It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KKK Forms Neighborhood Watch Group In Pennsylvania

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Chamberf=6

Does crime have race or religion?

Some certain (hate) groups would have one believe that.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

My indignation is directed at their statement......somebody should teach them the real meaning of 'harmless'.

And therein lies the problem. The offended either are benevolent groups that would not seek such actions or they must sink to the level of the offenders, creating a war and in turn galvanizing the KKK's cause. Catch 22

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

And therein lies the problem. The offended either are benevolent groups that would not seek such actions or they must sink to the level of the offenders, creating a war and in turn galvanizing the KKK's cause. Catch 22

I know....you are right......I am not from the US, but wasn't that the reason The Black Panthers were originally created? First to protect black people from the KKK? Then to fight for equality?

link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Crips...Bloods...KKK...

All gangs. Tell me how they are different from each other. They are all based on divisiveness, and hate.

They should all be equally seen for what they are. And not tolerated, and given equal press.

JMOHO...

Des

link   
If the KKK came marching thru my village they wouldn't be welcome. We try our best to live and let live....

Not attack, torture and murder a selected group of people like the KKK does. You can't change their agenda or history of White Power.

www.history.com...

And those that defend the KKK have lost all credibility. You just can't fix stupid and racially profiling is just plain STUPID
edit on 22-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I don't trust anyone wearing a mask, regardless who they are socially or politically. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

that's some clean common sense there.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Although I don't agree with their philosophy, I would not lose any sleep with them patrolling my neighborhood.
Now the black family living down the street might.
Is this really any different than the black panthers "protecting" poling booths?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

They were at first, then the group's political goals were overshadowed by criminality of members and confrontational, militant and violent tactics against police.
If I can remember the incidents that happened locally, a long time ago, they used heroin/crack sales to fund there 'fight' and many separated into cells that ran independently from the original. Sounds familiar. . .

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

I'd love to hear what you all have to say about this. I hope you don't need more of an explanation from me, I just want to put it out there for now. They say they have been 'misunderstood for years', just harmless law abiding white christians!

Confused. . . AB

They have been misunderstood? Harmless law abiding? What about the thousands of black people they tortured and killed? Recent KKK campaigns have been based on blaming immigration and gay people, in some instances with violence towards homosexuals and foreigners........but they are harmless white Christians, eh?

~rolls eyes~

I am a white Christian.

Even us white Christians who are opposed to racism eventually get called racists in "Divide and Conquer". Historically they have always been a group of white people who claim to be Christian but then what happens is that people who listen to CNN or MSNBC begin to believe that ALL white Christians are like that, then it gets filtered down to "Fox news is white and Christian, therefore they are racist too".

How many times do you hear that on these threads. Somehow the KKK identity gets put on all of us until it becomes so ingrained in the public mind. But I have to warn people all the time, when there are people who are the fringe, to keep pushing racism onto them, but continually calling them that, eventually the dog will bite the person poking it with the racist stick.

Someone will read your post and then it is reinforced into their minds that all white Christians are racist. Not that you are wrong in what you are saying, but we have to be careful, because it borders on race baiting and then the cycle starts again.

Yes, we know that the KKK lynched blacks and Jews, as well as Catholics. And I have noticed that they will wage war against the Muslims. And this is exactly what Charles Manson said will happen, which btw Charles Manson is a white supremacist. He didn't just get his ideas of Helter Skelter from the Beatles, he got them in prison.

You are not wrong in what you are saying, but we really have to be careful of how we say these things. We can say it, we should, but in such a way that it doesn't lead to the race war which is currently being discussed among other groups.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I know....you are right......I am not from the US, but wasn't that the reason The Black Panthers were originally created? First to protect black people from the KKK? Then to fight for equality?

The Black Panther Party was formed as a response to sending black people to Vietnam. They are a militaristic organization that does not identify with passive resistance of MLK or Malcolm X.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I find this repugnant.

I cannot tell which part I find the most disgusting, between the idea that someone could ever believe that simply re-branding the Klan is going to undo its past wrongs, or for that matter hide the fact that it is still a white supremacist organisation (which makes them targets for summary destruction at the sub molecular level in my personal opinion), or the idea that their re-branding might actually work on some people.

There is nothing to be misunderstood about an organisation which made its name by beating, murdering, and oppressing an entire ethnic group. They were scum. They are scum, and they will remain scum until they abandon their hatred, their distrust, and every trapping of the Klan, and the supremacist teachings of its elders.

