It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States of SWAT?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The most frightening 36 seconds ever recorded by Obama....it explains so damn much.

Now...tell me again how great it is to militarize our LEO...

Des

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
a reply to: Bassago

They are also feared within the departments themselves. Can you imagine having a team at work that everyone else is afraid of?

Yes... I can, actually. I don't even require imagination. I just have to think back to a lecture I listened to years back. It was delivered by a German who had been a card carrying member of 'The Party' back when that only had one meaning for that nation.

What never left me from that lecture was the simple statement, delivered like a self evident truth. Even the Nazis lived in fear of the Nazis...and fear to control was a tool worn by daily use at all levels.

If I were a conspiracy minded guy...I might say history was trying to tell us something about repeats and re-runs it tends to run in.

Wrabbit, I have to disagree a bit. While I do think that history repeats itself (there is scientific reasoning behind that), I don't think that the correlation between Nazi Germany and what's happening in the USA is about repeat/re-run.

I don't think that Nazi Germany ever died and has been slowly seeking to reestablish itself. Examine what really took place in the USA after WWII - Operation Paperclip, increase in intelligence agencies (CIA, NSA, etc.), boom of military industrial complex (re: Eisenhower's warning), JFK's assassination, etc... and what you find is a deliberate attempt to slowly reestablish what can only be ultimately called the Nazi doctrine.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

The raid was allegedly intended to uncover information on Wright’s estranged wife, Michelle, who hadn’t been living with him and was suspected of college financial-aid fraud.

I'm as much against Financial Aid fraud as the next guy.

Financial Aid Fraud ????? You mean a girl takes out a huge student loan, to get a career ( not a job ) and in return she is given a crappy piece of paper, that is worthless. She takes a job at Burger King, Instead of the glorious career promised by smiling actors in the University brochure. She can't pay the loan and now the mafia who printed the fraudlent shining brochure what their illgotten gains by force.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

He just turned 50.

His job is so sensitive he would not want me to post it.

I grew up around LE. All the officers I know hate this current Administration.

It doesn't seem to be split be age. It doesn't seem to be split at all.

They are all American's first....LE is just their profession.

All of the officers that you know should've hated the last administration too, and the one before that, because they all have the same agenda. While I'm no fan of this administration WHATSOEVER, this crap has been going on long before this administration came along. They should have been pissed a long time ago. And I didn't post this to be a butthole, I'm just saying.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: poloblack

I agree 100%!

This administration for whatever reason, (most likely because the orders came down to speed things up) did nothing more than escalate the takeover at such a fast pace that it just became more noticeable!

If anyone can't see that, they haven't been paying attention!

Go back as far a Jimmy Carter and do some investigating into Brezinski and the creation of the Tri Lateral Commission!!!
edit on 20-4-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: poloblack

Well, it wasn't revealed that everybody including LE was being spied on.

You see, Cops don't like being spied on either.

I have no idea the Political breakdown of LE.

It was this Administration (you know the most transparent ever) that was caught.

As far as the past....I really can't speak to that.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I have a very good friend who is a Federal Agent.

I can assure you they are just as fed up as we are.

Funny thing is, most agents are conservative leaning.

I think we just need a Leader. A true American with a Birth Certificate.

Somebody that will change this current path we are on.

I don't fear LE. They are not the problem. I fear our greedy leaders.

They will stop at nothing to get theirs. Time to unite on one thing.

If they are in Office right now...They are the problem.

Then do what?

Purge all current leaders and replace them with those who will make false promises?

Replace them with those who've had their histories inflated by their current masters?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BlubberyConspiracy

Money controls the elections! Those whom run are supported by those with the money to pave their way into the CLUB! Once they get elected, all the promises they made to us little people take a back seat to the paybacks required to satisfy the sharks that funded their political run........Sucks to be us little folk, because the hunger of a parasite is never sated!

What a SCAM!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Yes, all new people.

17 Trillion in debt. I submit people out the phone book could do a better job.

New people. Term Limits. Try and find a leader.

I am as lost as the next guy. But, giving up is just not an option for me.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Yes, all new people.

17 Trillion in debt. I submit people out the phone book could do a better job.

New people. Term Limits. Try and find a leader.

I am as lost as the next guy. But, giving up is just not an option for me.

No one is saying "give up"......

But what is the point in even voting, when the game is rigged! It is a game of bait and switch. D's take over, and do their thing, until people get pissed. R's then get voted in and they run the show until people get pissed at them? An insane experiment that gives the same results EVERY TIME! Washington DC and the American voting system is WORST EXAMPLE OF RECYCLING I CAN THINK OF.......

I agree 100% with term limits! Hell that's a start, but it is nothing more than a band aid. Lobbyists and Government think tanks whom dictate government policies need to go and be outlawed as well.

Remember when Hillary Clinton got all excited about the CFR moving down the street from the Whitehouse? I am speaking from memory here, but she basically said, "It's GREAT, now we can just go down the street to get our policies!". Don't think for a second that the CFR is only Democrats!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

As an Independent I pretty much have always backed losers.

There are a few not yet corrupted.

I ask Tx. congressman Mac Thornberry before he took office the following.

