It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone tell me what wrong with my car please??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: drivers1492

Here's the video, it took ages sorry

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BloodSister
Thats in your linkage not your tranny. It's a problem with the axle/cv joint the speedo is registering. It sounds like its popped out. Still could be a simple slip due to a clip but it definitely is in that linkage between tranny and axle.

edit on 21-4-2014 by drivers1492 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2014 by drivers1492 because: my spelling is horrid

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Yea cv joint or in the axel ...

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BloodSister Cant say what it would cost in the Uk but in Canada 300 $ would or could take care of it 1 to 2 hours work

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I do t know if this helps but when I first started my car It was in 1st gear by mistake, so it automatically stalled, but when the car stalled I heard like a popping sound and that's when after I couldn't get it to move......

Thank you for you're help

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I would think whatever the exact issue is there was on its way out anyway. That may have been the proverbial straw that broke it. I agree with 2for1 above on the cost unless you wrench it yourself. Your welcome and let us know what you find out.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Sorry to crash the thread, but this sounds similar to my car. We're pretty sure it's the clutch, and we're just hoping it hangs on until my husband gets his bonus because we were planning on getting rid of the car and getting a newer one.

Anyhow, mine's an automatic transmission. It no longer goes in reverse. You can get the stick to go in place, but it will just sit there and rev all day without actually catching and shifting into gear. On the other side, it will go forward, but each time it shifts, it shifts really rough. Once it gets in gear, it doesn't slip in and out of gear which is my past experience with transmission problems.

I'm hoping it will last at least for the next one to two weeks.

What do you think the odds are?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

edit on 21-4-2014 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I have found out the problem, it's the drivers shaft, Waiting for a quote as we speak, thank you all for your help

edit on 22-4-2014 by BloodSister because: ...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: BloodSister

I have found out the problem, it's the drivers shaft, Waiting for a quote as we speak, thank you all for your help

Well I stand corrected. Sorry for misdirection hey

Glad you found the cause though and hope it doesn't empty your pocket to much

Cheers

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Hope the cost isn't to bad for ya. I believe you can buy a full driver assembly for around 60usd. Excluding labor to install of course, but I have no clue for uk since that's not my residence country. Best of luck.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
it might be stuck in rev and first there might be a problem in the shifter linkage possible cable bushing bad or came off causing in 2 gears cause if I read right when you let of the clutch it don't move then stalls? if so then that would be it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join