It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Atheism is a Satanic teaching. So in that manner, yes it is a satanically inspired conspiracy against God.

Are all atheists Satanists? Without a doubt there are atheists who do not believe in Satan. And there are atheists, like you mentioned, who claim to be Satanists, all-the-while claiming not to believe in God. There are probably not a few of them who are indeed aware of Satan and the spirit realm. But not all of them.

There are many reasons people are atheists. Some are raised in households where they are taught that God doesn't exist, and that is just what they believe because that is how they were raised. They are also taught this in secular education at school, and all around the world. So they perhaps don't know any better.

Another reason people stop believing in God is the fact that many religions who claim to be worshipers of God use God as an excuse to commit horrible acts of atrocity on society.

The period of time that people really stopped believing in God was after World War I. And that is not without reason. During that war, millions upon millions of religious people were told to commit horrible crimes against humanity on each other, and almost all of it done in God's name. Each religion in Christendom, by the time WWI ended had bloodied on its hands. Many people saw the hypocrisy of the Churches and became disillusioned with God.

In the mid-1800's also several movements appeared on the scene. One was with Karl Marx. He was raised a Christian, and even preached for a time. But he joined several elite secret societies that had Satanic teachings in them, and from there he got much of his anti-God ideas, and wanted a world ruled without anything religious. His beliefs along with those of others gave sprout to modern-day Communism which is completely anti-god. So now whole societies have been raised in atheistic regimens where filthy propaganda is constantly spread to keep peoples minds and hearts blind.

Also during the 1800's the theory of evolution took a foothold in scientific circles. It was inspired by occultists who were initiates and masters of the ancient mystery religions, worshipers of Satan. He used these men to influence modern-day intellectuals and higher critics to go away from believing in God.

There are many reasons why people don't believe in God. There is no possible way we can cover them all in one blanket statement.

NOW, to get to the real truth of the matter. Political rulers have for thousands of years used religion as a tool to manipulate the people.

The Bible does NOT condone the acts of Christendom. It does not condone the shedding of your brothers blood. So while many religionists, and so-called "Christians" use the Bible to excuse their disgusting practices, that does not make God or the Bible responsible.

In fact the Bible foretold a great apostasy from the truth. And it also foretold that many would come preaching in God's name but dishonoring him by their works, and because of these the way of the truth would be spoken of abusively:

(2 Timothy 3:1, 2,5)  But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves. . ...having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power

(2 Peter 2:1-3) . . .However, there also came to be false prophets among the people, as there will also be false teachers among YOU. These very ones will quietly bring in destructive sects and will disown even the owner that bought them, bringing speedy destruction upon themselves. 2 Furthermore, many will follow their acts of loose conduct, and on account of these the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively. 3 Also, with covetousness they will exploit YOU with counterfeit words. But as for them, the judgment from of old is not moving slowly, and the destruction of them is not slumbering.

God's word show that God does NOT condone the conduct of Christendom and he will soon hold her to account because of her actions, at which time he will put it into the hearts of this world's rulers to turn upon false religion, starting with the clergy of Christendom, and will completely expose her for who she is, and then destroy her.

People will at that time have no choice but to flee to atheism. But she will not be a bastion of hope or salvation. For she too will soon fall at the revelation of Jesus with his angels to bring execution on this wicked world:

(Matthew 24:30) 30 And then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

(Ezekiel 38:23) . . .And I shall certainly magnify myself and sanctify myself and make myself known before the eyes of many nations; and they will have to know that I am Jehovah.’
edit on 22-4-2014 by iSomeone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Great replies, thanks for being fair.

I am not expert, my thread is just my opinion and feelings.

I respect all and love this country.

We are going through a #ty time right now and I am just saying the God can be anything.

Its vague but most people do believe in a higher being.

I don't care what religion you are in.

edit on 22-4-2014 by maxzen2004 because: Typo

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: maxzen2004

To each his own boss.

I have no problem with any religion really, until that religion tries to make my kids learn about it without them being able to opt out.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
a reply to: beezzer
...If religion ran the government like the Christians want, then over half of everything I believe in would be illegal.

