It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the ATS polls?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Pretty much like stated in the title, What happened to those polls that used to be used a lot before the 2012 elections?

We have had a lot of topics that have developed a lot of interest since we've moved to the new ATS format, I'd like to see some more polls so we can get an idea of how divided or united ATS is on topics.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

I think thet took up a lot of abnormal man-hours.

But I enjoyed them as well. One thing you can say about ATS. It never stays stagnant. Always trying new things...for better or worse. But they're not afraid to try.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I didnt no ther was pols I am relatively new tho...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoovDawg

I didnt no ther was pols I am relatively new tho...

There used to be polls with the old forum format. They were pretty detailed and visually appealing. I wouldn't expect it to take a lot of time like another poster said.. I mean can't you create a template?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
We used to have our own polling software on our servers, that we purchased, until a security exploit was discovered and the vendor had no timeframe for a fix. I deleted it.

The we used a third party polling system, until they changed their privacy policies to something quite a bit less than ATS members would tolerate. So I stopped using it.

Started looking for alternatives a couple months ago -- lots of suckage out there. They may return, but can't give a timeframe.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

I had the same thoughts when they stopped. They were interesting just to see where people stood on the issues.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
We used to have our own polling software on our servers, that we purchased, until a security exploit was discovered and the vendor had no timeframe for a fix. I deleted it.

The we used a third party polling system, until they changed their privacy policies to something quite a bit less than ATS members would tolerate. So I stopped using it.

Started looking for alternatives a couple months ago -- lots of suckage out there. They may return, but can't give a timeframe.

Thanks for the heads up S.O. I'm glad the idea wasn't scrapped all together. Hopefully you find something, I think the polls definitely gave a general idea of what ATS was thinking.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Awhile ago I just made up my own poll, asking members if they use the white background or gray background, and had overwhelming results (gray). I don't know if that was one reason ATS made the default background the dark one when people come here without signing it as members, but if it was or not, the poll was fun to play. Another member made an informal poll about belief in the faking or non-faking of the moon landing. So even without formal polls, it seems just putting up an informal poll thread leads to informative outcomes.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I have to admit. One of the best things about this site is the quick response to issues that members bring up in this forum.

Quick responses from people who actually know the answer or can find out etc.

edit on 4/23/2014 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Polls are back. The first one is here

Or, just use it here:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Very nice!!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Polls are back.

very neat, although it would be nice if the results would include the amount of votes thus far. for all we know a 75% 25% split could be 4 voters. lol. hardly worthy of noting, not sure if you have any ability to add such function but it sure would be nice for perspective to know how many have voted when viewing results.

top topics

join