It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just when you think you have it bad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Randy looks on you tube and finds proof of what a bunch of
lollipops most of us really are.

Synopsis:

The video chronicles a man named Mark and his survival after contracting
a bread mold in his sinus cavity. And documents his disfigurement resulting
from his life saving surgery. Which included the removal of his nose, nasual
cavity and both eyes. Of special note, is the heart sinking dedication of a
truly loyal and devoted wife to her husband included. My reaction to her
was a simple yet all encompassing," What an angel God sent this guy".
I hope you enjoy.

edit on Rpm42114v48201400000036 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
"life still goes on"... when she said that, I was really blown away. There are far too many people in this world who would have given up and walked away. But she really is as remarkable as her husband... him for deciding to live, and her for 'staying the course'.
What amazing human beings they truly are!

Thanks for sharing your find.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dampnickers

My jaw droped twice, once upon seeing the devastation this guy
lived thru. And twice when I realised what an amazing person she is.
There really is hope for us.

edit on Rpm42114v172014u23 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Yeah I've got nothing to complain about after watching that.

What an awesome wife she deserves a medal make her famous and replace the kardashians

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I was shocked upon seeing the extent that his face had been removed. I am no doctor, and not privy to the diagnosis as to how widespread the infection was, but it seems rather drastic to remove such a large portion of this mans face...

The very idea of not being able to ever smell again, is quite shocking to me.

Never being able to see again. I can never put that into words at how impossible that is for me to contemplate. I am very fortunate to have excellent sight, and I just cannot comprehend the idea of my sight deteriorating as I get older, that's not even considering the idea of never seeing again.

I assume this video is quite old from the quality of the recording, and assuming that this man is still alive, at least he has some hope with advancements in technology now providing bionic eyes. I have no idea if he would ever want to have sight again, or if that would be possible, but my hat certainly goes off to him.

Their level of bravery is way beyond anything I had contemplated in this sense. Amazing.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

What an awesome wife she deserves a medal make her famous and replace the kardashians

A more perfect response, could not be imagined.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dampnickers

You speak an entire encyclopedia in this sentence.

Their level of bravery is way beyond anything I had contemplated in this sense. Amazing.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It all comes down to what your relationship is based on - the outside or the inside. If you love the person, then you'll make it. If all you love is on the outside, then you won't.

These two have the real thing. And God did right by both of them.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
What an incredible story, I sat here for 5 minutes just thinking before posting.
Just imagine if the whole human race had the wife's genes!
That is all I can type, still spellbound .

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It all comes down to what your relationship is based on - the outside or the inside. If you love the person, then you'll make it. If all you love is on the outside, then you won't.

These two have the real thing. And God did right by both of them.

An amazing insight you have.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

WOW ... what an example of true love and devotion. Guess the vows "in sickness and health" and "until death do us part" came from the heart for this couple. I have tears in my eyes.

I checked and he under went the surgery in 2000 and lived until Feb of 2005, cause of death was unrelated. In the time between he did not give in to self-pity but chose to lecture about toxic molds and their effects.

www.14news.com...
www.prweb.com...

To think some people are so vain that they won't leave the house without their make up or hairpiece. They should walk a mile in that man's shoes. Remember there is always someone who is worse off than you are.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: YogaGinns

To think some people are so vain that they won't leave the house without their make up or hairpiece. They should walk a mile in that man's shoes. Remember there is always someone who is worse off than you are.

My wife in no uncertain terms just fell in love with you.
In my own words, what a tremendous response.

edit on Rpm42114v492014u51 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: YogaGinns

My wife in no uncertain terms just fell in love with you.
In my own words, what a tremendous response.

Thanks Randyvs, and a hug to your wife.

I think most of us have that kind of deep caring in our souls and thankfully we will never be given such a stark challenge as Mark and Nancy faced.

From what I've recently read the toxic mold can be found almost anywhere, even in our homes. Although it is very rare to have such devastating reaction to it as this man did.

Our neighbour's step father lost his nose to cancer, and cannot wear a prosthetic one, so he has clear tape over the cavity. Took awhile to get used to seeing past that.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
She loves him. It can really be as simple as that.

Amazing.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I have to thank you for that basic yet very meaningful response.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I don't know if I would want to live like that. Blind, plus probably loosing your sense of smell and taste. I wasn't expecting to see his face like that, you would think they would have at least put it a little better together than that.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Wasn't sure if I wanted to watch the video at first, glad I did. It really puts things in to perspective, it could always be worse. Thanks for sharing this.

What an amazing story of survival and triumph. Honestly, I would rather die than to walk through life with out a face, can not imagine. Sounds like he has an excellent wife standing by his side. Many people would have jumped ship if something like this were to happen to their spouse.

I wonder if Drs would be able to preform a 3D printed face transplant on him? There was a woman in Norway that recently had the First Successful 3D Skull Transplant.

edit on 21-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: Posted wrong link

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Ricky, your reaction is completely understandable.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

Wasn't sure if I wanted to watch the video at first, glad I did. It really puts things in to perspective, it could always be worse. Thanks for sharing this.

What an amazing story of survival and triumph. Honestly, I would rather die than to walk through life with out a face, can not imagine. Sounds like he has an excellent wife standing by his side. Many people would have jumped ship if something like this were to happen to their spouse.

I wonder if Drs would be able to preform a 3D printed face transplant on him? There was a woman in Norway that recently had the first successful 3D skull transplant. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm convinced and I'll say it one more time.

THERE REALLY IS HOPE FOR US.

edit on Rpm42114v482014u46 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
So many people forget the "Til death us part" vow they took when they got married. Lots of folks say it not really ever expecting to have to face something of this magnitude so they really don't think it through at the time. Even those who are together and not married don't think about things like this when they are telling their partner that they love them.

It is nice to see that not all have forgotten their vows. Not all have forgotten that the reason they are (supposedly) together is because they truly do love the one they are with. And that kind of love is what it would take to get through something like this. Even then I imagine it is still a lot harder than most of us can even imagine.

There are still many reasons to keep your faith in humanity. Unfortunately most of those don't ever make the evening news or appear on Dr. Phil.... But they are there nonetheless.

Thanks for sharing this.

edit on 4/22/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join