is going to be the same old stuff as any other tv show.

Now if one of these shows went into detail about how tesla got his Idea for transmitting free wireless energy around the world from the Great Pyramid....... Then I might watch it.

But this is most likely going to be the same regurgitated garbage that we have seen in all those bs shows on history and truetv etc.

I'd hope they explore why both the Egyptians and Aztecs all got into the pyramid building business. And especially how the Egyptians also had a trade deal with the Nubians (Nub = Gold in Egyptian) who owned the gold mines, and exchanged raw gold ore for Egyptian gold jewelry.

en.wikipedia.org...

Then there is a the Turin Papyrus map, which literally is an Egyptian treasure map from 1800BC

traveltoeat.com...

They were able to produce 1 ton of gold each year, with about 8000 people. The Pharoah would actually lead expeditions to produce gold, just like those reality TV shows for modern gold miners.

Egyptian wasn't barren in those days - they were grazing and breeding cattle in order to feed the pyramid builders. They went through tonnes of food every day. In the link above, they explore a harbor that became infiled by desert sand. They found caves with ropes, stone slabs dedicated to every successful boating expedition.
edit on 26-4-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Saw this on the news last night, I'm pretty excited!!

There are a multiple reasons why this show will be a good one, Ridley Scott's involvement reassures me that this will be a quality show, I'm a fan of much of his other work so maybe that makes me biased

HBO is a perfect fit for this show, they put on quality productions. As a reader and super fan of A Song of Ice and Fire I was nervous about how Game if Thrones would turn out as a TV show. HBO has killed it and in a good way.

If this program would have been picked up say in network television I wouldn't be so sure about the outcome of it.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

. I never understood how or why a civilization would purposely settle in a place so barren, although it is feasible considering the Nile river is there

from what I understood, the Nile was very fertile and green in those days. Then the aliens came and ruined it.

Ive never read or heard anywhere that et's ruined the nile.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join