It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KKK Forms Neighborhood Watch Group In Pennsylvania

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

“You can sleep tonight knowing the Klan is awake!”

In response to a string of recent break-ins, the Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan has given a local Pennsylvania chapter the go-ahead to form a neighborhood watch group.

“You can sleep tonight knowing the Klan is awake!” read fliers promoting the neighborhood watch group in Fairview Township. The leaflets appeared on the doorsteps of homes along Ridge Road on April 18, PennLive reports.

Huff Post Politics Link

Seriously, when I first read this I thought it was a joke. It was NOT!

Don't forget to look at "A day in the Life of KKK" at the bottom of the news link:

I'd love to hear what you all have to say about this. I hope you don't need more of an explanation from me, I just want to put it out there for now. They say they have been 'misunderstood for years', just 'harmless law abiding white christians!'

Confused. . . AB
edit on 4/22/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

In this Orwellian society, even the KKK can re-brand. It is an indication of just how broken the culture in the US is.
No conscience, amoral, and ruthless.

Read up on "rational selfishness" There you will find the root cause. Americans have literally been warped into adopting the values of corporations.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I didn't think someone would 'get it' and on the first post too!

This is a small incident that I am using as an indicator toward future disaster.
From the responses on this site, from other threads, to news stories such as this - it doesn't look good.
I see it more then I did in 2011 when I left ATS for a bit. I have a feeling now the next couple of years are going to be very problematic.
We are repeating history, just looks different now.

edit on 4/22/2014 by AnteBellum because: spelling

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Oh wonderful news for PA. I jest obviously.

It says more about American society than anything else, that the Klan could capitalize on the fear of local residents. I dare say, that in some areas the majority of break-ins will be committed by ethnic minorities and the Klan can use this to stir up emotions in those areas again.

This is the same way that the BNP in the UK (I'm British) have used immigration issues, and crimes in areas where minorities are the majority to get a foothold in politics and get votes.

Don't be surprised if we see members of the Klan running for small-town mayoral roles soon.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

This time, when Treyvon happens, it will be considered an act of national heroism and the paragon of patriotic leadership.
edit on 22-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

“You can sleep tonight knowing the Klan is awake!”

In response to a string of recent break-ins, the Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan has given a local Pennsylvania chapter the go-ahead to form a neighborhood watch group.

“You can sleep tonight knowing the Klan is awake!” read fliers promoting the neighborhood watch group in Fairview Township. The leaflets appeared on the doorsteps of homes along Ridge Road on April 18, PennLive reports.

Huff Post Politics Link

Seriously, when I first read this I thought it was a joke. It was NOT!

Don't forget to look at "A day in the Life of KKK" at the bottom of the news link:

I'd love to hear what you all have to say about this. I hope you don't need more of an explanation from me, I just want to put it out there for now. They say they have been 'misunderstood for years', just harmless law abiding white christians!

Confused. . . AB

OK, the guy in the picture is just a white supremacist redneck.

The KKK is full of very clean and reputable professionals. Not saying they are right, only that when you don't know who is in the KKK means that you don't know which one of your leading citizens are in the KKK. They aren't all rednecks.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I have absolutely no problem with neighborhood watches and in fact participate in one in my small village.

However I doubt if we would even tolerate a KKK member in our group as it's comprised of Hispanics, Native Americans, gringos and Blacks. The KKK and White power agenda just won't work in a diverse cultural community such as ours.

Do you think the KKK might just be more interested in racially profiling than actual protection of the neighborhood. That seem's to be their MO.

www.history.com...

This seems to me as a public relations ploy by the Klan to portray themselves as main stream Americans rather than a violent, racist, exclusively white, bunch of fools.
edit on 22-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I'd love to hear what you all have to say about this. I hope you don't need more of an explanation from me, I just want to put it out there for now. They say they have been 'misunderstood for years', just harmless law abiding white christians!

Confused. . . AB

They have been misunderstood? Harmless law abiding? What about the thousands of black people they tortured and killed? Recent KKK campaigns have been based on blaming immigration and gay people, in some instances with violence towards homosexuals and foreigners........but they are harmless white Christians, eh?

