It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Democratic congressman secretly collude with IRS's Lois Lerner to gather information on conserv

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
New e-mails show Maryland Democratic Rep. Elijah Cummings asked the IRS for dirt on True the Vote, a tea party-linked group in Houston, Texas

The Republican chairman of the House Oversight Committee claimed Wednesday that his Democratic counterpart secretly colluded with the Internal Revenue Service to bring about the targeting of conservatives that has gripped politics-watchers for nearly a year.

If true, it would mark the first involvement of an elected politician in a nearly year-long scandal that involved the IRS breaking the law and playing political favorites.

California Rep. Darrell Issa charged in a letter that Maryland Rep. Elijah Cummings put a nonprofit tea party group called True the Vote on the IRS's radar by asking the tax agency for information about the organization's activities and its growing corps of volunteers.

Source

Lerner became personally involved with Cummings' requests in January 2013 when she asked Holly Paz, an underling, 'Did we find anything?' Getting a negative response, Lerner told Paz to 'check tomorrow please.'

Three days after that exchange, Cummings received the tax return copies. He never shared them with Republicans on the committee, something Issa says he had an obligation to do.

A year later, Cummmings denied during a committee hearing that he had worked with the IRS to target True the Vote

edit on 24-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Remember the uproar the day Issa cut Cummings off from the mike????

Cummings of course used the Race card, but I think Issa already knew this and that is why he slammed Cummings!

Purely a hypothesis on my part but.........

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: snarky412

Remember the uproar the day Issa cut Cummings off from the mike????

Cummings of course used the Race card, but I think Issa already knew this and that is why he slammed Cummings!

Purely a hypothesis on my part but.........

Yeah, instead of the 'Get out of Jail' free card

It's let's play the 'Race Card' to get everyone to shut up and leave me alone

It's taking awhile, but it's slowly starting to unravel
Wonder if Lerner will sing like a canary one day or keep her mouth shut

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Here's a video of the "Congressman" going into that wild tirade recently .....

The palpitating and fibrillating starts about 1/2 way through....
Darrell Issa And Elijah Cummings Get In Heated Exchange During IRS Hearing

Think he's a wee bit nervous about something ?

Don't worry pal, Lois will take some heat, but not all of it I bet when they offer her a "deal" to sing like a canary.

And He's been hiding things....and doing bad things to people.....
Catherine Engelbrecht files formal ethics complaint against Elijiah Cummings for intimidation

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh yeah, the guilt in him is shining through. LOL

And speaking of Engelbrecht:

In addition to written IRS demands from Lerner and other IRS officials, Engelbrecht found herself hectored with sudden on-site visits from several other government agencies after her organization filed its application for so-called 501(c)(4) status, a designation that would allow it to operate tax-free while providing a benefit to the public.

One by one the FBI; the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; the Occupational Health and Safety Administration; and the Texas Commission on Environment Quality – an partner organization of the federal Environmental Protection Agency – descended on her with written demands and licenses to inspect her property.

ATF demanded to see her family's firearms.

Man, what a bunch of thugs/bullies we have in this administration !!

top topics

join