It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think I Saw Either a UFO or a Secret Military Aircraft Last Night

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Hey responded too soon before I saw your latest post. That is pretty interesting if it was travelling at a high speed. Shouldn't be a balloon or something similar. Thanks for the pic. Gunna take a look at it and see if its similar to = what some of my friends have noticed, because your description was very similar to what others have said to me.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: draknoir2

It travelled several miles from what I could tell in under two seconds. It went from horizon to horizon above low clouds in under two seconds. That's pretty fast.

Yeah, you mentioned that in the OP. My bad.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Sounds pretty interesting. It could have been a Mylar balloon that got caught high up in a updraft. You said it was gone in a matter of seconds. I know that one. Did it travel clear across the sky like mine did or did it sorta just dissolve and fade out?

Either way something it was doing made you think it was not some conventional explanation. What do you think it was that you saw. Some sort of orb or probe? Military or ET? Just curious. I've talked to a few people who saw similar Silvery orbs that seem like bubbles sorta changing shape. Maybe weather balloon? The thing is how fast it was travelling? That will cut out most of the conventional theories if it was moving fast.

Travelled clear across the sky. I walk the dog next to the parking lots to the Barclays Center and the neighboring buildings are no more that 4 stories, some 2 and 3, so I had a really unobstructed view of it. It was moving really fast and when I looked at the pics I snapped with my iphone, I thought I missed it. As for speed, it was going faster than the planes on approach. So how fast are they going? They were closer to me as well, so their speed should look greater I would think. Would a balloon, father away, drifting in air currents cover the length of the sky faster?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Got to grab some dinner and then hit they hay, getting late over here in europe. Hope you have a sharp meomry so we can get some scetches at least! Would be cool if you tried your best to draw it as well as you can
Don't know how your drawing skills are but

Keep it up guys! Let's destroy the ptb in USA epsecially!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Or was it something like this

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Well either way its a pretty cool experience.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Yeah what you're saying it similar to what the other people I've spoken to about these orbs are saying. Move fast and clear across the sky, seem to undulate. Doesn't give the impression of it being a balloon.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

Close but more of a perfect triangle. Each side was the same length. Could have been one of it's variants or relatives. Although the powder blue lights were a similar color as the sheen on the plane in that photo. Just the color though, these were individual lights at the corner of each tip. But the body was a dull dark grey. SO I would say no not the same craft.

I don't know what that craft in the photo can do but this thing moved way too fast, and just so smooth. It made it's travel look effortless. Didn't even look like it was cutting through the air just travelled clear across the sky and banked.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

One thing to add. This thing had no contrail or was travelling much to high to create one and was even bigger than I thought. Looking out the window of my office right now. ( I work very close by to the sighting ) and I noticed that there are commercial airliners leaving contrails roughly along the same flight path. (travelling south along the coast) SO maybe this is more Govt craft than ET. But this thing just seemed like it was trying to be sneaky the way it travelled. Hard to explain. Maybe more like it knew it wasn't supposed to be there and was trying to get out fast.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Not a bad Idea. Will look around their sites later this evening when I get home from work.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Hmmm... over the horizon in less than 2 seconds... you pretty sure about that timing? That is FAST. If it was as high as some jets fly, then that is nearly incomprehensibly fast (but the relative size suggests it was lower ... unless it was huge... but even so, still speedy), depending on how much of the sky was visible. Getting such a great, detailed view would be pretty hard in two seconds.... not impossible, but hard.

The govt has some great tech, no doubt, but ... as these things have been seen forever and certainly in the early years of jets/rocketry, an unknown "alien" intelligence is almost certainly behind at least some of them. And something going even close to the speed you suggested, without burning up in the air and making ungodly noise, would go against all the physics we know about.

The triangular craft with a light at each corner and another larger one in the center is relatively "common" as far as uncommon sightings go... usually the lights are orange on the outside and white in the middle.

Anyway, I believe you... since you've posted before and don't seem like a liar or ignorant, heh, and oodles of other folks have seen similar anomalous flying widgets and heck, I've seen 'em, too. Neat sighting and thanks for reporting it and telling MUFON and/or a similar reporting database is a good idea.

