It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You're dead," Minnesota Homeowner Told Teen Burglar

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Can anyone else read what this person is trying to say?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If he had went down unarmed to confront them and they had overpowered him and killed him, then we would be on here debating how stupid he was not to have armed himself after repeated break-ins...

So I'd say he done the right thing, if my Grandfather killed two thieves on their third break-in to his house, I'd be pretty proud of him....

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DPrice

Can anyone else read what this person is trying to say?

I noticed that the member called other members "imbociles".

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
I don't know about you but in my reality I would do everything in my power NOT TO KILL ANOTHER HUMAN!!!!

I can put my junk in a blender but that does not mean I should.

Once I identified they were kids and of no threat I would have let the law prevail instead of killing them.

There is no material item on this planet that would make me take another individuals life.

Bottom line for all of you... HIS LIFE WAS NOT IN DANGER!!! Think about that and what it means.

edit on 23-4-2014 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I love irony.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

And god you have just got to love all the sick #s on this thread who believe any crimw should be punishable by death. This is why we have a system folks - to put burgulars in jail. These kids commited a crime and should have gotten to go to jail but instead were murdered and now this old man will rot in jail. I hope he few seconds of ecstacy were worth it. All you have to do is listen to the reording to know this man was getting some sort of thrill out of what he was doing. You can hear the bastard dripping with pride. That is frightening. If I ever have to kill a burgular on my proptery it will affect me psychologically and emotionally because I am a normal human being not a murderous animal.

You people cheer it on. You want to know what happened in MY HOMETOWN when a homeowner ( a man, a father) attempted this same kind of crap?? Well basically same story - this guy thinks people are breaking in so he sits in his basement with a loaded gun, waiting. His daughter had snuck outside in the night to see a friend and was sneaking back in through the basement when BOOM BOOM BOOM A man shoots and kills his own daughter because he wanted to be a sick murderous # just like this guy in this story. This is not responsible gun ownership or home defnse I cannot believe you people are advocating this.
edit on 23-4-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

What are you, a professional burglar or something? Don't want to get shot by a person, don't break into their home. Simple concept. Me, I am not shooting with a little .22, I am putting a few bullets center mass with the AR. I am not waiting to see if the intruder is armed or not. Not my problem.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

This is why we have a system folks - to put burgulars in jail

Apparently you didnt read the article, they broke into his house TWICE before...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgedesired
While I don't know how the criminal justice system worked in the homeowner's community, in some areas, the system is little more than a catch-and-release thing. Sometimes there is no incentive for positive change, and the burglaries become a lather, rinse, repeat situation.
Peace.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgedesired

THANK YOU!!!! Somebody said it - his life was not in danger. In most civilized states - you have to percieve a bodily threat as well as the break in to shoot to kill. Once he saw it was kids, he shoulda called the cops or simpy wounded each person once by shooting them in the leg for example.

These people screaming how these teens deserved to be killed are hilarious because it highlights how these member would in fact BE murderous zealous cops given the opportunity yet you see these same posters crying about cops' wrongdoings in the posse commotus forums. SMH.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Today I am discusted with my fellow ATS members.

We don't care.

This is murder your imbociles.

You spelled imbeciles wrong.

Plain and simple first degree murder.

It's self defense.

Yet when some sick old #in man does it wooohoooo MURICA.

So a retired old man, who has suffered time and time and time again from his home being broken into, and who was afraid for his safety - and with good reason - ... he's a sick old f'n man??? Well .. to call him that is what is sick.

The criminals were 'armed with their youth'

Yes. Put an healthy 18 year old man 'who was into playing sports at school' and who has a criminal mentality ... up against a retired old man .... who is going to win a fist fight? Not to mention the fact that the 18 year old criminal has a criminal mentality and he wasn't exactly breaking into the old mans home to do something nice for him. The old man was right to be afraid of him.

LMFAO

Right back atchya

LMAO this olsd man was armed with a GUN. These kids were not.

