It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security to Purchase 25 Million Shotgun Rounds

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Maybe they are going to shoot skeet with the slugs and buckshot
5 years, are they trying to bring up the price of shotgun shells now?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
pffft
edit on 22-4-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The whole idea that "It's all for training folks, go back to your American Idol, ipads, and starbucks coffee. Nothing to see here.". Comes to mind when I see the report from Forbes and else where.

Our own damn government doesn't know it's left hand from it's right hand, and with all the corruption and secret stuff they are doing. I don't put anything past them, especially lying to us.

I don't trust no damn "report" form some magazine that is bought and paid for by an administration, just like all the MSM is.

/adjusts tinfoil hat

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

originally posted by: nugget1
The battle was fought and WON decades ago, my friend.
We, The People, are not the winners.

You really believe that? Did you not see what happened in Nevada last week? That was one incident. ONE.

Take it coast to coast and the REST will come out of the woodwork. Most patriots have stayed at home, waiting until they are needed.

Yes, I followed the Bundy case VERY closely. He was a small testing ground, in MHO.
Politicians will need to go back to the drawing board and re-write a few more laws.
I don't expect people to believe me, but I have watched the script for total control over humanity being written for many,many decades. It is a very slow process, and the vast majority of power no longer lies with the people.
It is not in the best interest of TPTB to let people know they no longer are living in a free nation-yet. I think that day is approaching faster than we realize, though. My grandchildren will have freedom that is tightly government controlled before their life is over.
Technology has advanced to the point where the majority of people on this planet are no longer needed, and we are just 'bottom feeders' to the 1%. A detriment to society. Of little useful purpose.
I'm what you might consider 'nutters', because I see a mass culling coming. Soon.
When the time is right, the PTB will let us know why they let us 'think' our support of Cliven Bundy was effective.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

/adjusts tinfoil hat

Xcathdra sneaks up behind Cygnis and attaches jumper cables to his hat and heads for the open hood of the car...

most government procurement is something one can access. just like the Nazis, our government keeps records on everything they do as well.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
does anyone get the idea that they are really wasting taxpayer money with all these Ammo purchases. Maybe we can petition congress to look into the money wasted on this ammo. I doubt if homeland security will even listen to congresses concerns.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
does anyone get the idea that they are really wasting taxpayer money with all these Ammo purchases. Maybe we can petition congress to look into the money wasted on this ammo. I doubt if homeland security will even listen to congresses concerns.

Yes and no...

What has occurred with the government buying ammo in this manner is decreases available public supply of ammo. Even police departments are facing back logs of trying to get ammo.

If they cant ban guns then buy all the ammo.

This administration has shown its willingness to spend money like a spoiled 16 year old with access to their trust fund.
edit on 22-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

At the purchasing peak in 2009, this is how the quantity breaks down:

162,000 armed DHS agents,
13.9 million rounds,
~830 rounds per agent for that year.

Not out of line, really. I can burn through half of that at the range in one typical day of shooting.

I suppose it can be argued that it is for training, if every agent in fact expends 830 rounds per year in training, which would not be hard to do at all.

Still, the DHS needs to go away.

edit on 22-4-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1... the vast majority of power no longer lies with the people.

For now.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

No they do it this way because it is cheaper. They can lock in a certain amount of rounds at certain price. They do not have to buy all the rounds nor do they. Government contracts can easly confuse people who have never dealt with them. As you can you see hear at ATS every few years when a new contract comes up everyone runs around screaming and then it kind of fades away when nothing happens until the next contract comes out and it happens all over again.

What I find funny is, if the Goverment was planning a top secret police army made up of the Coast Guard, the Border Patrol, The Secret Service, Customs, Immigration and Air Marshals why the hell would they publish public ammo contracts?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

162,000 armed DHS agents

That's a Lot of Armed agents. Way too many.

13 and a half divisions of light infantry ... Over 3200 armed Feds per state. No way this is good for the people or the economy.