So... they're here... now what?

edit on 4/24/2014 by Baddogma because: add

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I could see a good chunk of sky from where I was viewing it. Enough to say that it crossed about 6 miles of it. It was fast. But even though it took only 2 seconds for it to pass. I saw it in slow motion (tachypsychia) and it was burned pretty good into my memory.

The triangle had no center light. It did not seem like it was "ours". It moved way too fast and was too silent and way too smooth. Like you mentioned it did not seem to be tearing threw the sky. It had the fluidity of say a search light when it sweeps through the sky, where as it travels fast but doesn't seem to be interacting with any of the actual atmospheric medium (other than reflecting a bright light) This was similar in how it moved. It seem completely unobstructed by the atmosphere. Just zoomed right threw it.

Also to dispel that this object was close by. It did get smaller as it traveled away and over the ocean. I could see it traveling the distance away.

It was strange for sure.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I see.

I suppose some might argue that what you saw could be a govt experimental holographic projection... but that line of reasoning is arguably more "out there" than simple aliens tooling around.

There were trees and buildings around you, so the entire horizon wasn't open... and I know that time is very relative when adrenaline is involved.

Hopefully you'll get more sleep than I did after my first sighting... I was dying to tell everyone that their worldview was way off... heh.

Well, it's definitely an interesting world we find ourselves on... so much traffic makes one wonder why? We do have great music...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Sadly I did not get too much sleep that night. Woke up around 3 am and sorta stared at the ceiling until it was time to get ready to go to work. Kept up with financial anxiety, but what else is new. That's every night, and I suspect I'm not alone with that.

I know the speed seems incredible. But that's what I saw.

And yes, there were buildings around. I am in los angeles. But I was also walking downhill which exposes much more sky. The object flew from behind me, directly over head, and the off towards the horizon banking out towards the ocean and then disappearing out there somewhere. There's n mistaking that part of what I saw. The object crossed a good distance and fast.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

One other thing that comes to me now that I think about it more and remember more detail. When I say I saw the craft bank I'm describing its flight path. Straight then curving the last third of the way 45 degrees and heading out over the ocean. The craft it's self didn't bank like a plane, where one wing would dip down. This thing seemed to rotate as is flew yawing to the right like a car fishtailing / drifting through a turn. Or sorta like the triangle shaped fighter in that old 80's arcade game Astroids. how the fighter would turn on its axis. I sorta seemed like it did that, but really smoothly. Hard to explain.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

OK found footage of another ufo that's exactly what I saw last night. Youtube Ufo Hunters episode "Giant Triangles" about 5 minutes in they go to a witness in Sonoma CA that video tapes a daylight sighting of a triangle UFO. I saw the exact same thing in that video but at night. Looked exactly like it and moved very similar, but faster.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Cool, just how you described it.

Goto MUFON and make an online report... best we can do to look for patterns and make some sense of it.

Keep your eyes open.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Many here are saying black project.There have been numerous reports of UFOs seen entering and leaving the ocean near Catalina island.So many so that some speculate of a alien base off the Catalina coast.Not that I believe that personally,just pointing out that there has been a lot of UFO activity near LA.I would rule out RC plane...unless they can reach the clouds now.
edit on CDTFripm5761 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It has all the hallmarks of a TR-3B

I have seen twice over here in the UK

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

Lots of people have seen strange things in and around the channel islands, My mom saw a very strange thing around 4 am on a sailboat in the middle of the channel islands. She saw a patch of the ocean start to glow and then get brighter and brighter about 100 feet away from the boat. Then suddenly a bright light shot out of the water and in almost a blink disappear straight up into the clouds. No noise, no splash of water. This was around 1976 ish.

Could have been ET. Also could have been military. Lots of military activity around the channel islands. And you never know whats below you. Was riding the ferry to catalina island from long beach once. About a quarter mile behind our ferry a 688 class attack sub (think it was the Honolulu) surfaced right in our wake and followed us in to catalina's main harbor in avalon. We docked, it stayed anchored about 1/4 mile away from the pier and sent sailors ashore for shore leave on little dingies. Point is we sailed right over a nuclear attack sub and never knew it until it showed it's self.

So anything could be in the waters off of california.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join