It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Bundy family unearths BLM mass cattle grave

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Burying cattle? Over here (and in fact, across Europe) in the event of a mass culling of livestock they are almost always cremated on great pyres. How come they just buried these? Surely that presents a health hazard?

Don't think the BLM wanted people to see the smoke. They did this on the sly to avoid bad publicity.

This whole thing makes me sick.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

It was never about money. It was about priciple. One man standing in defiance of the questionable mandates of the almighty federal government, one man who rallied people behind him. Got the attention of the world focused on it all. And dared the feds to make a move.

We are lucky they only killed animals here.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So I wonder just how many laws have been broken by this federal agency regarding this specific case. Something tells me the jacket would be quite thick.

All I have to say is if no one is held accountable for these crimes don't expect me to feel obligated to adhere to them myself. Sadly government has crossed many lines time and again yet expect us to fall in line.

The emperor certainly has no clothes and his grand phallus is nothing more than shriveled ding-a-ling.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Here, in my rural area of the U.S.. When you lose a cow or horse, it's common practice to use a backhoe to dig a large pit and bury the dead animal, to prevent spread of disease.

If one of our neighbors' cows or horses get out, we certainly don't shoot them and dig a hole to hide the bodies.

What the BLM did was solely to punish Bundy, for not doing what they decided they wanted him to do. To expedite whatever plans someone in a high position had decided, they now wanted the land for.

People better wake up to how far these corrupt officials will go, to get what they want. Today, shot and run to death from helicopter, cows in a hastily dug hole. Tomorrow...maybe us.

Des

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Well, tbh, I've quickly caught up with what the issue is here and it seems this Bundy guy is a bit of a dick.

This is a dispute that has been going on for a couple of decades and he has openly threatened violence in an atmosphere of violence (pipe bombs being laid, or sent to Federal employees etc), has said he doesn't recognise the US Government or Federal Law and that he is a citizen of Nevada - while also ignoring and trampling (pardon the pun) over State and County law as well.

I'm sorry, but if you act like a prize penis and threaten violence because you refuse to pay the $1.35 per cow a month to graze on public land (when it would cost a lot more to feed them yourself), then you're going to illicit a heavy handed response from the Law. This has been going on for 20 odd years with the first court order being issued in 1998 - he's had plenty of time and opportunity to sort this out, but no, he had to go all "Freeman" and this is what happens.

He is also spitting in the eye of all the other ranchers who do obey the law and pay their fees for subsidised cattle grazing - not very neighbourly.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: Bassago

He is also spitting in the eye of all the other ranchers who do obey the law and pay their fees for subsidised cattle grazing - not very neighbourly.

He has no neighbors, they've all been squeezed out. I think it had something to do with feeling dirty about paying such a low fee for cattle grazing. I hear some of them tried there luck in NY where taxes and fees felt more appropriate.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I don't get how people get hung up on his Tax Issues.

It is not about Bundy. It's about Government overreach.

If he does owe these taxes there is a process.

Nowhere in that process does a heavily armed government force show up.

Harry Reid is responsible for this over aggressive intimidation.

If you put the wrong postage on a parcel.

Do you want these clowns to come in fully armed to collect?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

As far as I can tell, the "process" was followed, over 20 odd years - 3 court orders, first in 1998 and monies owed dating back to the early 1990's...

Then, when threatened with court action, he threatens violence - ergo, men with guns turn up.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Bassage-
He stated publicly that the land was homesteaded by his family sometime in the 1800's. I don't know if anyone has been able to debunk it or not yet, have they? If it is in fact his own land, then he should have every right to defend it, don't you think?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Peekingsquatch

..I meant Stu, sorry... ;-)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I do not and did not support Bundy. IMO he is still a deadbeat. However the BLMS Behavior was/is reprehensible.

Killing and animal and not using the meat is a crime for a hunter. IMO BLM should be held accountable. Although if they deduct the value of the cattle from his million dollar bill then perhaps it is "fair". Unless of course you are a cow then, not so much.

Dear BLM You are jackasses of the tenth order.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

lets hope they don't drag the entire country down with them into this cesspool of lies and hypocrisy.

If there was ever any war or any stance to be taken against the government... it's not this bunch that I want to live under. Better the devil we have... as the saying goes.. since its only a different devil we are looking at.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

As far as I can tell, the "process" was followed, over 20 odd years - 3 court orders, first in 1998 and monies owed dating back to the early 1990's...

Then, when threatened with court action, he threatens violence - ergo, men with guns turn up.

I think he might disagree with you.

Not a shot was fired....Except the Bovine Massacre. Pretty sure they weren't armed.

I only saw video but the only people I saw pointing weapons were the Feds.

I am relieved they stood down. Remember we are talking about grass.

I am sure Bundy's friends were armed. Is that illegal?

Now don't get me wrong. Both sides probably share some blame.

However, We American's don't like bullies. It was an over the top response.

He said he would turn himself in peacefully to the local authorities.

It seems that should be good enough for everybody.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

What are the criminal charges that have been filed against him, that the feds showed up with agents armed with weapons of war and snipers?
Do you know what criminal charges have been filed against him?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Mass graves for cattle or anything else the feds want to cover up.

The incompetence of the federal government in ANYTHING they do is staggering.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Interesting... Very similar comments were made prior to America's first revolutionary war.

The angst in the USA is much bigger than whatever has or will happen at the Bundy ranch.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

He had been to court 3 times. If the rulings against him were just, then the proper protocol to evict his cattle, would have been to legally file a lien against his property. Then continue the process through the legal court system for eviction. He would have been served an eviction notice and papers on the liens placed on his cattle and home.

NOT sending in armed troops to culminate in what did happen. It leads me to believe they did it their strong armed way, because they were afraid, he may for some reason, be in the right if it were continued through the legal process in court.

From what I've been seeing in various sources, the BLM were afraid to attempt to evict him due to pre-emptive grazing rights...which has been used and won in previous cases.

So, they sent in the goons to scare him off, thinking they could steal his cattle and effectively put him out of business. Americans have a strong bond with the Farmers and Ranchers, the backbone of our culture. They didn't see what the BLM were doing as the way to go about it, and stood up for and with him.

Des

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Awe um blah! Gawd I couldn't look past the first pic.
There goes my theory of a depleted white house freezer.
I think I'll go throw up in the shower now.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This is just getting out of hand. Kevin Whal was investigating the BLM planning a raid the other day. I guess he was supposed to have gone to the Marriot in town here, and employees confirmed there was around 140 BLM checked in.

Didn't someone have the documents from internet history specifically stating Bundy's cattle needed to be moved off the land because of the solar project? Can't we get it public to show what a p.o.s. Reid actually is?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

New photos released by the Bundy family Sunday provided more evidence to the claim that the Bureau of Land Management was illegally killing and burying confiscated cattle.

I am putting together material on this and as much source/Chapter-Verse type material as I can manage. In that sense, can you link where there are laws against what they are doing here? I'm serious and asking to know what law actually applies here.

I have found the BLM has been managing cattle, burros and wild horses for the 40+ years I've been around and then some. It was wild burros in Death Valley I first saw the BLM work in balancing range land issues, as a kid.. It's not pretty..I don't care for it, personally...but then, the imbalances caused by man's deliberate removal of every predator that could eat US has made us the predator required to do the deed nature once handled as part of finding dinner each night.

Of course..we could let them over populate in the absence of the predators we carefully wiped out of existence..and then the same animals will die much much slower and much harder. No good answers sometimes....but if there is a specific law, that makes a new situation I haven't seen yet for this Nevada incident.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join