It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PA official says Hamas accepted two-state solution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
PA official says Hamas accepted two-state solution

The reconciliation agreement between the two major Palestinian factions, Fatah and Hamas, which was signed in Gaza on Wednesday, is based on a two-state solution and recognizes the State of Israel, senior Fatah official Jibril Rajoub said on Thursday.

"The reconciliation that we achieved will be implemented according to the program of Abu Mazen [Palestinian President Mahmuod Abbas] which recognizes the state of Israel," Rajoub said, in an interview with Army Radio's Good Morning Israel program.

He added that the two-state solution envisages "a Palestinian state in the 1967 borders and the state of Israel with its capital in West Jerusalem." Hamas leader Ismail Haniya "is obliged to uphold Abu Mazen's policy," Rajoub stressed.

Rajoub is a member of the Fatah Central Committee and heads the Palestinian Football Association and Olympic Committee. He was head of the Preventative Security Force in the West Bank until 2002.

He stressed that "when the government is established with Abu Mazen at its head, he will express clearly and unequivocally that he accepts the terms of the Quartet and that his government accepts the two-state solution."

Click link for remainder of article...

Wow... I didn't see this one coming.

Hopefully this works out and turns into reality.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
U.S. would reassess aid if Hamas-PLO form government: official

(Reuters) - The United States would have to reconsider its assistance to the Palestinians if Islamist group Hamas and the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) form a government together, a senior U.S. administration official said on Thursday.

"Any Palestinian government must unambiguously and explicitly commit to nonviolence, recognition of the state of Israel, and acceptance of previous agreements and obligations between the parties," the official said, speaking to Reuters on condition of anonymity.

"If a new Palestinian government is formed, we will assess it based on its adherence to the stipulations above, its policies and actions, and will determine any implications for our assistance based on U.S. law," the official said.

Click link for remainder of article.

An even better sign coming out of Washington.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Just reading another article about what is going on . I cant see Israel settling on a two state deal . www.informationclearinghouse.info...

"Fatah leader Azzam al-Ahmad said that neither side will accept the resumption of negotiations with Israel without clear guidelines, and that negotiations had stalled as a result of "Israel intransigence" and "American bias."

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Possibly..

This is the first time I have seen Hamas acknowledge the State of Israel as existing.

The review of Hamas by the US is a first also.

As for Israel, they keep harping on the acknowledge Israel's existence position and now it appears they might have that.

Based on information to date regarding Israeli conditions for a 2 state solution, if they (Israel) balk at this development then I think they are going to face a political backlash.

At the very least they should try to see how far this development can advance before dismissing it out of hand / sabotaging it.

Question -
Out of curiosity do you think an agreement for a 2 state solution should occur if all conditions on both sides are met or do you think it might be easier to establish a Palestinian state and then negotiate with Israel with some of the other issues (Jerusalem as the capital / land / etc)?

I know sometime back Israel stated they were willing to exchange land for the land they are building in / claiming.

edit on 24-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

They are wanting to go back to 1967 borders. That is a non starter off the bat. It's a start though.

East Jerusalem will also be a sticking point, as it was "rightfully" taken from Jordan after Jordan attacked Israel, and it contains many Israeli Holy Sites.
edit on 24-4-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Interesting development. I somehow don't see landhungry isreal giving back any stolen land without serious outside pressure to do so though.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Interesting development. I somehow don't see landhungry isreal giving back any stolen land without serious outside pressure to do so though.

If you mean land they took after being attacked, then I guess we need to make a list of all the other countries that have "stolen" land. What country are you from?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I am a native, so your irrelevant argument becomes even more irrelevant to me. I mean all the land they stole, pure and simple. I am sure all those people who have had their property stolen, and their houses bulldozed all were just bad guys though, am I right?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Xcathdra

They are wanting to go back to 1967 borders. That is a non starter off the bat. It's a start though.

East Jerusalem will also be a sticking point, as it was "rightfully" taken from Jordan after Jordan attacked Israel, and it contains many Israeli Holy Sites.

