It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Charles' brother-in-law dies from fall outside New York club

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Prince Charles' brother-in-law dies from fall outside New York club

NEW YORK, April 23 (UPI) -- The brother-in-law of Prince Charles died Wednesday after slipping and hitting his head the evening before outside a New York City club.
62-year-old Mark Shand was the brother to Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.

Clarence House confirmed Shand's passing:

"It is with deep sadness that we have to confirm that The Duchess of Cornwall's brother, Mark Shand, has today passed away.
"Mr Shand died in hospital as a result of a serious head injury which he sustained during a fall last night.

"The Duchess, The Prince of Wales and all her family members are utterly devastated by this sudden and tragic loss."

At the time of the accident, Shand had just finished presiding over a charity auction for the Elephant Family, a charity dedicated to preventing the extinction of the endangered Asian elephant. He slipped while smoking a cigarette outside the fundraising party.

Shand established the Elephant Family charity in 2002. The charity remembered Shand as "a true force for conservation."

Read more: www.upi.com...

Condolences to the family...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Another one bites the dust.....now if the rest would conveniently pass.....

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

You're very naughty but honest. Star for you.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
A tragedy when anyone dies before their time,but is this really news worthy when he's about 7,336th in line to the throne?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'm sure they will buy him new parts from one of us po folk and he will be just fine.

*pfttttttt

btw, just read that this guy was 62. A lil old to be hanging out nightclubs, no? A smoker too? He was walking a tightrope in life as is.
edit on 23-4-2014 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I don't know if I'm just feeling a bit melancholy today. I thought I was pretty immune to most comments I find offensive on ATS.

But, It's sad to click on a link, and find people celebrating the death of a person. A person whom may not have been a really bad person in life. A person that has family that are mourning, I'm sure.

It's just not the ATS I know.

Des

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
its always a sad day when someone dies unnecessarily
but its becoming obvious if you are related to the crown through marriage and you drink in clubs
don't leave them

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Is this guy even royalty?

I guess I'm sorry he died, thousands of people die every day. Life / death sucks for those people.

Why is he more important than the kids who died on the S. Korean ferry?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I suspect you have to be a serf of the Queen to get the feeling for this one.

I do agree that when a tragedy happens it is sad but this is about the Royals and most of us have had absolutely enough of them in our press lately.The trip to New Zealand and Australia that the media has flooded our newspapers with has really gone over the top so many of us have no relish for another lot concerning another thronee.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

You are right that there is no doubt a faimly somewhere mourning the loss of a loved one.

But the question I keep asking myself is why do we have to be flooded, via the media, of the details of the private lives of "celebrities"? I mean there are lots and lots of people out there who actually do good in their community, who spend their lives working hard and making good things happen for others.

This man was wealthy, but what did he actually do to make life on Earth better? Did he spend his time clearing mines in war torn countries? Did he spend his time trying to cure cancer? Was he engaged in research to find life in the universe? The short answer is, 'no'.

So, why do we (the serfs) have to be inundated with this totally useless and pointless information. Sure, he passed away after an unfortunate event, but let that be a private thing, and let his family mourn in peace and privacy.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
it's the dam anti-smoker do gooders fault!

i'm serious.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dampnickers

Edit - Just an inappropriate reply. (sorry.)
edit on 23-4-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I wonder how much time they spend in consideration of one of our passings. Me thinks less time then I spent writing this post....

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: minusinfinity

Absolutely.

It makes me feel sad for the millions of people who are affected by such things every day, and not one of them is given national/international attention in the media.

If the news really is about events that matter, then lets talk about 'little johhny's' grandmother from down the road who just lots her battle with cancer after three years. Or the old man who spent his time donating plants and flowers to a local park and cleaning it up in his own time and with his own money. Or a million other people besides. (I am, of course, giving scenarios here, but I think it conveys the message well enough).

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dampnickers

because your wife's sister isn't married to the prince.

though, i totally get where you're coming from.... the media hype over someone who you'd have not otherwise ever even heard of before.... even in his passing ... had he not been 'related'/connected to 'royalty'.

to the family, friends, relatives, etc.
my sincere condolence regarding your loss. !

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
I wonder how much time they spend in consideration of one of our passings. Me thinks less time then I spent writing this post....

I think it depends on how many pounds lost in tax collection and free labor.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
TBH ive no love for Royalty or queens or kings or potentates and wish they would all take the high dive....

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
That's weird.

This very afternoon, in a store, while waiting in line to pay, there was this article on the cover of a magazine where Camilla is apparently telling Charles to give her 400 millions or she tells nasty things about him. ( It was reported as Charles being gay... lol ) It was also said, on the cover, that she left him.

I didn't pick up the magazine nor remembers its name tho... :/

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

edit on 23-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Tis a shame that anyone ought to die in pursuit of a cigarette, but I wish to put this in some sort of perspective. First, for those who are wondering if this person was a member of the Royal family, I believe the answer to be a resounding NO. He was the brother of Camilla, the Princes wife, but other than that held no title in particular as far as I am aware.

He was however, as are all persons who orbit the monarchy, bloody well loaded, which is probably why he had the wherewithal to not only manage his own affairs, but also give heavily to charity concerns, like the pachyderm related organisation at whose event he died.

This is only newsworthy, because of who his sister is. Otherwise the story would have been just another obituary in a high class society publication, circulated exclusively amongst the social class comprised of persons with double and triple barrelled surnames, and whose children get Christened as Tarquinius, or Maximilian.

new topics

top topics

join