...1. Marriage Equality
2. Human equality
3. Sexual freedom
4. The right of an individual to use any recreational substance in the privacy of their own home or property
5. Evolution and other sciences at odds with the Bible
6. Abortion
7. Birth Control
8. Religious freedom for all

Well - if you threw in the "illegalities" of the particular sect I was framed in...you could add quite a few more...with a couple of examples, being:
9. Women cannot wear pants, pant suits, pantaloons, koolots...
10. Women cannot wear makeup or jewelry (other than matrimonial rings)
11. Divorce is virtually the unforgivable sin
So - how would you like that bunch (and there are even multiple sects that are similar, with some being even more oppressive) deciding what goes and doesn't go in this society?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The majority of people in the world believe in a God. Nine out of 10 American's in one poll were shown to believe. We are known as the first truly free Country - free to choose our own God. It doesn't have to be Christian or any specific denomination but rather all under one God - in unity regardless of which path we choose to that god. So to take that away from wording or schools; tradition - all to be crusaders in the world because someone thinks the majority of the world's population is wrong seems off to me.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

AS AN ATHEIST ( prefer agnostic ) ... I had to sign in just to tell you how offended I am at this .. I have no problem with religion options being offered at schools but Science is what atheists primarily are about... so think long and hard about that.. you're labeling SCIENCE as Atheism ... Atheism is not a religion .. it's acceptance of known science...

What is religion? there's no true known history there.. if there is archaeology to support a lesson then SUPPORT it and teach it... but much of what is in the bible is honestly exactly the same as the lore you find in greek mythology.. with little to no support in fact..

I support teaching realism... and I support teaching CULTURE, and CULTURAL HISTORY whether it's real or not, it's cultural preservation of belief... I also support PHILOSOPHY .. religion fits in multiple categories where appropriate..

But to say that ATHEISM equates satanism is absurd... if atheists don't believe in God.. they surely don't believe in Satan.. that's just ridiculous in logic
edit on 4/22/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Unless you're talking about the cult of government, that is.

Oooooohhhh...

Now you're REALLY getting down to the nitty gritty truth.

The government is ALSO a cover...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: maxzen2004
This country was founded with God, it's all over our country's most important documents.

Allow me to argue that point.

This country (United states of America) was not founded on God, believe it or not.

"Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man" - Thomas Jefferson

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Ben Franklin

"Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst." - Thomas Paine

"The Bible is not my book, nor Christianity my profession."- Abraham Lincoln

"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise." - James Madison

"Religious controversies are always productive of more acrimony and irreconcilable hatreds than those which spring from any other cause. Of all the animosities which have existed among mankind, those which are caused by the difference of sentiments in religion appear to be the most inveterate and distressing, and ought most to be depreciated. I was in hopes that the enlightened and liberal policy, which has marked the present age, would at least have reconciled Christians of every denomination so far that we should never again see the religious disputes carried to such a pitch as to endanger the peace of society." - George Washington

..:::Treaty of Tripoli::...
Article 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

:::::::

So, not exactly what you had in mind, right?

While I agree that Atheism shouldn't be forced, I also believe neither should Christianity or any other religion for that matter. There are things we don't know about some turn to logical reasoning and others turn to religion. Whatever makes the individual feel better.

But no, this country absolutely was not founded on religion. I believe God came into the picture as a response to Russia during the Cold War since Russia is a Godless country.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Dianec

You quoted a statistic that is wrong.. you said 9 in 10 of the WORLD believe in god.. that's false.. 9 in 10 of the US believed in God.. but that's also an old statistic

But you're playing statistic bingo.. some stats say 60% do... but you're then left to answer the question WHICH god do they believe in .. look up how many different gods are being worshiped currently.. when you start breaking down the stats without generalizing them the numbers SHRINK..

Ask how many people believe in your religion's god.. get real stats and come back... don't generalize it.. look at your sect of your religion and get REAL numbers...if you look at how many believe in "a god" or "gods" then you're lumping tons of religions into one...

Just as an example, I have three friends that fight bitterly because they all think other sect of Christianity is wrong and theirs is the one true version is right... the others will burn... who's right? do you count the fact they all believe in a very version of god as a point in "believing in god"s corner? I should think not..

