It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only a few will be Saved: Space Brothers, and the Cult of the UFO (Part 1)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Here in San Diego, we had a UFO/spiritual movement that called themselves Unarians. They had a plot of land in Mexico where they said spaceships would land to take them away in the year 2000. I figured it'd all be over by January 2001 but their building is still out there in El Cajon, but now they have the stones to call themselves the Unarius Academy of Science. They used to have late night infomercials about their movement that were crazy as hell.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'm truly surprised with the lack of replies to this thread. Cmon ATS, a well presented and thought out piece of research.
Don't let ATS lose it standards, IMHO. there are not enough research pieces, ,just wish I was brainy enough to post something of value. OP, I applaud you.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

The I AM Activity

Perhaps the first UFO cult (at least of the 20th century) was the 'I AM Activity', which was an offshoot of the Theosophy movement. A fellow by the name of Guy Ballard met another person claiming to be the 'Count of St. Germain' at that alleged paranormal and UFO hotspot Mt. Shasta. The Count gave all sorts of mystical instruction to Ballard including the Theosophical concept of the Ascended Masters and interestingly, allowing Ballard to view the planet Venus on his special television which I have found scant detail about so far. Venus and Venusians are prominent in a lot of early 'Contactee' mythologies. The I AM Activity seem more New Age oriented, with what seems to be a more peripheral view of UFOs and aliens, but they are an interesting early phenomena certainly worth looking at.

More on the I AM Activity can be found here:

badassdigest.com...

That is interesting. I met someone local who had a similar story of meeting "The Count of Saint Germain" at Mount Shasta. I know he had been to Mount Shasta because he had a lot of photos from Mount Shasta in his photo album.

I had previously heard of the "Count of Saint Germain" as he is a man who was reported to have lived hundreds of years and to have been some sort of diplomat in European courts. I don't know if this is some modern character who modeled himself on this old account/myth. I do find much of the "Space Brothers" mythology from the 1950s to be one of the more interesting aspects to the who realm of UFO related folk history.

I hope you will go into some detail about "Ashtar" or "Astoreth" - who again was a persistent figure who has been mentioned back into the 1950s.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
S&F...my first, BTW (for whatever reason I couldn't bestow them before now).

Great intro, though the first known cults probably existed much earlier in history since there are so many artifacts depicting saucers and aliens. Looking forward to future posts on this topic.

In the meantime, I've been trying to start my own cult but no one will try my cool-aid. I've had a hard enough time getting them to just hold their breath for 30 seconds...

edit: looks like my stars and flags still aren't going through. Wonder what the problem is - anyone know??
edit on 24-4-2014 by Varhaard because: Stars and flags not registering

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Woo! Great stuff!

I'm also looking forward to the Gulf Breeze Six stuff. Honestly that was probably the spookiest part of the Gulf Breeze flap.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

This is interesting. A few months ago esteemed ATS member Kantzveldt created a thread called the Language of Vampyre (or something like that). In that thread he/she posted a strange youtube video titled MOV 0009.
So when I watched this video, I noticed other videos associated with this that related to a person named Omnec Onec. I've accessed the same video from different computers and access points, and still saw the associated videos of this so called Venusian named Omnec Onec.
It doesn't seem like she belongs to a certain group, but just to herself.
My questions are:
1.) Who/what is the being shown in MOV 0009?
2.) Why is Omnec Onec always associated with this strange video?

Kratos..

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Kratos40

I'm not at all familiar with either of the things you have mentioned.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance. That Vampyre thread is touching on some strange stuff, but nothing I have any knowledge of.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I wonder if we can make real life "They Live" glasses

check out ... Reverse Politzer Spectacle Telescope (RPST).

*I tried to start a new topic but wasn't allowed*

www.youtube.com...

edit on 28-4-2014 by OccupySFV because: changed sentence

edit on 28-4-2014 by OccupySFV because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: thedoctorswife

I'm truly surprised with the lack of replies to this thread. Cmon ATS, a well presented and thought out piece of research

I think the issue is that nobody would disagree that UFO cults exist and that they are weird. So what fun is it to all agree?
I actually find this fascinating and think this was well presented as well.

