It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypersonic AJAX (AYAKS) info

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Here is russian page translated to english: Link

here we go:

china signed agreement, in 2001, to develop AJAX with russia
estimated cost of AJAX program - $70-80 million a year
that thing is estimated to come out in 2011-2016 years, when US one is 2013 - 2015

speed - Mach 14-16
range - 10,000 km to 14,000 km

there are 3 versions of AJAX:
- hypersonic carrier aircraft
- hypersonic multipurpose aircraft
- hypersonic transport aircraft

Tansport:

Multipurpose:

this is just some info, FYI

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Nice plane, but why would Russia need a hypersonic transport? Wouldn't that be expensive for one flight? As for multipurpose that sounds like an excellent idea. I'm thinking that sharing the designs with China isn't such a good idea. All China can provide is the money and maybe materials. Too bad the Russians don't want it too be exclusive.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
I'm thinking that sharing the designs with China isn't such a good idea. All China can provide is the money and maybe materials. Too bad the Russians don't want it too be exclusive.

in article it said that russia is fully capable to support the project themselves, but IMO they are sharing with china mostly to get funding while Rus spend their money on something else

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I'm thinking that sharing the designs with China isn't such a good idea. All China can provide is the money and maybe materials. Too bad the Russians don't want it too be exclusive.

sometimes its good to share idea's
that way they can improve things to make things perform better
( you would be getting knowledge on things that can be useful )
and they can share the burdin of building components

the design for this looks good
very streamline < only reason i like it

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by titus

in article it said that russia is fully capable to support the project themselves, but IMO they are sharing with china mostly to get funding while Rus spend their money on something else

lol, you have way to much confidence in Russia. Russia would never be able to build it in a cost productive matter. Russia has never really had the money. During the Cold War the US spent about 3%-4% of the GDP on defence. Russia spent about 25%. Just image what the US could do with 25% of its GDP.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
lol, you have way to much confidence in Russia. Russia would never be able to build it in a cost productive matter. Russia has never really had the money.

During the Cold War the US spent about 3%-4% of the GDP on defence. Russia spent about 25%. Just image what the US could do with 25% of its GDP.

its not me, its russians themself who are saying that. if russia really NEVER had money, then where from those new ICBMs and all other goodies are comming from?

yes i imagine, but us was happy with their 3-4%.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I don't know if the US could find enough things to spend 25% of its GDP on....

I mean, that would be like 3 trillion dollars.

Ahhh, who am i kidding - the US would come up with some revolutionary idea to spend that money on.

I'm thinking giant mutant crabs with laser cannons

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I remember seeing this project AJAX mentioned on tv awhile back.It's supossedlly a magnetohydrodynamic propulsion hypersonic aircraft.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I find it very revealing that the original Russian article linked to in the first post says that the Ajax is in answer to the American "Aurora".

If that was information the Russian author of the article got from some Russian official, then that certainly puts a different perspective on the lay-persons search for official confirmation of Aurora's existence.

While not a true confirmation, it could indicate that the Russian gov't, which has access to sat photos and intel on US aerospace research facilities and projects, believes the Aurora exists....

interesting....

Natalie~

[edit on 30-11-2004 by intelgurl]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

this thing is just HOT

[edit on 30-11-2004 by titus]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PARALYZ
I remember seeing this project AJAX mentioned on tv awhile back.It's supossedlly a magnetohydrodynamic propulsion hypersonic aircraft.

MHD propultion? yes, that is true.

it also uses cold plasma to boost its top speed by 10-20% by reducing air drag.

IMO, this is an VERY ADVANCED project

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
those new pics that u provided titus look absolutely sick, seriously, i'm so excited just waiting frthis plane to come out

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
very nice.

Shes a mean looking bird.

I haven't seen that model for it - it kinda looks like a concorde on steroids!

It seems you Russian guys will have something to compare with these:

Aurora

B-3 Bomber

And, the mother of them all, Hypersoar

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
isn't the aurora supposed to be shaped like a triangle?, 3 points?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Please continue to talk on this topic, just posting an old ATS thread on this that may shed some new information that hasn't been readily discussed in this present topic thread:
Russian "AJAX" hypersonic aircraft project

seekerof

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
except the AJAX will come out before 2020 and the B-3 will come out in 2037 if it ever does, thats kinda long time for them to go from B-2 to B-3, i thoughht they'd replace the B-2 in maybe 2020-2025

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
We shall see, but I also think you should take into consideration that the AJAX time line might be a bit ambitious as well.

I mean, nowadays it takes 15 years to put out a new fighter, mush less an aircraft that is going to double your previous high speed using a new type of propulsion and at a much higher altitude then normal

That being said, the US is already ahead in the Hypersonic race, having already hit Mach 10 with the Hyper X

That looks an awful lot like some of the Aurora renderings I have seen. Obviously this has a lot to do with the restraints of aerodynamics at such speeds.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
We shall see, but I also think you should take into consideration that the AJAX time line might be a bit ambitious as well.

Not to mention...

Dima, are Russia and China planning to build an aircraft carrier so they will have something to fly the carrier version from?

I mean, Russia has the Kuznetsov, but it has only deployed once, and that was in 1995. I'm not too sure how the Ajax will take to a ski-jump launch...China has a helo carrier, but nothing to launch a fixed wing AC.

Maybe they can build a great big VLS and launch it like a missile? Of course landing might be a little problematic...

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
american mad man, everything russia has is a copy of american things, jeeze, so biased, just stop it, its really making me sick, seriously

anyways, i searched on google and i found no evidence that china and russia will co-operate to construct a carrrier, the only carrier plans for china right now, is to buy them from russia, so i'm not sure

as for the AJAX geting up in the sky, i'm not ure, but its not going to be the method used to launch a rocket, i think it will be the conventional method, the runway

oh and the AJAX was started in the Soviet era, so it will come out in a few years, not 10 or 20 years from now

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dima
american mad man, everything russia has is a copy of american things, jeeze, so biased, just stop it, its really making me sick, seriously

Did i say that - i said it looks like renderings of the Aurora - AND THEN STATED THAT IT WOULD HAVE TO BE BECAUSE OF AERODYNAMICS!!!!!!!!

Is the "S-37 up there with F/A-22" thread getting you down my man?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join