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: WanDash

Well - if you threw in the "illegalities" of the particular sect I was framed in...you could add quite a few more...with a couple of examples, being:
9. Women cannot wear pants, pant suits, pantaloons, koolots...
10. Women cannot wear makeup or jewelry (other than matrimonial rings)
11. Divorce is virtually the unforgivable sin
So - how would you like that bunch (and there are even multiple sects that are similar, with some being even more oppressive) deciding what goes and doesn't go in this society?

Yep. My point exactly. Like I said, I njust posted a short list, off the top of my head, of things I believe in that are illegal, prohibited, or banned in states that still run on religious dogma.

I was raised as an evangelical, and often was forced to attend church. One of which was a fundementalist baptist church that repeatedly tried to punish me and coerce my parents into destroying all my pants and forcing me to dress as a "godly" woman, as well as "behave like one". (Far from immodest, the jeans and sweaters that made up my wardrobe were plain and covered everything but my face and hands. My "unwomanly" behavior was my interest in chemistry and engineering and fascination with ripping up broken lawnmowers to see how they functioned). So yeah, I knew what religious tyranny was like within the privacy of my own home. Which is why I am determined to keep it in the home, and away from our courts and law books.

Thankfully, I live in a state where all of the above, plus much more, are legal and permitted. A live and let live attitude, when it comes to law and politics. And we even have guns, too.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Then family is also a cover ... independence = death of the family!

Can't be independent if there is actually a God!

Its about Faith-fulness!

God sends Satan to test us and we fail the instant we turn away from God and act unfaithful to them.

I don't fear Satan ... I FEAR GOD!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Just so we are being clear here, the OPs is equating the USA to God....not some separate deity that has nothing to do with manmade lines....the USA is a deity.
Idol worship...luckily it isn't written anywhere that you can have false idols

Anyhow, have yet to read the replies (I imagine there are many colorful ones). So, here is my initial response to the ops:

Atheists are legally removing god from our schools, public displays and courthouse buildings. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Incorrect, you cannot remove a deity from any of that, to include the mind of the person, You can however removed forced prayers of a specific manmade religion, idols, and such paid for by tax dollars. Lots of people complain about this, yet its these same people who just freak the eff out about any hint of islam..because its a different set of traditions than they like..so suddenly its bad..
Atheists are trying to remove any pressing of the Islamic movement..or the hindu movement, the jewish movement, the pagan movement, etc...oh, and though you may cheer for that..also the x-ian movement included there...that is the actual issue here..not that atheists are removing god, but rather, trying to block your particular flavor of religion from tax supported idols

Next up:

This country was founded with God

No, this country was conquered with guns. the original founders of this country came over hunting animals on a land bridge long, long ago.

I served in the military and I would die for my country and its founding fathers beliefs. Amen

Your founding fathers beliefs seen anyone not white as not a real person..would you die for that belief?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I don't often reply to threads especially religion ones but I just have to this time.

I don't know how you can possibly equate atheism with satanism as the entire concept depends on the belief in the bible religious system. An atheist does not believe in the concept of god, the bible god or any other god.

The idea of satan comes from the bible, whether you believe he was a fallen angel, a demon or whatever, without the bible and a belief in god, satan does not exist.

Atheists therefore cannot be satanists.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I haven't seen anyone from government saying to believe one way specifically.

yes you have : every example of the 10 commandments , biblical verses etc etc on public buildings , or funded by govt entities at anny level is an official endorsement of Christianity

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DietJoke
a reply to: Murgatroid

Then family is also a cover ... independence = death of the family!

Can't be independent if there is actually a God!

Its about Faith-fulness!

God sends Satan to test us and we fail the instant we turn away from God and act unfaithful to them.

I don't fear Satan ... I FEAR GOD!

No, you are dealing with human nature... you blame your guilt on satan because you don't want to accept responsibility for the thought or action you took so you ask your god to excuse you, which your bible conveniently does because it teaches you someone else will atone for your immorality.. that's human nature... you do something wrong you ask someone else to deal with it so you can sleep well at night.. I wish people understood that this is the core of what's wrong with us... we do wrong because we think we'll have someone forgive us for it later... wrong is wrong.. you take a life you take a life, you wrong someone.. you wrong someone.. we need to look at morality at what it is... stop hurting people.. stop doing wrong.. stop passing off our mistakes to "a greater power who will forgive us just cause"

That is the most horrific thing I know.. to do so many horrible things in the name of another just because a book said "hey it's cool, do it.. just pray to me and you're golden" ... do you not have any sense?

