It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think I Saw Either a UFO or a Secret Military Aircraft Last Night

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: Zaphod58

If anyone here is believable it's you. If you say engine advancement has exceeded my perceptions of the technology by vast amounts then I believe you. I saw something travel very very fast and quiet. Didn't seem to be using jet engines or making contact with the actual air molecules (the whole dead quiet not even tearing through the air part, moving almost as gracefully as a search light)

You don't know from far off if it's making "contact with actual air molecules".

Zaphod believes (I think he is well informed) about new engine technology. I don't know what that is, but there is other technology that's been developed for a while which could be relevant as well, in particular plasma discharge devices. The theory and basic experimentation is unclassified and you can find reports in the literature though of course the application to any particular platform is not disclosed.

These "dielectric barrier discharge" pads are activated by high-voltage asymmetrical AC signals and create faintly glowing plasma on various surfaces and, with electrostatic forces, help push air next to the skin of the craft.

This can reduce drag forces by effectively making the skin feel very "slippery" to onrushing air, and in some cases, with cleverness also be effectively "control surfaces", like flaps or ailerons but with no moving parts or mechanical disruption to the flow.

Combine this with Zaphod's improved engine tech, the intrinsically low-drag of a flying triangle and you could get something quite zippy.

Now as far as the sound---just because you don't hear it from the ground doesn't mean that it's not emitting sound. There are other directions the sound could go, for instance, up.

For instance, if one were in fact making a stealthy reconnaissance or ground attack aircraft, then not being able to hear it also adds to the mission capabilities, so if such a thing were to be a design goal then perhaps it can be achieved.

For instance, the Predator Avenger had an announcement today. There is a "S-shaped" exhaust duct for the turbofan embedded inside the body, supposedly to reduce radar signature (as the steel blades of a non-hidden turbojet/fan are quite visible to radar). This may also have a secondary function of being a muffler for acoustic output. And this is a fairly inexpensive platform.

So all in all, I don't think it's out of what's possible using advanced aeronautics today.

Southern California is a major testing area for aircraft, as there are many manufacturers and military air bases near by, as well as the Navy installation on San Nicholas Island.

Coming in over Malibu (from e.g. Edwards) to San Nicholas, thereby avoiding heavy traffic into LAX) seems like a pretty typical profile.

en.wikipedia.org...

There are ways I could theoretically think this is possible using known modern technologies. And if those new technologies are responsible for what I saw then DAMN!!!! Obama wasn't bluffing when he said the US is much more advanced then the rest of the world.

I'd like to think there's warp drive & anti-gravity back in the Top Men's warehouses, but I'm not convinced.

I think there could be a A-10 successor. USAF is pretty adamant about retiring them (I think they should be sold cheap to the eastern business end of NATO), and claim the role will be taken over by the F-35 which seems laughable.

edit on 7-5-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
@ BASSPLYR

One question. Your baby blue lights on each tip made me smile a little smile.

Now, the question I have - as you watch the triangle rotate on its centre of gravity instead of banking, did it seem to have a slightly shimmering air say from the craft to a few hundred yards off? (and the blue lights seem to briefly dim / brighten as it went on its way? )

I'll explain a little more when the above gets an answer.

Stay sharp, and do carry a camera. You will see this craft again.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Astr0

So, I know you're waiting for the OP to respond...but hypothetically speaking, if what you describe was in fact the case, what would the implications be?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Aw Geeze Guys I feel bad. Been working all week and didn't check in on my own thread.

First of all THANK YOU TO EVERY ONE THAT HAS CONTRIBUTED TO THIS THREAD.

I saw the same craft again this last monday around 8:30ish. I am going to post a longer more detailed post later today as I am just getting out the door for work.

The pale blue lights. The first time I saw it and it banked. It was moving too fast across the sky to notice any blurting or shimmering effect. I was too astounded by how it banked.

HOWEVER, the second time I saw it. YES absolutely it did something very similar to that. I really have to get out the door but I promise in 8 hours (6pm PDT) I will add a DETAILED post regarding the second time I saw this craft as it did even stranger stuff and had a "star" trailing just behind it that did some pretty weird stuff too. And it flew lower this time and banked inland instead of out to sea. It's definitely a triangle shaped aircraft. It's definitely extremely quite. And it is really really fast. This thing had the grace of a fast darting bird. AS to the technology involved I'll speculate some more on my next post this afternoon.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THIS THREAD>

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
So I saw the craft again this last Monday night around 8:30pm. Again, walking home from dinner (if you can call dinning at the local KFC dinner)

I'm about 200 feet away from the position I last saw the craft (last time I was walking down hill towards a suburb 4 way stop intersection. ) walking west bound on the street that forms the intersection I mentioned a second ago.