That was my opinion as well. The 1967 boundaries will never be again. But at least this is a little hope from one side. The other doesn't seem too keen on peace lately. The government. Not the people, I should clarify.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I cant see anything other then a one state solution and it has nothing to do with the present or 1967 borders .It goes to the borders that were set into the Bible (old testament) ...If there was ever a state in history that has been able to avoid sanctions and threats and to prolong a issue ,it's Israel . The Zionist who have tremendous control over most of the earth at present have a plan for a one world power that is projected from Israel . For them to just settle for part of the plan will not work and they are willing to destroy every other power that does not go along . Think Russia and the Eurasian all the way to China .Surly another major conflict to occupy the rest of the world is at hand and it would seem that despite what might seem as hopeful news about the PA and a solution will be put on hold again .

I am sure that the covert operations can distract the process and create divisions once again . This piece by Mike Whitney is worth a read .We know that it's the neo-con Zionist have put themselves in control of Washington and they are using the US/Nato and any other duped countries to go along . " “Brzezinski’s strategic formulation is designed to enhance American power in the region in the long term, and whether Putin finds a way to pull back or chooses to invade is immaterial. Either choice Putin makes… will ultimately serve America’s interests, even if a Ukrainian civil war and an energy crisis in Europe have to be part of the price along the way.”

ETA link www.informationclearinghouse.info...
edit on 24-4-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
This is one of the most ridiculous things in history.
every time there are vital peace talks Israel ALWAYS just happens to be implementing settlements in Palestinian territory!
EVERY TIME, indeed just enough to ruin the peace talks and you would think the MSM would for once on a while point this out. NEVER, you don’t even hear about the obvious ploy Israel ALWAYS devises to keep in a state of war.
I wonder do they want peace?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I am a native, so your irrelevant argument becomes even more irrelevant to me. I mean all the land they stole, pure and simple. I am sure all those people who have had their property stolen, and their houses bulldozed all were just bad guys though, am I right?

What Nation/Tribe? I'm a mishmash due to "relocation", mostly Blackfoot, but thats another story. Know a few old guys who fought at Wounded Knee back in the '70's. I find that many who have at least seen or lived by the reservations of the US feel empathy for the Palestinians. They seem to have their land grabbed more and more with settlement building not ceasing.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
So Israel will never accept this and to see America entertain the idea would have their collective blood boiling. I'm sure Mr Netanyahu is bursting at the seams right now. If the US and other western countries begin to support this I'd expect to see a false flag in the near future to justify a total bombardment of Palestine and sending them back to the Stone Age yet again.

If Palestine was no longer divided their voice would be more likely to be heard. Which means their plight by the hands of Israel would be heard and that would not be good for Israel's settlement expansion let alone its plans for total annexation of Jerusalem.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

No. You are the one who is talking in absolutes, not me. We could say the land the US took from the natives should go back .. but then again those natives took it from someone else, who took it from someone else. So since basically all land everywhere is "stolen" I guess humanity will have to leave Earth altogether.

Some of the land Israel should keep, some they should not.
edit on 24-4-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
i wouldn't trust them at all.

they are both terrorist groups, right?

rip down the dome of the rock and have them leave.

hell, give them their stupid rock!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

East Jerusalem should stay with Israel, but with Palestinians given access so long as there is peace.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: tsingtao

East Jerusalem should stay with Israel, but with Palestinians given access so long as there is peace.

access for what? what is built on what? sure, they can come and look, just like they do with the jews.

peace is not peace under threat.

get them out.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Palestinians being united goes a long, long way in improving the overall situation. Once they are united, they are in a position to declare goals, negotiate, make plans, improve.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04 There is a certain truth that is evident to who's land belongs to who and still exist in parts to this day .Laying aside the colonial powers one of the main elements is Language . So today we can see the french have a country called France .The English have a country called England . Language is by far the one dominant factor in the creation of Nations in the Bible .When you consider that it wasn't that long ago that most of North america was covered in Ice surly you can see that it would have been different groups migrating north as the sheets receded .If you consider the dispersal of language it fits quite well . Now the Hebrew's and their history is a little different and it was one of conquest .But the modern day creation of the state of Israel is based solely on a Biblical promise made to Abraham . The conflict comes in with the places that Joshua failed to conquer way back .The same areas are still there . What to do ...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

A promise to Abraham? We are in the year 2014, Israel has been created and destroyed twice after the promise to Abraham, don't you think it's a bit late to be fulfilling things which have already happened and been fulfilled? Zionist's don't have a legitimate claim to Israel and no two state solution or anything else will bring peace to that part of the world. The only part of the Bible Zionists can fulfil is the Antichrist part.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join