And you're right about the number of rounds necessary to develop and maintain marksmanship proficiency. I'll run fifty to a hundred rounds through my pistol, twice that through my Glock, twice that again on my AR, and maybe 20 to 30 rounds through a long gun ... every weekend ... weather permitting.

I also think the government is making lead scarce to the shooting public. Wait'll constraints are put on other aspects of the ammunition industry. A primer shortage would be all it takes.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JonButtonIII

Start over. This has been debunked. Try again.

MS
FEMA/Department of Homeland Security
1st Responder, ADLS

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

162,000 armed DHS agents

13 and a half divisions of light infantry ... Over 3200 armed Feds per state. No way this is good for the people or the economy.

And you're right about the number of rounds necessary to develop and maintain marksmanship proficiency. I'll run fifty to a hundred rounds through my pistol, twice that through my Glock, twice that again on my AR, and maybe 20 to 30 rounds through a long gun ... every weekend ... weather permitting.

I also think the government is making lead scarce to the shooting public. Wait'll constraints are put on other aspects of the ammunition industry. A primer shortage would be all it takes.

So you want to disarm the Coast Guard, the Border Patrol, Customs, Immigration, Secret Service agents, and Air Marshals because you think they are going to turn that hodge of different groups into light infantry?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
Debunked: Government Stockpiling Unusual Amounts of Ammo [by Tom Coburn's GAO Report]

The final nail in the coffin of the already widely debunked theory that the government (specifically the Department of Homeland Security) is stockpiling unusually large amounts of ammo (presumably to prepare for some great civil unrest) comes in the form of a GAO report requested by Senator Tom Coburn and others, released today

The bottom line:

• The DHS makes ammunition purchases aimed at minimizing cost
  • The ammo is used almost entirely in training, at an average rate of 110 Million rounds a year
  • The large figures quoted are the upper limits for open ended multi-year contracts
  • Actual purchases of physical ammo have declined, not increased

Total Department of Homeland Security purchases for fiscal years 2008 through 2013:

Neat little chart you have there, too bad it doesn't include all the other federal agencies, such as the IRS and postal service and other agencies in the alphabet soup that don't need ammo or a private para military force.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Beautiful. Exactly what I thought.

Take a look at any government contract and you will see the same. I have past experience, not in ammunition but in other commodities .

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danbones
yes, I think shot gun shells are great for hunting terrorists
especially little ones
children are small targets, difficult to hit when moving, especially when unarmed, and looking the other way...
you know how children like to hoard...
darn preppers

You're using the wrong choke if you're having trouble shooting kids. I'd recommend something more like a cylinder or even a spreader for getting fast moving kids at short range, such as when you are doing door breaching and entry. That's convenient, because your breaching shotgun usually needs to be cylinder anyway for firing dust or ceramic breaching rounds at those pesky door locks.

You can load something appropriate behind your breaching charges, for kids you would want something like #1 or #2 instead of the usual 00 or 0 loads.

If you're shooting free ranging kids at a bit of distance, an improved choke might be a better choice.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: Snarl

162,000 armed DHS agents

So you want to disarm the Coast Guard, the Border Patrol, Customs, Immigration, Secret Service agents, and Air Marshals because you think they are going to turn that hodge of different groups into light infantry?

There are too many. What is the Coast Guard ... if they're not the border patrol? Why are Border Patrol 'agents' talking to people who are obviously Americans to begin with? Because they're not doing anything about the ongoing invasion of America ... so they've got to do something ... anything ... to justify their paychecks?

The whole thing is laughable ... because it's designed to be.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I have personally taken a shotgun blast at about 50 yards. All it did was piss me off and blast some feathers out of my jacket. I found the guy the next day and beat the crap out of him.
edit on 23-4-2014 by skunkape23 because: mistype.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Birdshot? The slugs .gov has bought will take down elephant. Are you as tough as an elephant? Probably not.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JonButtonIII

How many rounds did they use in previous years?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join