I see initially what I think to be a flock of birds flying towards me, originating from the exact part of the sky I saw the craft appear last time, guess it was taking the same course. (traveling towards me from 1 o'clock sailing overhead and going over the horizon at 4:30ish o'clock.) I say this because the first split second I saw this thing it was four pale blue lights that were blurry like they were coming out of the fog or something, and thy were packed close together like a "v".

Anyways a half second or less later it becomes apparent that it is not a flock of birds but the same damned craft I saw last time. It's the same triangle with three lights on it but I'm viewing it this time head on and low. This time it seemed impossibly low (either that or the craft is VERY large) and the blue lights unblurred like they were free of the "fog" and the fourth light mentioned was trailing slightly behind it to it's aft port side. (trailing maybe half the length of the craft) The fourth lone light was strange because it seemed to move independent of the craft. And it stayed "blurred" longer than the other three forming the triangle.

Anyways, the fourth light caught up to the triangle and either disappeared behind the triangle or merged with it somehow.

by this time the craft was directly overhead traveling west inland toward the east. It then banked gently to the left with one side dipping down like a normal plane and disappeared over the horizon blurring again. Note it was a clear night with no marine layer or any other type of haze that would make the crafts light fuzzy/blurry looking.

The craft remained at the same speed the whole time. Was lower than last time because it was twice the size in the sky as before. It was absolutely silent to the point I wonder if it had any type of jets on it or if the jets were idled down so much because the crafts other propulsion aiding mechanisms allow for it to maintain speed with less effort from the engines. I mean this thing was as silent as a searchlight arcing across the sky. And maybe even faster.

The first thing I felt when watching it was "whats that? Holy $*%(@!!! its back!!!" then after it disappeared over the horizon a surge of pride. I wont lie I almost thought of that trey parker song "America! @&$*%!!! Yeah!!!" When I saw it fly over. It almost seemed like the pilot was showboating or having a good time. My other thought was "wow!!! What a ride that must be!!"

Anyways, whatever this is. It appears "operational", way, way ahead of ANYTHING out there. At least that's man made. Dead silent. if you weren't looking right at it as it flew by (basically getting really lucky) you would NEVER know you had just been buzzed. Clearly hypersonic, and dead quiet about it when doing so. I mean I saw it clear 6 miles in 2 seconds or less. That's basically 10,000 miles an hour at low altitude with no sonic boom and no noise. Sounds bat S#*%!! crazy I know but that's what I saw. And I'm no fool. It flys known flight paths. And keeps a semi regular schedule. SO what it is is anyones guess.

Personally I think this thing is not coming in contact with a whole lot of air when it flys. Thats the only way I can accept the fact that it makes no noise at the speed it does. DUcting the engines so that the noise is semi abated is all fine and that. But this is doing something much more. I've been at edwards back when they did air shows and have been buzzed by the B2. I can attest it's really fricken quiet. Thats not the type of quiet I'm talking about. I'm talking dead quiet. A dog wouldn't notice this thing. Plus what can use fancy ducting in it's engine exhaust and rip through the sky at several times the speed of mach at low altitude without making things like a sonic boom or ripping of the atmosphere? THis thing can.

I think it is indeed using some type of electro static field to achieve this. The pale blue lights are pretty close to the color a coronal electrical discharge would be. The "discharge" appears where one would expect it to on a triangle at the points. The question is how without a nuclear reactor (which I don't think this thing uses) does it produce the power needed to create millions of volts of electrical potential for some sort of plasma sheath or laminate later around the aircraft. I dunno. Way above my pay grade. Maybe the craft does use some sort of flame jet generator where it uses the jets turbines to produce electrical power. Ionizes the exhaust while charging the front of the craft with the opposite charge creating a electrical circuit. The exhaust acting like the conveyor belt carrying electrons away on a van de graff generator ( or is it tesla coil, I always confuse the two) The fourth light trailing the craft could have been a rouge plasma discharge like a solar flare getting carried away with the trailing lobe of the electric field and returning home.

I dunno. I don't know what I saw. But I am sure impressed with it. And, I think it's probably ours. And if that's the case..."America!!! @#$(% Yeah!!!!"

