It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior Citizen Calls 911 For Sick Wife, Police Come and Beat Him Up Instead

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
a reply to: freakjive

Fascinating.

I like how none of you mentioned :

Breshears says he first started having problems with police at the beginning of the year. What happened here, he says is unbelievable.

Breshears said that he had been having trouble with police earlier this year.

A spokesperson for the police declined an interview with local reporters, but did say that the man is facing charges for abusing his wife, resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer.

I'm not saying he's guilty - but there appears to be a back story and context to this - he apparently is "known" to the police. So, how this is being portrayed is slightly askew in favour of immediately jumping to the conclusion it's simple case of police brutality.

I'm sure they overreacted - but I'll bet the man isn't as "innocent" as the article and OP Title claim

This is just one more of many. many instances of cops behaving like this, history or not, there is no excuse for this type of brutality on an old man whom they could have handcuffed resisting or not. If he had a gun or a bat, it would be another thing...but this is an old man who was unarmed. Look at his face.....plain and simple abuse of power. The public is turning an eye towards the cops now and I have this weird feeling that things are not going to be good for state sponsored abusers of the public. I also have a feeling that they are actually TOLD to do this every now and then by the elites, and promised amnesty, because the elites know that ....the more we see this type of abuse and behavior, the more we will get used to it as just another day at the office, and will "expect" this from cops......it's really just MORE PUBLIC CONDITIONING. Kind of like that frog that sits in the pot of boiling water and the heat is turned, just ever so slightly until he ends up cooking to death. We are the frog...cops are the boiling water and the elites are the hand turning the knob on the oven.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Who cares what the guy may have done or not before?

The police are supposed to protect ALL citizens, even the criminals and bring them in court so the system can decide if they are guilty or innocent. Not a police officer on the field that takes the liberty to 'correct' a guy he 'knows'. They are supposed to take any suspect in custody and let the jury decides for their fate.

Plainly disgusting, unless you prove to me that the guy was beating his wife in front of the cops and that he told them he wont stop unless they kick his ass... i doubt that happened.

Peace out.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

Fascinating.

I like how none of you mentioned :

Breshears says he first started having problems with police at the beginning of the year. What happened here, he says is unbelievable.

Breshears said that he had been having trouble with police earlier this year.

A spokesperson for the police declined an interview with local reporters, but did say that the man is facing charges for abusing his wife, resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer.

I'm not saying he's guilty - but there appears to be a back story and context to this - he apparently is "known" to the police. So, how this is being portrayed is slightly askew in favour of immediately jumping to the conclusion it's simple case of police brutality.

I'm sure they overreacted - but I'll bet the man isn't as "innocent" as the article and OP Title claim

It's quite possible he has a bit of dementia, too. So, how this is being portrayed is slightly askew in favor of immediately jumping to the conclusion that it's a simple case of an abusive husband.

Ever taken care of a pt with dementia? You know what they say and do? The amount of force used, which is obvious from the photo, is excessive. That is the point. Excessive. Grossly excessive.

And given that the dept has no comment lends credibility to the man's implicit statement that his wife was not in any imminent danger.

The vast majority of officers do a good job, and deserve respect. But those bad apples really overturn the apple cart. Approach, access, and apprehend (if necessary),... not assault.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Is it possible that the command has been given from the very top for police to do what they want? IE let them run loose with the chain of command behind them? If anyone challenges your authority take them out? I don't know maybe an officer/sheriff could answer this question? It just seem way to popular for police to "assault" people these days. Yes, I know many assaults happen because the individual involved did something requiring that amount of force, and in these cases I agree. I just question what makes cops body slam a 19 year old girl who is just walking by? Or beat an old man like he could actually put up a fight?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
When you have seen the worse that humans can do slowly you only see bad, you see bad in everything, danger everywere, you slowly become what you have been fighting, you can no longer see as others see.
This is what is happing to cops all over the world, should we condone it ? NO. But if we are to stop it and change it for the better we need to understand why it is happing and find ways of helping cops out of the depths were they are lost.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
more sick behavior from the boys in blue....i find it interesting that the LEO's that post regularly on this site have a noticeable lack of response when it comes to incidents like these,makes me wonder if they are on the PR payroll ...sad when armed grown men have to beat up on an old guy regardless of what they think was going on,as another poster mentioned its not up to the police to be judge,jury and executioner

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: freakjive
When does enough become enough?

For every good done by a "peace keeper" (I use that term loosely.) there are 25 instances like this.

Some comments:

1.) Police officers are not hired for their intelligence. They are hired for their lack of intelligence. This is institutionalized with a pretty common screening test whereby police applicants are rejected if they score too highly.

2.) I've heard from two sources, one being a police officer, and they merely confirmed my own conclusion based on my own observations and experiences: ALL COPS ARE ON METH (aka "the crazy drug").

3.) Police departments are like all government agencies, meaning equal opportunity employers. Under equal opportunity employment, only the worst politically correct kowtowing ilk will ascend the managerial ranks. Once this happens, these managers create a "draw" to bring on board ever more inferior subordinates. I could have copied and pasted my analysis for this, but I think that it is too lengthy. Here's the bottom line conclusion: if you want to totally destroy your empire, then all that you need do is to institute government enforced equality.

P.M.
edit on 23-4-2014 by theworldisnotenough because: Fixed spelling, fixed punctuation, and added a clarification

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

...and how much do want to bet there are three meth labs within spitting distance of this old mans home. Doing their business and destroying lives but tip well. I grew up in small town Nowhere USA. That's how the police operate. Anything that would involve risk...forget it. Little old man needs help for his wife...time to tighten the gloves and get out the tazer.

Bah.... Walter White would not allow such labs :p

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'm disturbed by the seeming increase in the number of such incidents.

However post 9/11 this was the sort of society you all wanted - in fact you practically applauded it - and here are it's results. A climate of fear, paranoia and militarism does this kind of thing.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join