It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Haven Michigan, possible mass grave found (Alien origin?)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
So I have some family in Grand Haven, and I came across this information through the dreaded Facebook. On the page of the Coal Tipple, there is a picture (included below) of what looks to me to be some routine maintenance, but apparently one of the workers stumbled upon the first body...

This is the picture shown on the Tipple's Facebook page:

Accompanied by this text (emphasis mine):

MASS-GRAVE UNEARTHED NEAR COAL TIPPLE
Grand Haven City officials have yet to make any formal comment, but according to sources near the investigation, a large number of mysterious corpses, possibly of alien origin, were discovered this morning near the Grand Haven Coal Tipple, on a strip of land now owned by the GH Yacht Club. The Grand Haven Tribune will be reporting in tomorrow's edition that a Yacht Club maintenance worker found the first body while replacing a section of the marina's wooden walkway. Wishing to remain anonymous, the worker claims that within an hour of his initial 911 call, more than a dozen strange bodies were uncovered and removed from the site by Federal authorities. City Hall has so far refused to comment, but local Police Chief Brody is assuring local residents and tourists that our beaches will be open this summer, Grand Haven is still a safe place to visit, and in the event the Tipple presents a public safety issue, it is at a safe distance from the beach and other highly trafficked areas.

Wasn't the sheriff in Jaws named Brody? I'm sure it's only a coincidence...haha...

This is what the Home Page holds.

I know it would be very easy to make this up. Grand Haven is a big tourist area, and the beaches are getting ready to be back in full swing. The possibility of this being a hoax/publicity stunt is pretty high IMO.

There are lots of stories about UFO's and strange electromagnetic disturbances in and around the tipple. A quick Google search shows you a few lines of what another page dedicated to the Grand Haven tipple holds:

First Google result

retired, with no healthcare plan...historic landmark (and possible alien artifact) ... Grand Haven's coal tipple was built in 1925 (although this date is disputed by ...

Second:

You can read more about Project Tipple, its origin and objectives, in the Artist ... the Tipple preserved and made use of in the future, or if you believe it's an alien ...

Aaaaaand the third:

Visit the tipple at your own risk. Authorities claim that allegations of alien encounters and unexplained quantum energy fluctuations around the tipple are ...

Clicking the results only brings me to a Page that says "This site is currently unavailable. If you are the owner of this site, please contact us at 1-480-505-8855 at your earliest convenience."
All can be seen by Googling "grand haven tipple alien", results come up from tipplegh.com, which redirects to the above link.

I'm having a very difficult time finding any information about the tipple and UFO activity or the electromagnetic disturbances experienced by engineers outside of the two sites that are currently down. I have a family member taking a drive over there shortly, this family member is an avid photographer so I'm sure I will have some more firsthand info/pics soon. In the meantime, if anyone can direct me in the direction of some more information about the Grand Haven coal tipple I would greatly appreciate it.

edit on 4/24/2014 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I live 25 minutes away from Grand Haven via us31, can check it out and see what is happening.
It could be anything though.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
These graves would have to be recent, meaning in like the last 50 years or so. The location of those "graves" near the sea wall would mean they were put there after the sea wall was back filled when it was built. By the looks of the marina it isn't that old.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I don't want to discredit the claim but what type of "Alien " are they talking about ? Space Alien? Illegal Alien? Alien object ? ..
My gut just tells me this is a Hoax or misunderstanding.. Forgive me but I am a bit skeptical.,However I will keep an eye on the thread for further development.

Thanks for posting

S+F

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR
Muskegon? Holland?

Just kidding, that would be awesome if you could check it out. I have a feeling it will turn out to be another sensationalized story, but I would love for something extraordinary like this to be found in my birthplace.

The whole thing seems a little "out there", but my uncle does claim to see a large amount of strange activity in the night sky. From what looks like helicopters buzzing the trees and making absolutely no sound to huge balls of light moving through the woods.

As a side note, the uncle in question is an engineer (electrical, mechanical, computer, mathmatics, probably other branches that I don't know about
) and knows something about everything, he is a very matter-of-fact kind of guy and I believe what he's told me.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Yep, you can tell summer is coming when the stunts from tourist areas begin to hit the Internet. They screwed up, they should have said the "corpses" were discovered during the construction of wooden walkways instead of during the replacement of wooden walkways.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If there is any truth to the Feds coming out and taking bodies away (prior to a forensic investigation) from that site? Well when combined with the website link then we truly have something odd here and well worth paying attention to.

SnF to follow and for the find.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere
I don't want to discredit the claim but what type of "Alien " are they talking about ? Space Alien? Illegal Alien? Alien object ?
My gut just tells me this is a Hoax or misunderstanding.

Very close to my thoughts upon reading about this.

originally posted by: SpaDe_
These graves would have to be recent, meaning in like the last 50 years or so. The location of those "graves" near the sea wall would mean they were put there after the sea wall was back filled when it was built. By the looks of the marina it isn't that old.

Very true.

::Warning! Assumptions Below!::
I do know that Grand Haven is called "Coast Guard City, USA" and as such the sea wall may be something that has been there for quite some time, with maintenance and renovations keeping it looking nice. I have no idea how to find that information...
edit on 4/24/2014 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Fantastic...I'm ready for Summer weirdness to start! Keeping an eye on this thread.

Des

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Looks like to me they are putting in new shore power or something and somebody is just having fun. Could shoot up there tomorrow but headed south instead.