If this were all true then everyone would get their due.. but they don't.. those smart people who are bad at heart usually win... I'm not saying that's good.. I'm saying it's your fault for thinking everyone is going to obey the rules and for thinking that "god" is going to make it right... it's not that way.. we all play by the same rules.. and we always have.. history is quite clear there.. no matter how good or bad you are.. you die, and you fight injustice or justice the same... Life is life.. it's equal.. but if you are bad.. it's obvious the group will revolt against you.. the's the normality of morality... not religion ...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

In order to believe in Satan, I'd have to believe in a god. And the answer to that is no. So...yeah. The idea that I worship or idolize Satan is laughable. I do hold "darkness" in as great an esteem as I do "light", because they are meaningless without each other. But that's philosophy, not religion.

Also, America is not the greatest country in the world. We have our flaws just like every other nation. I once heard someone describe it as "pretentious", and I think that goes a long way in establishing this "greatest country" misconception.
edit on 22-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: solomons path

originally posted by: Cuervo

The first amendment simply states that government will not establish a state religion.

I haven't seen anyone from government saying to believe one way specifically.

Unless you're talking about the cult of government, that is.

But having "god" in publicly-funded schools is a form of endorsement for a religion. If it said "under a god" or "under divinity" or something non-specific, that might be a bit better but atheists might still have a problem with it.

Personally, it doesn't bother me but I totally get why it bothers others.

I don't know why faith has so many so bothered, honestly.

If you don't want to believe a certain way, then don't.

But I disagree when people TELL me what I should believe, or not.

Nobody is telling you what to believe . . . they are saying . . . Keep it to yourself and keep it out of government. A government that was not founded for or by your god. Unfortunately, the JudeoIslamiChristians can't separate the two and why they've been F'n up the world the its advancement for few millenia.

wow! so you mean that without religion, i would be star trekking around the galaxy? beaming down and hanging with orion slave girls?

no wars at all? no hunger? no illness?

i'd have my flying car at least.

i think bigoted views should be kept to oneself.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dianec
The majority of people in the world believe in a God. Nine out of 10 American's in one poll were shown to believe. We are known as the first truly free Country - free to choose our own God. It doesn't have to be Christian or any specific denomination but rather all under one God - in unity regardless of which path we choose to that god. So to take that away from wording or schools; tradition - all to be crusaders in the world because someone thinks the majority of the world's population is wrong seems off to me.

A lot of inaccuracies and assumptions, based on presupposition in this post.

First, most polls show that about 80% is "religious" . . . not that they believe in your god or any god. Many religions have no god, like Buddhism, Taoism, Animism, etc. Then there are the Non-believers (Atheist) and Agnostics who equal about 20% of the world pop. So no . . . the "majority" doesn't believe in a god.

Of those 80%, whether a god is involved or not, no religion has any actual evidence that there claims are real or hold any validity. If 80% of the world believed in elves, yet no evidence for elves exist (as is really the case), does the fact that a large number of people believe in something prove it to be a valid claim or exist? The answer is no . . . that's why they are all called "faiths".

Another error in your reasoning is trying to tie all religions together harmoniously. The vast diversity of belief does not make for a unified front for all religions. Nor does it make a solid case for one in particular. The world's believers are not in agreement on even the most basic of points or what even constitutes a god. There is no consensus on if these gods are real or how they want us to worship them.

It's ridiculous to try to unify all conflicting belief systems and claim that collectively they point to a greater truth. In fact, with how wildly they differ and the fact that no one religion has any more evidence to support it than any other, it makes more sense that they all cancel each other out.

edit on 4/22/14 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: okamitengu

Except when you remove God, you are teaching your atheism to MY kid. Oh, the humanity. See, I don't care about you, either, until you start teaching it to my kids.

Who agreed to make atheism the default?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Why not move to the middle east where they embrace church and state. Its worked out beautifully for them.

BTW I'm not an atheist , I just don't see the good in segregating race or faith as step towards peace.

edit on 22430America/ChicagoTue, 22 Apr 2014 21:22:15 -0500up3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join