It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypersonic AJAX (AYAKS) info

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dima
american mad man, everything russia has is a copy of american things, jeeze, so biased, just stop it, its really making me sick, seriously

anyways, i searched on google and i found no evidence that china and russia will co-operate to construct a carrrier, the only carrier plans for china right now, is to buy them from russia, so i'm not sure

as for the AJAX geting up in the sky, i'm not ure, but its not going to be the method used to launch a rocket, i think it will be the conventional method, the runway

oh and the AJAX was started in the Soviet era, so it will come out in a few years, not 10 or 20 years from now

Wow thats dumb, China bought the Russian CVNs for examination and study. We are building our own.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
I don't know if the US could find enough things to spend 25% of its GDP on....

The national deficit maybe?

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Dima
isn't the aurora supposed to be shaped like a triangle?, 3 points?

kinda.....The main reason people think it is triangle looking is only because of where the lights are placed.

Dima
except the AJAX will come out before 2020 and the B-3 will come out in 2037 if it ever does, thats kinda long time for them to go from B-2 to B-3, i thoughht they'd replace the B-2 in maybe 2020-2025

They made that time table awhile back and they are currently revising is based on China's growing military status. There are currently several bombers on the drawing boards (to be released before 2020).

AMM
That looks an awful lot like some of the Aurora renderings I have seen. Obviously this has a lot to do with the restraints of aerodynamics at such speeds.

Yep.....All hypersonic concepts that you see will all have there simularities, the big one being its shape (a wedge), because if its an air breathing engine you need the long nose directing the air where to go and they will most likely put the air intake on the bottom of the craft for landing reasons.

Dima
oh and the AJAX was started in the Soviet era, so it will come out in a few years, not 10 or 20 years from now

Wanna bet...? The US will reveal a hypersonic plane before Russia or China (oh, and i'm talking real world operational, not small demonstrators like the X-43).

Dima
as for the AJAX geting up in the sky, i'm not ure, but its not going to be the method used to launch a rocket, i think it will be the conventional method, the runway

If they are (which I highly doubt) planning for a carrier version they would have to use rockets.

[edit on 5-12-2004 by Murcielago]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
yea, that S-37 vs. F-22 is kinda getting me depressed and anoyed because everyone's ganging up on me, that pussy kruchsev bailed out on us accusing me, i ahte that guy, he accuses me when he doesn't do anything himself, anyways, its time to relax and peacefully respond to these posts, nice and s-l-o-w

blackout, i couldn't agree more about u're post, america should really stop cutting taxes and actually increase them because u're debt is absolutely incredible, 70% of the total worlds' debt, if u were to compare it to the percentage of the economy, it would look like this

economy debt percentage
America $10.99 trillion $1.4 trillion 12.74%
Russia $1.282 trillion $175.9 billion 13.72%

it is still more than america's, but has reduced since it was worth 90% in 1998, so thats a good sign, yet america's keep growing, its really scary u guys have to do something

these new shapes for hypersonic airplanes are incredibly, absolutely i luv them so much, triangles galore, I LUV TRIANGLES

america has a hypersonic aircraft coming out before AJAX, which one, post link

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hey Dim I'm still here Strikeing back for Rus so don't count me OUT did you get my U2U mail if u did mail me back on U2U your respons? anyways Intelegent Question #1. Who does The U.S. owe $1 Trillion to anyways?

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
i'm not really sure, but its cumulative debt, so, this is their total external debt, this originates from their trade defeciet, because they import nrearly twice as much as they export, k here's an explanation

Public Debt: now, america's public debt is worth 62.4% of their GDP which is a major amount, now they get this from spending too much compared to the amount that they can generate from taxes, example the US spends $2.156 trillion yet, from taxes and internal "cash makers" they only make $1.782 trillion so annually they have a defecit of $374 billion, now thats public debt