So you are surprised at the lack of replies and then I'm not. Shall we go back and fourth so as to keep this excellent thread at the top?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I am activity is the right phrase. However you may as well just say business, or busy-ness as usual. Which leads us to cults, one thing about cults is - cults are useful. Another thing about cults is - that they are a favorite pastimes for many people through out the ages, and some become so entranced and entrenched they have become normal everyday activity, which eventually becomes habit, which eventually becomes instinct.

However the truth is that there is no truth. There have been many masters of this or that, some have had there points, and others have had different point. When confronted with any cult I generally say I am busy, no time for such fervor.
edit on 10pmMondaypm282014f1pmMon, 28 Apr 2014 22:54:54 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
"Only a few will be saved", is the problem I have with this. I guess it would be more an "everybody-or-no-one" type of situation, and I don't think founding some strange cults around people, who know nothing and claim to know it all, would do any good to anyone. Just kind of proofing to them what crazy monkeys we are. We are doing this since the beginning of mankind, don't we? "Look something I don't understand!" "Oooh must be god/whatever, let's start some weird ritual-bull#!"

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Are UFO cults created by design by some intel group or perhaps even a 'supernatural' force with an agenda?

My research on the Raelians and Urantia cults left me 100% convinced...

I´ve read Steve Thomas' articles about the plausible connections between Rael and the NWO. I came to the same conclusions about 4 years ago. I used to be a Raelian guide level 4 and responsible for the country of Sweden. When I started to see the connections between Raelism and the agenda of the elite, I quit the movement and wrote a book about my experiences. You can find it here for free: www.realrael.org... Raelians Define Illuminati Agenda

Illuminati Linked to Raelians

The 'Evelyn Rothschild' Facebook page contains a central link directly connecting to the bizarre RAELIAN movement - a sinister New Age cult . The group's website states: "The Raelian Revolution is boldly bringing about a complete paradigm shift on our planet." This cannot be ignored, given its claim that a who's who of the world's elite, including Barack Obama and Tony Blair, are its "friends."

The cult is headed by a man they call RAEL MAITREYA - Maitreya being a Sanskrit word for the anticipated 'new Buddha', or 'enlightened one'. The term has been absorbed within New Age and Theosophy terminology, where it has come to mean; the coming WORLD TEACHER. Others, especially bona fide students of the Bible, from many mainstream, non-cult, religious groups, believe this Maitreya to be a future manifestation of the ANTICHRIST. 'Rael Maitreya' is more than well connected:

On the friends' list of the 'Rael Maitreya' page, we find the initially inconspicuous 'Igor N. Grata' - evidently it seems, a preeminent activist within the cult of Raelism:

Igor N. Grata, directly inter-linked with 'Evelyn Rothschild' and 'Rael Maitreya', has no less than 57 Rothschilds and 13 Rockefellers, and a list of the most significant world leaders, entertainment stars, lists of Royal Princes, Sultans, and European Nobility. Film Stars, Society Greats the world over - all directly personally attached as friends to this personal Raelian Cult Facebook site.

Illuminati Who's Who Linked to Raelians

edit on Apr000000Tue, 29 Apr 2014 00:25:17 -050012am30Tue, 29 Apr 2014 00:25:17 -050020142529 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
About the Urantia book...

It seems that there are many connections of Urantia's founder William Sadler to the wealthy and notorious Kellogg Family.

The Skull and Bones connections of the Kellogg family are very significant, because the modern history of elite mind control and manipulation of cults as a political tool is deeply intertwined with S & B.

