It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#MyNYPD Twitter Campaign Hijacked

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
New York Daily News
New York Magazine
Complex
Russia Today

It appears the NYPD tried to get hip with twitter for a little community outreach. It all started with the tweet below.

It didn't take long before the tweets started pouring in. There was around 10,000 tweets in 4 hours that included the hashtag #MyNYPD It's probably obvious not many of these will make the facebook page.

edit on 22-4-2014 by ATSmediaPRO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Epic.

It is sad that the police on the streets who actually do a good job are stuck with the same reputation as the others who are just scum.

Yet, these responses are just what are needed. Let's highlight the scum and get them shamed off the streets!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: dampnickers
Epic.

It is sad that the police on the streets who actually do a good job are stuck with the same reputation as the others who are just scum.

what brain trust at the NYPD thought this would turn out in their favor ?

and, if the NYPD can select which photos go on their facebook, does that not show the LACK of INTEGRITY?

1. revenue generation
2. arrests for a plant*. (Tyranny and those that enforce it ARE TYRANTS)
3. enforce "free speech" zones.. zones for free speech
excuse me!?
4. CONTRIBUTING and PROFITING from a FOR PROFIT prison system
5. the TOOL the globalists use against the people

6. Controlling and INHIBITING peoples right to PROTEST
7. Infringing on the 2nd Amendment

8. Swat raids on non violent offenders

no need to continue listing... ANYONE that engages in, profits from, enables, or perpetuates ANY of the above truly IS SCUM

* "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

edit on 22-4-2014 by HanzHenry because: bb

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: HanzHenry

Exactly, as far as the "good cops" when they turn a blind eye and do nothing they become just as guilty!

This I think by far is the worst decision on their behave since shooting the guy to death you pick which guy you want!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This is hilarious. I bet they figured they could just pick and choose which photos to share. Too bad actual users can search twitter BY hashtag.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snakedoctorjw

Exactly, as far as the "good cops" when they turn a blind eye and do nothing they become just as guilty!

This I think by far is the worst decision on their behave since shooting the guy to death you pick which guy you want!

there is no such thing as a "good cop".. not if they engage in ANY of the things listed, and ALL NYPD do

"just following orders" never is an excuse because you are an American before, during and after being a cop.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Evening,

Here's another...

betabeat.com...

"The dog was reaching for a gun."

Absolutely priceless.
I hope the pooch was unharmed although I would be remiss not to comment that the owner is lucky they didn't just shoot a dog that big and bill the owner for the removal of the remains.
I think this is just the sort of thing the PD needs to keep it on the straight and narrow.
Consequently, it'll likely be stopped quickly...

-Peace-

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSmediaPRO

Photo is worth a thousand words... But which of those is accurate. You could snap a photo of me in my office at the right moment that could be perceived in a manner contrary to reality.

I think law enforcements has a tough time doing an essential job while being subject to the highest levels of scrutiny. Don't get me wrong, there are those bad apples, but I can only respect those willing to serve and protect.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
While the city should step back and say "Wow, what are we doing wrong to get this sort of reaction?", it's more likely to be "RAARR - who are these people who have slandered us? use our assets to find them and punish them!"

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BaneOfQuo

Subject to the highest levels of scrutiny? You must be joking. Please tell me your joking.

We are under the microscope. Not them.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

Sigh. Sometimes I forget where I am on the interwebz.....

Yesssss we is under der scrutinizing machinery of da gov.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BaneOfQuo

And when exactly was the last time the police served or protected the public instead of their real masters?

Aka the mega corps , lieing politicians, the corrupt government, or one of their own scumbag officers?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Umm how about last night when I saw an officer prevent someone from drinking and driving who could have possibly endangered lives.....

Your right, that's not for our safety.

Damn youuuuuuu walmart. ...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSmediaPRO

LMAO! This is exquisite!

Wonder if they've yet figured out that even if they deleted the twitter account the #hashtag lives forever?

Someone over there probably figured Twitter worked like FB...

Talk about Schadenfreude at it's finest!

I'm still laughing...

edit on 4/22/2014 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BaneOfQuo

Umm how about last night when I saw an officer prevent someone from drinking and driving who could have possibly endangered lives.....

Damn youuuuuuu walmart. ...

I take friends keys too. I also dd on occasions. So what. I'm no public servant just a decent human being.

I didn't get a cookie either. And I'm still upset.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

How about over easter sunday while at the campground near Big Bear (Mtn Lakes), where 3 San Bernardino deputies (2 of them relatives of my neighbor) there sgt was riding around drunk with an open container. Or the daughter (deputy, and fiance deputy) bragged about how she has illegally tinted windows and when pulled over "oh its you again, bye".
Or have to listen to the bragging/stories and I was offered their cards to show if pulled over. Personally, I was repulsed by the whole "we are special, get special treatment, and can hook you up" attitude.

the mother also kept bragging about how she says she is "____'s" mom and "____" is her future son-in-law and she gets away with speeding, illegal tint, etc.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It an us vrs them world out there.....we didn't start the fire...THEY DID.............

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanzHenry

originally posted by: Snakedoctorjw

there is no such thing as a "good cop".. not if they engage in ANY of the things listed, and ALL NYPD do

"just following orders" never is an excuse because you are an American before, during and after being a cop.

I fully agree!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Photo is worth a thousand words... But which of those is accurate. You could snap a photo of me in my office at the right moment that could be perceived in a manner contrary to reality.

While I would normally agree that a split second in time cannot be a good representation of the surrounding events, there are some things that are just not justifiable no matter the context. A cop pulling someone by the hair is unacceptable. A cop throwing a punch is unacceptable. A cop unloading a canister of pepper spray into the faces of peaceful protesters is not acceptable.

I think law enforcements has a tough time doing an essential job while being subject to the highest levels of scrutiny. Don't get me wrong, there are those bad apples, but I can only respect those willing to serve and protect.

The problem is that there is little to no scrutiny. There have been hundreds of instances that I am aware of where NYPD have protected each other, lied, covered up, colluded, and gotten away with so much simply because they wear a uniform. One of the most prominent examples of this was during Occupy, when more than one senior NYPD officer was caught on camera beating and pepper spraying innocent protestors. The city refused to act, the NYPD made excuses that were clearly lies, they attempted to have the video evidence removed from YouTube.

No doubt there are those who join for the right reasons, but they know the culture they are working within and they deserve no respect for complying with criminality and corruption. By not speaking out against what they see within the NYPD they are culpable of the same.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Yet you engaged in revenue generation for the military. Oh boy.

How many raids did you carry out overseas?

You didn't control and inhibit peoples rights overseas?

You weren't a tool the globalists used against the people?

On topic.

This did backfire. Although without a back story how can one say if a picture is brutatlity or not?

<<   2 >>

join