Newspaper last year said they are doing upgrades. Also a lot of boats in the water concidering how cold it is and the ice is barely out. Better fishing is way south right now

edit on 24-4-2014 by mikell because: newspaper check

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

Aren't you back yet with some juicy info? Might find some good information on this at the local pub or having coffee with the seniors at McDonald's in the morning. I'd go on a twenty five minute ride to investigate something if it happened around here.

Could just be an old cemetery.
edit on 24-4-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
depending on what tomorrow brings i may be making the journey out there myself too. i got some very high quality cameras and a good sense of intuition so lets see what i can dig up lol. should be fun.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Looks like to me they are putting in new shore power or something and somebody is just having fun. Could shoot up there tomorrow but headed south instead.

I had this very same thought , I mean look at the digg patterns,they are very similar ,like they kinda have a wider space at the top for a box or meitor ...I dono one would think of they were "Alien corps" that place would at least have some type of barrier or Agency present..

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
"Our local police chief Brody?I think someone's played a game.Police chief Brody had a hard time opening his beach for summer too,huh?
edit on CDTThupm4761 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Now there is a lot of aliens in the area but they would probably bury them in the orchards where they work or send them back south

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaosComplex

Grand Haven Tribune Article
Nov 2013 article says: 

The first Municipal Marina docks along the Grand River, just north of the area of what is now Waterfront Stadium, were built in the late 1950s. There were 54 slips at the beginning, says Dr. Dave Seibold in his local history book, "Grand Haven in the Path of Destiny."

The marina is a joint venture between the city and the state Waterways Commission, which is part of the Michigan Department of Natural Resources. With a state grant, the city added 16 slips in 1984 for the charter fishing boats, along with a fish cleaning station and restroom.

The city is now preparing for a $1.1 million project to improve the marina's shoreline protection system and protect the floating docks. The project includes a new seawall, storm sewer improvements, a small amount of dredging and stone revetment removal, and a new energy-efficient ice suppression system.

So I would actually be asking when was the last time this section was replaced or repaired to determine the more relevant date?!

Edit add: my aunt lives up there, I will have to see if she has heard anything about graves being found.

edit on 4 24 2014 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It's an art project.

Here's what the website looked like before they put up the phony Homeland Security graphic.

Created in support of the campaign by photographer Bob Walma, and others, to celebrate and help preserve Grand Haven's Coal Tipple as both local landmark and 'art object' - Tipple-Aid artists are busy working away on new 'Tipplewares', planning events and aiming to have a full website, including online gift shop, by mid-June (yes, this June, 2013). Also, check us out at Grand Haven's Sunday Art Market, the first Sunday of June, July, August and September.

In the meantime, please make sure you've seen the controversial short film, "The Tipple: EXPOSED" at TippleGH.com. The Tipple-Aid Steering Committee is divided over the veracity of claims made in the film, but because it features one of our members, we feel a certain obligation to promote it...

Here's the "controversial" film. Looks like you got Tippled!

edit on 24-4-2014 by freelance_zenarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Now there is a lot of aliens in the area but they would probably bury them in the orchards where they work or send them back south

Haha.I'm in Mi.and get it.I was shocked to hear there were so many in Calhoun county jail they have their own wing.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaosComplex

You mean to tell us, that with everyone along with their 2 year old having a smartphone, that no one was able to get pics of the supposed bodies??? [/sarcasm]
Just saying....LOL

Very interesting indeed if proven to be true
Will keep tabs on this thread

S&F

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
So I just spoke to the family member who went and checked it out, I'm told there is nothing to see besides a bunch of turned up dirt. The original story was published on Tuesday, and according to THIS less than 24 hours later the site was shut down and documents and photographs from the Tipple-Aid offices were confiscated.

TIPPLE-AID Website Shut by FEDS
Updated on Wednesday
TIPPLE-AID WEBSITE SHUT BY FEDS
Less than twenty four hours after publishing a story about the mysterious mass-grave discovered near Grand Haven's Coal Tipple, Federal Agents have shut down the tippleaid.com website and confiscated boxes of documents and photographs from the Tipple-Aid offices. A web search reveals that, as of this morning, the community organization's Home Page has been replaced by a Government Warning. While obtaining any official Government response has not yet been possible, it appears this action is in response to a published story alleging the recently discovered mass-grave contained alien corpses. Local reports have been conflicting, with some claiming the graves contained Indian remains, and others claiming the so-called 'graves' are nothing but a prank by local vandals, but closure of the Tipple-Aid website does raise questions about what local officials may be withholding about recent activities at this site. For years, local engineers and surveyors have known that the Coal Tipple exhibits strange electromagnetic properties which disrupt their equipment, but photos of UFOs near the Tipple are disputed by several experts, and City Officials have always denied knowledge of any link between the Tipple and alien beings.

I still don't know what to think.

I don't know how long "Feds" would hang out after finding any sort of mass grave, alien or otherwise.

The picture of the dirt and walkways reminds me of when I did irrigation installation, and as other posters mentioned it also looks like some electrical maintenance could be going on...but the only information I see says this was due to walkway maintenance.

Still doesnt explain why the sites are down, with one being replaced by the DHS image. Again, I know it would be easy as pie to fake that part and I can't say I've ever seen what it looks like when a site is shut down by DHS...I would assume it would just 404...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join