The only thing worth watching out for in that neighborhood, is people who got dressed up as ghosts. You will note, that hunting these douches down at night will be easier due to their tactically inappropriate garb.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

I didn't say it, the KKK did. Maybe it would be in the best interests of the christian religion to publicly address this with the KKK.
I am not christian, so I cannot comment further then that. But if I were I would be just as outraged. I often feel groups use religion as a way of softening up the publics impression of them, when in reality they are quite different.

edit on 4/22/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

There 24 hour klanline should be where the newly insulted should start!
edit on 4/22/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Oh no, my dear, I didn't say it thinking all white christians are the same, I was just mocking how they see themselves cause I don't remember ever reading a gospel where Jesus said to torture an kill people just because their skin is dark (I am not religious now but I grew up in a Christian family). I was rolling my eyes at their own interpretation of themselves: harmless!

But people are not going to make up their own mind because of what I said, people will react to the OP according to their own beliefs and life experiences. One of the reasons why I stopped being religious is because I am ashamed that my ancestors killed so many people in the American continent in the name of God...one of the reasons, but that's for another thread, eh?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Chamberf=6

Does crime have race or religion?

No

But do the KKK know that?

I can see them targeting Black members of the community's and harassing them.

Guess time will tell.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I didn't say it, the KKK did. Maybe it would be in the best interests of the christian religion to publicly address this with the KKK.
I am not christian, so I cannot comment further then that. But if I were I would be just as outraged. I often feel groups use religion as a way of softening up the publics impression of them, when in reality they are quite different.

Oh yes we do address it. I have myself addressed it when I was working as a radio announcer in North Carolina, in the very area where the Klan was most active.

The problem becomes this, even when white Christians do address it, people still believe ALL white Christians are racist. The next time you read a comment about Fox News, watch what people say about it. The same thing is always said "Fox News is a racist organization". Then they said the same thing about the Tea Party and when the pictures and statements from blacks, Asians, Hispanics and other groups were members of the Tea Party, some blacks were actually beaten up by other blacks.

You have to understand that within the black community, they call those who are not militant and not members of the Democrat Party, as Uncle Toms. The original race baiters against the Tea Party have never recanted or apologized to the blacks, Hispanic or Asians for that. The race baiters aren't all white, either. Our current president is the most notorious race baiter.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

For clarification...

Can you verify that this Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan is actually sponsoring this ?

Do they have a website?

Not doubting, just want a clear picture.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I looked at the pictures from the link and I'm seriously not impressed.

A "KKK Neighborhood Watch Group". Why not? Kicking the butts of anything that isn't white is the norm..

Then we can have a "The Brothers Neighborhood Watch Group" where kicking the butts of anything that isn't colored is a cool thing..

Or how about a "Squeegee Neighborhood Watch Group". You are drugged up and broke in somewhere...not a problem. We'll kick your butt if you're not plastered though..

Or a "Alcoholic Anonymous Neighborhood Watch Group". Had a few drinks too many and broke in somewhere...meh...it happens. We forgive you.

An "Obama Neighborhood Watch Group". We heard you talked badly of your government. Get in here now and get your butt kicked..

If you find that these don't make sense, no worries. A "KKK Neighborhood Watch Group" doesn't either.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Oh no, my dear, I didn't say it thinking all white christians are the same, I was just mocking how they see themselves cause I don't remember ever reading a gospel where Jesus said to torture an kill people just because their skin is dark (I am not religious now but I grew up in a Christian family). I was rolling my eyes at their own interpretation of themselves: harmless!

But people are not going to make up their own mind because of what I said, people will react to the OP according to their own beliefs and life experiences. One of the reasons why I stopped being religious is because I am ashamed that my ancestors killed so many people in the American continent in the name of God...one of the reasons, but that's for another thread, eh?

You are correct, they are not harmless.

And every post is read, whether or not the lurker comments.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Hate crimes do exist. Now I know it can be hard to understand for those who don't live in areas with very pretentious and homogenous demographic closely bordering other demographics.

Coming from East of New York City I can tell you that it IS a thing and it DOES get personal. I've seen it and still see it done by many different groups and backgrounds. That's not to say that most people living in ripe areas for this type of hate will succumb to it, but it is ever-so-present to receive one sided confrontations and motive questioning when venturing out of your allowed area if it didn't come straight to hit and run motorists and their crews calling hit and run race baiting and harassing clerks of color or belief.

It's a shame for all the good hearts that live in areas shared with those of this behavior. Many subscribers are young too... No family should have to worry about store clerks giving them spoiled food or throwing rocks through their windows at night. The violent crime has been low, but there's still a recent history of violent hate crimes.
edit on 2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join