~rolls eyes~

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

The KKK is full of very clean and reputable professionals. Not saying they are right, only that when you don't know who is in the KKK means that you don't know which one of your leading citizens are in the KKK. They aren't all rednecks.

I don't trust anyone wearing a mask, regardless who they are socially or politically.
I remember when the 'Guardian Angels' were all over Manhattan to keep all us safe and they caused more problems then they were worth. Black Panthers and many other groups did this also but the only thing they really achieved was segregating themselves even more then initially.
In the USA sides are being drawn right now, the problem is there are WAY TOO MANY individual groups to do anything worthwhile. Divide and conquer comes to mind.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I see no problem with them as long as they don't break the law.

We might not like what they say but they have every right to form a watch group, reminds me of how upset people got when they wanted to adopt a highway because we all know how evil one must be to keep a section of road clean.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

a reply to: WarminIndy

I don't trust anyone wearing a mask, regardless who they are socially or politically.
I remember when the 'Guardian Angels' were all over Manhattan to keep all us safe and they caused more problems then they were worth. Black Panthers and many other groups did this also but the only thing they really achieved was segregating themselves even more then initially.
In the USA sides are being drawn right now, the problem is there are WAY TOO MANY individual groups to do anything worthwhile. Divide and conquer comes to mind.

Masks are ideas, people are flesh and blood. Which do you think will fall prey to an assassin's bullet, particularly if they begin to disrupt the status quo? I understand what you're saying, but it's all too easy to kill the man. It's a lot harder for brute force to end an idea. Take Martin Luther King vs the people in V for Vendetta. One man in contrast to a collection of minds that transcends mortality and carves its name into the pages of history.

Not that it would really happen, but there is merit to wearing a mask or a costume. Ideas are immortal, pervasive, and global. Ideas are the one thing that connect two people who have nothing else in common. Ideas are the reason we are where we are right now, and ideas are defined by no one face, no one body, and no one name. That's what the mask is.

...Pfft, who am I kidding. Watching too much Batman and Justice League lately.

edit on 22-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

I hope you realize my statement was 'sarcastic' and I was paraphrasing what the KKK stated in the news article.
Yea, it is ridiculous!

This story inspires the same aggravation and disgust you have, in me also. I can just imagine the intimidation a black family would have receiving a leaflet like this on there home.
I thought we were past this as a society but then again as long as there are beliefs. . .
edit on 4/22/2014 by AnteBellum because: add

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

reminds me of how upset people got when they wanted to adopt a highway because we all know how evil one must be to keep a section of road clean.

But does litter have a race or religion?

Residents in a neighborhood do.

"Neighborhood watch" kind of makes me snicker.
edit on 4/22/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Do you think the KKK might just be more interested in racially profiling than actual protection of the neighborhood. That seem's to be their MO.

Good point! It wouldn't be the first time.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
I see no problem with them as long as they don't break the law.

I have yet to see an uproar over the black panthers having a presence in PA as well as having an open bounty on a US citizen.

Let the KKK form a neighborhood watch if they want, at the very least it's a productive step for that neighborhood.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

You are right, that is why I wear a mask!
edit on 4/22/2014 by AnteBellum because: sp

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Oh yeah, I realized you were being sarcastic!

My indignation is directed at their statement......somebody should teach them the real meaning of 'harmless'.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chamberf=6
a reply to: thesaneone

reminds me of how upset people got when they wanted to adopt a highway because we all know how evil one must be to keep a section of road clean.

But does litter have a race or religion?

That's where the "as long as they don't break any law" part comes in.

Walking around as a bigot doesnt break any law. Harassing people they don't like because they are bigots is going to break some laws.

So let them prance in their costumes and when they start harassing people arrest the bigots.

I'd rather they be visible and easy to observe/catch than stewing in some hillbillys garage plotting and scheming.

As far as any Trayvon situation goes just hope any people they confront or harass are smarter then Trayvon was and doesnt take the bait.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Chamberf=6

Does crime have race or religion?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

a reply to: AfterInfinity

You are right, that is why I wear a mask!

With a face like that? Hell naw.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join