It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How come the messages icon does not light up when we have a message?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I get no notifications when I have a message in my inbox. Shouldn't the icon light up or animate in some way to indicate there is a message waiting for me?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I am beginning to think U2U is broken...... I don't get emails... well except from MoDs....

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: anon72 No it works for me ..maybe no one loves you :>)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
If the person who sent the message goes to their outbox and reads what they sent out before the recipient opens it, the alert box will not show a pending message.

It's happened to me often.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua Thanks I didn't know that ....

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

If the person who sent the message goes to their outbox and reads what they sent out before the recipient opens it, the alert box will not show a pending message.

It's happened to me often.

That's weird, but thanks for the explanation...
couldn't SO put a 'hold' on the senders outbox to prevent that? Like we have to wait for our posts to 'load' before we can see them? It could say, "Please wait while we notify your recipient..." and then reactivate after their light comes on?

Also - does that mean that if we have a message light for a day or two, and don't notice it, and the sender goes back to their outbox for the day they sent it, the light will go off for the recipient?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Yes. Unfortunately, that's exactly what it means

J

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Thanks. I appreciate it.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Thanks, I will stop doing that. I tend to do that as I have a bad habit of hitting send before I edit.
Me~Type the last word, hit send "No no no wait, I wasn't ready!"

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It always lights for me...thats how I know to look

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
Thanks, I will stop doing that. I tend to do that as I have a bad habit of hitting send before I edit.
Me~Type the last word, hit send "No no no wait, I wasn't ready!"

As my previous employer told me regarding sending emails, "Write, stop, read, do not hit send. Reread, stop, do not hit send. Let me read it, then hit send if I think it is okay." I had a tendency to say what I felt instead of being PC. Especially with the FAA. Maybe that is why they are my ex employers.

top topics

join