External Debt:now, external debt amounts to $1.4 trilion, this is decided by the trade outcome, if america imports more than they export, then they have a trade defecit, if they export more than they important, they have a trade surplus, but, for the past 15 years, america has had a trade defecit, their imports amount to %1.26 trillion, while their exports amount to $714.5 billion, which is comparative to 56.7% of america's importas, which means that their imports are nearly twice as much as exports, now the trade defecit is $545.5 billion annually

on the contrary, russia has a public debt of 34.1% and has a budget surplus because revenues equal $83.99 billion and expenditures equal $73.75 billion, their external debt is $175.9 billion, but they have a trade surplus, because their imports are $74.8 billion and their exports are $134.4 billion, which makes i the exact opposite to the american one, they ahve twice as many exports as imports

another interesting thing, russia's foreign exchange and gold reserves have increased to $76.94 billion, up from about $20 billion in 2003 while america's only $ 85.94 billion, slightly ahead

i'm not sure i got u're u2u, i'll go check now

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
but i do know that Saudi Arabia owns 7% of america which is the equivalent of $769.3 billion in investments

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Knowing the Russians, they will have their Hypersonic jet in the air before the US...I don't think the US cares as much in having hypersonic aircraft when fighting T.W.A.T. (The War Against Terror)
sorry, that was a bit crude...

But then again, the Americans are overly patriotic and would just have a hypersonic jet for feeding their prop-aganda...

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

That being said, the US is already ahead in the Hypersonic race, having already hit Mach 10 with the Hyper X

and Russians hit their mach 15, big deal

more speed does not mean more advanced

MagnetoGasoDynamic generators anyone?

QUOTE: Interview with Ivan Sergeyevich Krutov
"The fifth picture he describes as: �This is the �Ayaks� aerospace vessel. It can fly both in the atmosphere and space. It uses the MGD-generator to produce energy, which will be enough to light a medium-sized city. Its maximum speed in the atmosphere is near to Mach 50. (yes, 50 sonic speeds, almost twice faster than it is required to go to space)�"

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
holy crak, thats some pretty serious # right there, Mach 50, thats unbelievable, so it will fly in the mesosphere?

when did russia hit Mach 15, i've never heard of it, was it documented? or was it another secret thing? at SAratov secret airbase

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by titus

That being said, the US is already ahead in the Hypersonic race, having already hit Mach 10 with the Hyper X

and Russians hit their mach 15, big deal

more speed does not mean more advanced

"The fifth picture he describes as: �This is the �Ayaks� aerospace vessel. It can fly both in the atmosphere and space. It uses the MGD-generator to produce energy, which will be enough to light a medium-sized city. Its maximum speed in the atmosphere is near to Mach 50. (yes, 50 sonic speeds, almost twice faster than it is required to go to space)�"

Links? You cant say all that with no links.

I know nothing of the MGD Generator, what is its combustion process, or is it some type of more exotic propulsion method?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

I know nothing of the MGD Generator, what is its combustion process, or is it some type of more exotic propulsion method?

Murcielago, this comes from a lengthy diatribe on a Russian forum. Flawless victories of Soviet technology, etc. The Ayaks part is at the bottom of the post. I recommend reading the entire post if you have time, it's quite entertaining.

You can find it here:

www.politicsforum.org...

I will let people draw their own conclusions.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

as from my understanding its a system that converts enormous heat energy generated during flight into electricity and other usable energy types.

(PS: since that guy is very proud of himself and his country, i can say that his 'mach 50' thingy is somewhat not realistic, though still it may be true. generally accepted top speed is mach 16.5)

Original Link

anyone who reads russian, please help.... to translate 3rd and 4th paragraph on this page. electronic translation just brings out alot of garbage.

basically in those paragraphs is says: MGD Generator (MHD Generator, in english) converts kinetic/heat energy into wide spectrum of usable energy types that may be used onboard for various tasks. for plasma generator for example, cold plasma is generated around the craft increasing top speed by up to 20%. total energy generated by MGD Generator is 100 MegaWatts

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: engineer

Not to mention...

Dima, are Russia and China planning to build an aircraft carrier so they will have something to fly the carrier version from?

I mean, Russia has the Kuznetsov, but it has only deployed once, and that was in 1995. I'm not too sure how the Ajax will take to a ski-jump launch...China has a helo carrier, but nothing to launch a fixed wing AC.

Maybe they can build a great big VLS and launch it like a missile? Of course landing might be a little problematic...

Although this thread is almost 20 years old, China resumed construction of the unfinished Varyag after acquiring it in 2002, completing it in 2011 and renaming it the Liaoning when the ship entered service with the People's Liberation Army Navy in September 2012. Russia years ago conceived the Shtorm aircraft carrier as a successor to the Admiral Kuznetsov carrier, but that carrier project has not been approved for full-scale development so far.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join