It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Cops shooting dogs - An non US Citizens view

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
As a Scotsman and proud dog owner, the continued reports from the US and on ATS of American police happily shooting any dog they see as any sort of threat is very worrying. I love my dog and if anyone shot him in my presence I would likely kill them, no boasting or being an internet hard guy, thats a fact, I see him as my child.
What worries me about the shootings is not just the frequency of them, but the lack of action by the American public, people seem to just accept this as the status quo. I feel this is another level of social conditioning, first they shoot dogs then the will ramp up shooting anyone on their own door step. The no knock entries to homes, increased weaponry, military vehicles the list goes on to what is happening to the US police forces, they are out of hand, too heavy handed and clearly think they are above the law.
I really feel sorry about what America has become, and what I perceive to be the end of American freedoms and the creation of a police state. I only hope revolution comes quickly as the US is now seen around the world as a worse place to live than the majority of countries you are meant to be against or trying to free.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: On the level

Well spoken mate, I completely agree with everything you have said.

Don't be surprised though if you get mobbed by a bunch of blind 'patriots' extolling the virtues of the supposedly exceptional U.S.A. as loudly as they possibly can.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Fully agree. I can tell you honestly, if someone shot my dog, policeman or not, I would beat them to death with their own liver.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Excellent thread!

I fear for my Country. I really do. If I lived in the city and had a dog, there is no way I'd leave it outside unattended these days.

I guess this says it all for me. The attitude of U.S. LEO (law enforcement) now having a prevailing feeling they can do anything they want, for whatever reason. And they are justified because they wear a badge. Including killing pets on a whim.

You sound like you and your pooch have a good relationship. I even consider my goats as family members...

Des

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

The sad thing is I lived in the US for 6 months in 1996 and loved every minute of it. I then went back on a holiday 2 years ago and the mood change was noticable from landing. I just cant see how 9/11 justifies the TSA or the drones over US soil. It's just insane.
edit on 24/4/14 by On the level because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
You worry about a couple of dogs shot in the USA? How about worrying about dogs being eaten in the Far East? It's more than a few.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

The middle east has always been a nightmare, what shocks me is when I can see the US turning into a dictatorship with SS guards on the streets

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

As a US citizen and patriot I have to agree with you on all counts. Been a dog owner all my life and they have always been considered part of the family.

They (the cops) are already shooting people all over the place here in any situation they consider a threat. Carrying a TV remote, get shot. Blind man with a cane, get shot. Wrong address SWAT attack, get shot... all we can do at this moment is try to get word out that people need to stand their ground against all the thugs, criminals and law enforcement.

As for revolution I'd rather not discuss online. All I can ask is when the SHTF can we expect help from our Scottish and other freedom loving brothers?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I feel this is another level of social conditioning, first they shoot dogs then the will ramp up shooting anyone on their own door step. The no knock entries to homes, increased weaponry, military vehicles the list goes on to what is happening to the US police forces, they are out of hand, too heavy handed and clearly think they are above the law. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

While I agree with many of your points, do not be fooled that these are regular occurrences. Swat raids of 80,000 a year are way to much I totally agree. Ramped up shoot first roid cops need to be done away with.... Shooting dogs as a way of letting the serfs know who is armed and in-charge will come full circle one day just no one knows when... Now having said all that I feel I need to point out in a nation as big as America with 317 million known residents many of the reports we read here on ATS (and other sights) while alarming are really such a small percentage of the norm it is not something I go to bed at night fearing.

I am not sure what I would have done if someone would have intentionally shot my childhood farm dog for whatever reason... Glad I never had to find out.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Well spoken mate, I completely agree with everything you have said.

Don't be surprised though if you get mobbed by a bunch of blind 'patriots' extolling the virtues of the supposedly exceptional U.S.A. as loudly as they possibly can.

Let me assure you that any of my fellow countrymen who stand behind actions of this nature are indeed blind because there is nothing exceptional about this level of BS whatsoever. It's despicable and shoddy police work. These guys are better armed(but worse trained) than some of the units I served with in the Army and yet are still so frightened by their own shadows that they'll shoot dogs and hog tie the elderly for no good reason. The myth of American exceptionalism is just that. A myth.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I'm glad you can at least see what is going on over here.. As far as fixing this goes... We may be on a course that will forever change the world. If Americans were disarmed we would already know the end game haha.. Luckily we still have teeth.

I did Swear an Oath.

I truly think that if we can win in America it will completely end any plans of a global government that tracks and rapes all the dogs paying into the system. I wore dog tags, but I was only pretending to listen.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

More and more US citizens are waking up to the plain fact that LEO are essentially state sponsored terrorism. I count myself as one of these citizens.

The internal threat is vastly more serious than Islamist attacks.

There is a general stupor though. It's palpable. IMO 9/11 denialism (I just made a word
has the side effect of numbing the brain to the escalating atrocities.