KGNC Talk Radio host James Hunt.

Me: Can you promise the voters right now that you will serve only two terms.

Mac: I can't envision a scenario where I would serve more than two terms.

Well, I think he is on his sixth term. He hired the radio host a his spokesman.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 13th Zodiac

That could have been the case.. Or it could be like a % at my college did until things changed by school and financial aid policy to become so brutal in rules, good people are screwed to stop the fraud. It's actually been funny as anyone in College or University can probably relate to for seeing it as well. People get their financial aid...then weeks pass to verify in the system they are really IN class..then newbies get the rest of the aid disbursed. Then, a %..never return.

All that..and I'm dead serious. They REALLY DO leave and never come back. All they get is a few thousand dollars. A girl next to me in Photo timed it so she could steal a camera at the same time (which severely screwed everyone in that whole department for how things changed after her). I feel for the people that go to get an education and it falls apart on them..... I'd happily help skip trace and bag the little scumbags who game the system and make life hell on the rest of us.

Tho....SWAT teams are still wayyy over for a white collar, non-violent crime, IMO. Department of Education SWAT teams, need taken back to school so they can learn what that department was made for. Door kicking and cuffing bad guys wasn't it, as we'd sure agree.
edit on 20-4-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Hey Wrabbit,

It seems to me, more and more, we have a Union born from states and now coming unified under central and absolute control

I agree that the things you've pointed out are serious problems and that the particular issues you pointed out are federal issues. Perhaps I'm reading too much into the portion of your op that I've quoted above, but I also see other comments in this thread and similar threads that suggest/imply that by redistributing management/responsibility/power to the states we can resolve these problems and that concerns me.

I live in Illinois. We're 270 billion in debt. Our last two governor's went from the governor's mansion to prison. We're by no means strangers to violations of the constitution and frankly, common decency, by LEO and Prosecutors. The state is awash in mismanagement and corruption. I cringe when I hear/read the idea that the solution to a problematic federal government is a shift to a larger role by the states.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

Hey Wrabbit,

It seems to me, more and more, we have a Union born from states and now coming unified under central and absolute control

I agree that the things you've pointed out are serious problems and that the particular issues you pointed out are federal issues. Perhaps I'm reading too much into the portion of your op that I've quoted above, but I also see other comments in this thread and similar threads that suggest/imply that by redistributing management/responsibility/power to the states we can resolve these problems and that concerns me.

I live in Illinois. We're 270 billion in debt. Our last two governor's went from the governor's mansion to prison. We're by no means strangers to violations of the constitution and frankly, common decency, by LEO and Prosecutors. The state is awash in mismanagement and corruption. I cringe when I hear/read the idea that the solution to a problematic federal government is a shift to a larger role by the states.

I think your missing the point!

Think about what you just explained, and I appreciate you doing so since I do not live in the state of Illinois....

Anyhow, you did say that even though your state was corrupt, people DID go to prison right????

When was the last time you saw a FEDERAL POLITICIAN GO TO PRISON????????

I'll stick with the STATES!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

Well, you hit my point dead on, actually. I wasn't necessarily using this story to highlight it, but it's at the core of my thinking and how I live. The only Amendment is the 10th Amendment. The rest just tell them what THEY cannot do. The 10th tells us, when it's honored, what WE can do. Which is EVERYTHING not otherwise outlined.

It's not that I think the states are some magic elixir for all that ails us, in place of the Feds. That's silly, because State Government is patterned and structured on the lines of Federal within a smaller scale. Same B.S., different location.

That's enough though, and that's important. It is a different location. The closer Government is to home, the less you have to walk to bitch at them. It's a cute way of making the most important point. This may be hard to appreciate in New York or California, where sheer population and geography make those states as much a nightmare for citizens as the Feds are now. However... Outside the Mega population states?

It's a WHOLE lot easier to pressure, replace and reform my state Government. I have known some that served in Jefferson City as friends and they were good people. The job doesn't pay much, meets irregularly, and no one makes a living at being a State Rep or Senator. As it SHOULD be...... That is where I want power because 'We the people' can REACH it by numbers and physical distance.

Tried writing a Federal Senator or Congressman? Neat boiler plate letters you get back...from a staffer, working for a manager whose subordinate to the Chief of Staff to the office holder.....who doesn't know or care you ever bothered to write a thing. You often see a different response at State and Local level. After all... a small town is a polite town, because everyone knows where everyone else is.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Anyhow, you did say that even though your state was corrupt, people DID go to prison right????

I think there are some real questions about why those two particular people went to prison, or in Blagoevich's case why he was investigated to being with. My personal feeling is that they both ran afoul of the Chicago political machine, Blagojevich had a falling out with a very powerful figure in Illinois named Madigan and Ryan pardoned a large number of people on death row; in part at least, due to systemic police and prosecutorial misconduct.

I don't see those two cases as having been an attempt to root out mismanagement or corruption, rather I see them as punishment for a couple of officials that were rocking the boat.