Also, if I see it again, I will report it some days later on this thread, but I am not going to report any more exact times for the flights. There are douche bags from other less friendly nations that might also be reading this thread for clues. And, I don't plan on giving them a schedule ( more than I have) to try and set up some shady fishing traller to attempt to photograph this thing.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Tajlakz

Rather interesting ones.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Yep the implications are pretty interesting. I agree. Also, Zaph. If you think I should shut up. Let me know and It'll be no problem. Just don't want to piss anyone off my life is hard enough.

edit on 9-5-2014 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

More than you think.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well I can imagine the broad range of applications this technology will have. And, personally I think whatever this thing is should remain classified for a long time. It's too much of an advantage to let out. And I can not imagine our enemies having tech like this. It would be catastrophic, it appears that advanced and powerful. I say keep it in the dark. Starve our nation's enemies of knowledge about this sort of stuff. and keep them in a vacuum.

This thing/ project should be named "checkmate" or something because that's what this thing is capable of. It's not just a game changer its a game over. What on earth could knock this thing down. A really powerful laser that can catch it. Only good if you actually see it coming. (which is very unlikely) I think this thing can buzz LA with ease because if it does show up on radar its just a blip for a half second before its out of range and if your the guy on the ground watching through the radar its too late a 2000 lb bunker buster is already inbound.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Hey BASSPLYR - think back for me to the second sighting. As it passed over head and away, did the world around you contain a noise like this: take a sudden deep breath in 'huh' and a gentle low noise 'perrrrr' (as in perfect) breath out.

That's if you had any auditory attention to anything bar straining to 'hear' what you expected to hear from the aircraft.

Oh and another thing? Take a video camera into Canada as I feel you are the type to find a Yeti dressed in a Loch Ness monster skinned suit, riding a unicorn.

Seriously. Carry a camera.

edit on 10-5-2014 by Astr0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
No it was totally quiet. It may have made some sort type of vibrational noise (like a piezo electric effect) due to what ever field this thing generates interacting with the environment but I didn't hear anything. But the again I live in a city so any noise that subtle would have been masked.

Who knows maybe this thing uses phased conjugate microwaves to get around. Maybe it uses plasma. I don't know. I am stuck on why the three lights at the points of the triangle are so concise as if they are being emitted from some sort of diode or something.

Maybe they are there to control the coronal discharge. Maybe they are microwave beams. Maybe they are the ultraviolet/ bluish discharge of energy that are a side effect of whatever this thing uses for propulsion. Maybe it's just a coronal effect that appears like dots but are if inspected from close up not as concise as they appear from far away.

not sure even if I walked around with a camera hanging from my neck I would be able to get a photo of this thing. It's too swift it comes and then its gone before you can react much to it. Not really enough time to get the camera going. And also, Not sure I would post the photos even if I did get a pic of it. Kinda irresponsible.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
You really, really would set the aviation press onto a bidding war. Even for a say two or three frames burst over a second at high resolution.

Glad for you that you got a second look at it, nice. Loving the gleam sheen colour, goes well with the blue. As for that 'trailing star', hahaha well ATS would have an absolute server melt down.

People would go nucking futz over a photo of that bird. Absolutely nucking futz.

'You'd win the internet' as my nephew is so fond of saying to me.
edit on 15-5-2014 by Astr0 because: Jesus autocorrect, please leave my words alone.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I think i saw my 1st ufo last night. It was going upward towards the full moon and underneath was a very small cloud. As i peered out the window to see the sky for falling stars, i noticed a light moving upwards. I watched it as it was going very, very slow. It then went behind the cloud and i waited for it to come out of the cloud. I waited over 5 minutes, till the small cloud slowly vanished. No moving lights, no nothing, it just dissapeared. Interesting. I wonder what that was.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I haven't seen this question come up in any of the threads, and until I see one to, maybe you could tell. Did the craft seem to have a definite front or nose, wingtips and aft end as it moved through the sky? I know you`ve mentioned it being an equilateral triangle shape and I was wondering if it sort of behaved as if it had the cockpit/bridge? more towards the "front" side and maybe different components aft? Or did it appear more centrally controlled and it didn't matter which point of the triangle was front, rear or sides?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Looked centrally operated.

The triangle was a perfect equilateral triangle. It was thicker on top then on the bottom. The bulge and where I imagine the cockpit (if it has one) would be was dead center in the middle of the triangle not toward one corner or the other.

That being said it definitely seemed like it preferred going in one direction. I never saw it stop and hover. It was always travelling at speed. But it seemed to have a bias towards one angle. When it had passed over head (the 2nd sighting) I could clearly see the rear. No exhaust, smooth no vents or anything just the lights on the bottom. The front light (one on each bottom end of the triangle's tips) was obscured by the center bulge where I imagine the cockpit would be. SO I think it has a preference as to which end flies.