- The old man was in his own home and was legally allowed to own a firearm for protection - which he obviously needed.
- The repeat offender thief wasn't a 'kid' ... he was a very healthy 18 year old MAN.
edit on 4/23/2014 by FlyersFan because: extra word

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

So, in your book, it was okay for them to keep breaking into his house, because you feel there was no danger to his life....
Wow.
*SMH*
I hope your house is NEVER broken into

I'm thinking the poster is just trolling for a response, which my above post is my last to him
edit on 4/23/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I live not too far from Little Falls over in NW WI, and I did a thread on this story when it first broke, so I followed it for a while. This was a sad case, either way, but the kids put themselves in the position because any one has a right to defend their homes. He may have went a bit extreme, but, regardless, he defended himself, plain and simple. I know I wouldn't hesitate to shoot first and ask questions later if someone broke into my home (and there is no question someone is breaking in if you hear glass breaking). I have a wife and three children to protect. And the way society is today, there's just too much of these break ins, burglaries, murders on the news every night and too often, it's the innocent homeowner or family that gets harmed or killed.

NOT GUILTY!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgedesired
Once I identified they were kids and of no threat ...

- They weren't 'kids'.
- They were repeat offenders ... repeat criminals ...
- An old man vs a healthy 18 year old sports playing Man with criminal intent ... and you see no threat?

Bottom line for all of you... HIS LIFE WAS NOT IN DANGER!!! Think about that and what it means.

Bottom line for you ... YOU DO NOT KNOW THAT ... and he felt that his life was in danger. I don't blame him. I would have as well. Repeat break ins getting more and more violent ... and the cops unable to stop the crimes against me ...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Let me ask you. Say this happens in your home and you do what you say and shoot em with your AR. What if you see one of the people you shot was a woman, still alive, gurgling her own blood, would you go shoot her in the face again for good measure?

I would like to think most would not,. personally I would console her in her final moments...the point is this man went way past self defense of his home or property.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Hey theyre supposed to call out, "Yoo hoo!! We're breaking into your house, but we're not armed, so dont shoot us, okay?"

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

You do realize he shot the first intruder from the bottom of the stairs and they were at the top?

He had plenty of time to call the police and he knew who they were when he saw them but chose to shoot them instead... Then he waited for the friend to come check up on the one and then shot them as well. He was not defending himself he was killing them for breaking in and used vigilante justice. Think about that...Shooting a teen as they are checking on their shot friend...No weapon...scared and checking on their friend dying...then boom you get shot as well... Coward.

He was pissed about them breaking in which we all would be.

He wanted to shoot them to get his revenge plain and simple and he is a coward.

His life was not in danger...end of story... They did not try to rush him...They did not try to over take him.

I would be the first person to drop someone in my home but only if my life was in DANGER or my family.

edit on 23-4-2014 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Meh sorry for my name calling. I just do not agree here - I apologize for any hostility on my part....I understand the old man and you guys' position.

One thing we can all agree on - why the recording? Had this guy not recorded what happened that night he certainly would never have evn seen a trial. I do not get how he possibly thought this recording would help him and his case...I guess if you are going to do this do it right and leave nothing but your story. Possible lesson here.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The owner armed himself and set out to kill whoever was in his house, no matter if they were armed or not. He shoots the first boy then , according to the recording, had a tarp ready to drag the body onto and away from the carpet. The girl is then shot and doesn't die immediately, evidenced by the recording. The owner doesn't then call the police or an ambulance, he proceeds to shoot the girl again until she is dead.

What part of this case is NOT premeditation?

The owner clearly committed premeditated murder, not self home defense. He should be tried and punished accordingly.

Oh and I have to share my utter disgust at those posters here who applaud the actions of this murderer. Only in America is human life considered so worthless.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Seems like emotions are getting out of hand again and rational thinking is not being applied here.

The guy is guilty of murder folks, whether you like it or not.

Facts:
#1: He had a tarp handy to put the bodies in. His intention was to kill the burglars, plain and simple.
#2: He had a audio recorder going to document the act.
#3: I don't believe he was scared at all, but rather angry, This is demonstrated by the fact that after he shot the burglars, he had a few choice words to say to them before shooting them again.

This is not a case like the Trevon Martin case where one shot was fired. But multiple shots over a period of time. And it was all recorded.

I really don't care about the burglars. Just two more bad people removed from society. He probably would have walked if he had just shot them both multiple times at once and then called the police. But he didn't do that.

He's going to jail for the rest of his life for his actions I bet.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join