If you lived in Illinois you might feel differently. Up until last year Chicago was tossing people in jail for possessing a handgun in their homes, that is until the Supreme Court ruled that they'd been violating the constitution for all those many past years. I imagine it's hard for someone that doesn't live here to really get a grip on how widespread, common place and generally accepted corruption and mismanagement is.

But here is the thing, perhaps you live in a State that is well managed, where corruption is minimal and the political authorities and law enforcement respect the constitution. That's a good thing. It would be a good thing if every state was like that . . . and if the Federal government was like that.

That's what we should aim for, not a reorganization or re-delegation. Our troubles aren't organizational, they're character/moral issues and neither state or even smaller government entities are immune to them simply because they're smaller.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

It's a WHOLE lot easier to pressure, replace and reform my state Government. I have known some that served in Jefferson City as friends and they were good people. The job doesn't pay much, meets irregularly, and no one makes a living at being a State Rep or Senator. As it SHOULD be...... That is where I want power because 'We the people' can REACH it by numbers and physical distance.

Given the situation you've described in your state, I can see why you'd be an advocate for a shift from federal to state. However as you pointed out yourself, it wouldn't be as effective in larger states and I'd include Illinois in those ranks.

But that makes it a less than complete solution and I'm not sure you can expect people from those states that have less to gain to support that kind of thinking.

I still believe that our problems aren't organizational or administrative and that we won't find any "whole" solutions in that realm.

edit on 20-4-2014 by imwilliam because: I struggle with spelling, among other things

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

You make a really good point with your focus back into Illinois. I've never lived in it, but running loads into Chicago was sometimes going a few times a week, so there were periods I spent more time in the Land of Lincoln than I did at home. Southern Illinois always struck me as nice, scenic in the Midwestern way and with fairly decent people. Even the State cops seemed less bitchy...although they didn't disappear in the south, so it's probably just that I never got stopped by one of them.

Chicago tho? Err.. Well.. Yeah.. I guess you do have a point. I forgot your last couple Governors retired to and are (both?) still residing in State supplied housing with lots of social contact. Truth be told...we likely have one now in Missouri that ought to share that retirement plan...but good folks in the State House and thus far, they keep the Faith with most of the state's wishes.

I don't know if you quite get what I meant tho. It's not an either or, and it was never meant to be. That's the whole problem today. The feds are making it theirs to take while it's pushing the citizen's extreme to push for what almost amounts to succession. (no almost with some people.)

Personally? I just want to see the Constitution honored and that also means crap like the Commerce Clause isn't used so universally, it totally and absolutely loses all meaning. People asked Pelosi point blank and to her face in 2009, what Constitutional Basis was being used in support of the personal mandate, and I recall her actually laughing at that once. Never did answer it...because she likely knew how much it would piss people off. The Commerce Clause is the root of what Feds use to justify state over-reach. Just let the Feds do fed stuff, like Civil Rights, Defense and Trade...while States do state stuff as people in each area of the nation consider that to be best.

(Which would include not artificially creating and then flooding a market for military cast offs to save storage, run and maintenance budgets...while inadvertently making a GIANT military base of our nation.)
edit on 20-4-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Here's another SWAT action ....

Just happened today.

LAS VEGAS (KSNV MyNews3.com) -- A call that started as a domestic disturbance ended after more than six hours Sunday with a suspect eluding Metro's SWAT unit.

"There was about a minute window where he could have gotten out of the house before we surrounded it and he must have slipped out," Lt. Michael Wallace told News 3.

The suspect is described as a white man about 40 years of age with close-cut hair, black or blue short and cutoff jean shorts, Wallace said.

Six-hour standoff ends with suspect eluding police

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

I think there are some real questions about why those two particular people went to prison, or in Blagoevich's case why he was investigated to being with. My personal feeling is that they both ran afoul of the Chicago political machine, Blagojevich had a falling out with a very powerful figure in Illinois named Madigan and Ryan pardoned a large number of people on death row; in part at least, due to systemic police and prosecutorial misconduct.

I don't see those two cases as having been an attempt to root out mismanagement or corruption, rather I see them as punishment for a couple of officials that were rocking the boat.

If you lived in Illinois you might feel differently. Up until last year Chicago was tossing people in jail for possessing a handgun in their homes, that is until the Supreme Court ruled that they'd been violating the constitution for all those many past years. I imagine it's hard for someone that doesn't live here to really get a grip on how widespread, common place and generally accepted corruption and mismanagement is.

But here is the thing, perhaps you live in a State that is well managed, where corruption is minimal and the political authorities and law enforcement respect the constitution. That's a good thing. It would be a good thing if every state was like that . . . and if the Federal government was like that.

That's what we should aim for, not a reorganization or re-delegation. Our troubles aren't organizational, they're character/moral issues and neither state or even smaller government entities are immune to them simply because they're smaller.

I won't and can't argue with your points! They are definitely valid.

I will admit that most likely the indictments came because of some fear from the Federal level.

Yet I am a Pennsylvanian, and we have a situation now where the current AG dropped and investigation into bribing public officials. We'll see where it goes. My feelings are no where considering our current Republican governor was the AG when the Jerry Sandusky BS came up and he avoided prosecuting that....

So I do see and respect your points and opinions......

What do we do?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join