The Urantia Cult is a Skull & Bones Spin-Off

The Urantia Brotherhood’s holy text was 'supposedly channelled by a member of the Kellogg family, which had four members enrolled in Skull & Bones fraternity at the time to book was produced.' The Urantia Book is a "treatise" on racial eugenics, a political and academic document that reflects the beliefs and serves the political purposes of the social class that makes up Skull & Bones:

Many of the cult's early members had positions in government and poltical bodies like the UN - similar to the career paths of Bonesmen. Where do you suppose Unrantia's founders got the idea of recruiting from and infiltrating government and NGO bureaucracies? But take a closer look at the cult's "channelled" bible. The Urantia Book is highly political: "Dr. Sadler whose Urantia book preaches World Government under a World Executive - much like the Rockefeller drive for global government. ... "

The Urantia book is a mind control tool that serves the upper-class comprising Bones. It is larded with the same eugenics that have been a hallmark of S&B for the past century: The Bones society is also known to be on close terms with the CIA, but the Urantia sect had long been a front for agents of government and the Complex before the CIA came along. "

The Urantia Cult is a Skull & Bones Spin-Off

See also:

Urantia - One of Satan's greatest masterpieces of deception
Urantia CIA experimental mind control programming
Links to CIA and the MK Ultra
The Cult of Urantia
Urantia: The Great Cult Mystery

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Will the Heaven's Gate cult be in one of these writeups? Also, where did part 2 go? The shark tank of Scientology naysayers?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I read it, thought about it and almost collapsed laughing. Want to know why?
Shhh, don't tell anyone, but that's probably the dumbest thing ever. No offense, it's not your fault you got it all wrong, you're just....

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ninipe

Shhh, don't tell anyone, but that's probably the dumbest thing ever.

Don't worry, I won't tell a SOUL.

Consider it our little secret...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Any crossover between The Nine and the Urantia stuff?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

You're funny, so I gave you a star and this:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1ofthe9
Any crossover between The Nine and the Urantia stuff?

Good catch...

Both of them have obvious links to the CIA and MK Ultra.

Perhaps the most disturbing aspect of the history of The Nine is its relationship to the career of Andrija Puharich. Recent research has revealed Puharich to have a distinctly sinister side. As an Army doctor in the 1950s, he was deeply involved with the CIA's notorious MKULTRA mind control project (see panel). He - together with the infamous Dr Sidney Gottlieb - experimented with a variety of techniques to change or induce actual thought processes. even to creating the impression of voices in the head. These techniques included the use of drugs, hypnosis and beaming radio signals directly into the subject's brain.

And, significantly, he was engaged in this work at exactly the same time that The Nine made their first appearance at the Round Table Foundation. The Foundation itself is now known to have been largely funded by the Pentagon as a front for its medical and parapsychological research. Puharich was still working for the CIA in the early 1970s, when he brought Uri Geller out of Israel. Puharich's use of hypnosis is particularly interesting in The Nine circle. In the case of Uri Geller and Bobby Horne, he first hypnotised them and then suggested that they were in touch with The Nine - and lo, they were! Ira Einhorn - a close associate of Puharich's during the 1970s - confirmed to us that he believed that Puharich was "humanly directing" The Nine communications.

The evidence we have gathered strongly suggests that Tom and his fellow gods originated, not in the stars, but behind closed doors as part of a CIA mind control experiment. And what happened to that experiment? Now with hundreds of thousands of devotees, some in very high places, can The Nine be deemed a success? Of course, that depends very much on what the CIA had in mind. With their subtle racist propaganda, perhaps the flaky New Age Nine should worry the hell out of us. The Council of Nine

edit on ApruWed, 30 Apr 2014 11:24:23 -050011am30Wed, 30 Apr 2014 11:24:23 -050020142430 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
this is reminding me of an idea I had;

sort of an inverse of "ancient astronaut theory".. where by aliens take the place of gods, however its different in that both the gods and these "aliens", are for the most part products of the mind.
they fill the same psychological/mental/emotional/spiritual/whatever niche.

These Space-Brother Cults often seem to have ET's portrayed as being all knowing, and all powerful, and all good... incredibly benign in a manner that strikes me as unrealistic.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join