No wings, no tail, no wing tips. Just a sold sleek perfect triangle. Grey, with a faintly glowing field around it. The blue lights on the bottom at each corner. and something following it that turned into a corona like filament and connected or got reabsorbed into the fuzzy glowing field surrounding the craft. NO noise. Fast. No rivets.

The second sighting (the more spectacular) it banked gently like an airplane. the first sighting from farther away it turned by Yawing on it's center axis. Kinda like the ship from the old astroids game.

edit on 2-10-2014 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think people in El Paso see Holloman AFB
finest quite a bit.
here's 2014
m.youtube.com...

And here's a past sighting of the giant floating
screen.
m.youtube.com...

I like the simulated triple meteor show best.
The Army's Golden Knight paratroopers were the cover.
Now that's a precision team!! it's as if air currents don't exist at all.

Hey GK's! do it one more time for us just like that.
It doesn't even have to be night over a large metropolitan area
this time. You nutty bunch, always rehearsing for air shows at night
over civilians.
edit on 2-10-2014 by UnderKingsPeak because: link. Astro were you at WSMR Feb 8 ? ; )

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I believe what you saw was a military aircraft, although the speed is very strange. Could it have been a beam of light shined in to the air from an unusual source?
The descriptions of the classic triangular aircraft with lights positioned in those locations has been described 1000s of times. I will not be surprised if in about 20-30 years a military aircraft like this comes out to the public.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ODarkThirty

It's speed was it's most startling aspect along with the ZERO sound. But I agree with you that in 30 years this sort of tech may be more commonplace. But for know I personally would prefer that it stay classified. Just too much of an advantage technologically to share it with other countries except for maybe UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand etc...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm not sure if my experience belongs here with yours, but here it is regardless. I live in rural Texas about 60 miles West of Ft Worth/Dallas. I frequently see military aircraft passing south of my house (good view for miles from my back porch). It is not unusual to see fighter jets, helicopters, C-130's, etc. For some reason they are always flying at what appears to be 2000 ft or below. One night about 10:30, two of the huge two rotor helicopters even buzzed my house close enough to rattle the paintings on the walls. I thought it was an earthquake until I went outside and looked up.

To the point, on or around October 1, I was in my back yard doing some pool maintenance. Time was approximately 7:30 p.m. It was still very light out, not dark or even really dusk yet. I heard a big aircraft coming my direction, so I looked up just to see what happened to be passing by. The sound was very obviously coming from a C-130 or possibly another type of really huge plane with a lot of propellers. It was headed roughly west southwest at what appeared to be 1500ft or so. From my point of view, I saw mostly the side. Right side wing, fuselage, tail, props, etc. Nothing unusual about it, especially for my area. The unusual part was that it was following an equally huge to slightly larger aircraft that looked about a half mile ahead of it that was making absolutely no sound. I saw this aircraft from the same point of view, It did not have a vertical tail section, very slim fuselage (if any), no props, no contrail or obvious jet exhaust. It really looked like just a flying wing from the side. Both aircraft were flying pretty slowly. I watched them both until they disappeared over some hills to the west of my house. I probably watched them for about a minute and a half and they made no maneuvers, just flying low, straight, and slow. As stated above, military aircraft fly around out here all the time, and I can always hear each individual aircraft by themselves. I have seen as many as three of the huge prop planes following each other on this same flight path before and could always hear each individual plane. This big wing made no sound at all. It could have been triangular, I didn't see it from below but more from the side. What I was wondering at the time was how could this huge thing be flying that slow without stalling, and what is silently propelling it?

Anybody here know of something common that I might have seen that fits the description? If it was some super classified triangle I can't believe they would just fly it around out here in the daylight where anybody can see it. Especially low and slow where I could get a good look. Looking forward to replies.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Dough88

Oh man it could have been many flying wings that are in development these days. Zaphod the aviation forums moderator is pretty much a god when it comes to info regarding that sort of stuff. He can't divulge things that are classified but if he takes a look at your post he probably will have a good idea of what various aircraft it might be and might be able to help you out in understanding what you saw better.

For me I say it was probably some sort of flying wing design. Could have been a triangle in the classical sense but I doubt it. Probably some new b-3 or drone, maybe super sentinel like thing.

Try sending Zaph an IM describing what you saw, with rough dates, location etc... He'll probably know something about what they were likely testing at that time in your area. Not saying he can come out and directly tell you what it is but he can probably help.

Oh and the super quiet thing. That's going to be a major trend for a lot of forthcoming US Aircraft.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join