What is 9/11 denialism? Denying that the USG attacked it's own citizens to advance a long term, imperialist agenda. I've proved this affliction is curable.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I'm tired of people saying how LEOs should refrain from defending themselves when they are being threatened. Just because someone puts on a badge and a gun doesn't mean they should be required to be bitten by an animal or "take a bullet" when threatened by an individual.

I see people on ATS write that the police should "go hands on" with a perp to disarm them rather than defend themselves with deadly force. People who believe this have no clue what it's like to serve as a LEO and actually have to fight for your life. I have seen multiple misguided people write LEOs have no right to shoot someone who is coming at them with a knife. That they should attempt to "wing them." These people are delusional. They watch movies and believe all it takes is one bullet to bring someone down. Guess what? That's not true. I know perps who have been riddled with bullets but still come at police. Fact is, the threat doesn't end with the first bullet. The bad guy will keep returning fire until he bleeds out (which can take multiple minutes, depending on the severity of the wounds).

A LEO, who puts his life on the line day in and day out, has no obligation to go hands on, shoot to wound, or take a dog bite. That's fantasy land.

This coming from a guy who has dogs and understands sometimes bad things happen when a perp puts their dogs in danger.

edit on 24-4-2014 by BeliefInReality because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

I think the majority of Europe would stand with American citizens that rebel against the terrible Government currently in charge. The system needs to come down and police and polititians alike made to pay for their crimes

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BeliefInReality

Call me old fashioned. In my day, if there was an issue with a protective dog...cuz that is what dogs do, protect their owners and homes. The LEO would call Animal Control to come out and deal with it. NOT pull out a gun and plug it with a bullet.

And all too many times, the pets are shot for no reason at all, other than barking. They get shot in front of kids too.

Tell me how that is acceptable....huh...

Des

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

As for revolution I'd rather not discuss online. All I can ask is when the SHTF can we expect help from our Scottish and other freedom loving brothers?

You can count on the majority of the rest of the world giving you a hand mate, most of us would love to see the American people finally take a stand and say "enough". In fact, many of us wonder why it hasn't happened yet

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I know full well that police need to defend themselves in a lot of situations however I feel that the police forces in the US see themselves as a standing army and feel that they can now act without having to answer to the very people that pay their wages. I for one am glad that our police are not armed as most situations are defused rather than turned into someone dying.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

If you're fearful of potential encounters of that nature I think it's long past due to contemplate a new line of employment. Our gun culture has spoiled us to the fact that the vast majority of the world is able to subdue criminals minus a volley of shots. The bottom line is that yes, sometimes escalated or lethal force is necessary but it shouldn't be the first option which makes it the ONLY option.

What isn't fantasy land is that I should have some level of comfort knowing that the 4 th amendment protects me from violent encounters with law enforcement on my own property but that simply isn't the case anymore.

These guys aren't fighting crime and they're not heroes for the most part(my humble apologies to the good cops that try to do their job justice and uphold their oaths). What they are is the largest, best armed and most well funded street gang on the planet right now. I'd rather take my chances with the bloods, crips or Latin kings we cause they have specific enemies. As far as the police are concerned every civilian is a potential threat to their real job of revenue generator for the municipality they work for.

Because I'm a vet and I raised my voice to a veterans resource officer who screwed up my paperwork, I'm a threat to the public and a potential terrorist because of my training. There is no such thing for me anymore as a friendly law enforcement encounter. The constitution is just what Bush and Cheney claimed a decade ago...just a piece of paper. It means nothing and protects nobody while the boys in blue circle the wagons, get their stories strait time and time again and whether they're killing dogs or tasing 16 year olds 19 times who have fallen off a bridge and are unresponsive because their back is broken, they are always justified. Land of the free my ass. I didn't destroy my body in the army to come home to this pile of feces and have my kids grow up in a similar setting to 1960's East Berlin. This is not the America I learned about in either primary school or college history courses.
edit on 24-4-2014 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Call me old fashioned. In my day, if there was an issue with a protective dog...cuz that is what dogs do, protect their owners and homes. The LEO would call Animal Control to come out and deal with it. NOT pull out a gun and plug it with a bullet.

And all too many times, the pets are shot for no reason at all, other than barking. They get shot in front of kids too.

Tell me how that is acceptable....huh...

Des

If the officers safety is in question, it is ALWAYS acceptable to protect himself, and shoot an animal. No LEO should have to take a bite. When police are executing search/arrest warrants, they are doing so covertly. There is no way to "call animal control," and maintain stealth.

Btw stealth = safety for all those involved. LEOs taking down bad guys with overwhelming force prevents a gun fight, and, hopefully, allows the police to bring in the perp without shots fired.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

All I can say to you is. If you are LEO, stay away from my dog, and goats. I have a gun and know how to use it, if provoked to protect my own.

If you think you have reason to come onto my property to discuss something with me. I expect an atmosphere of mutual respect to set the tone. If you choose to charge in guns blazing...well...you set the response.

Des

edit on 24-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join